Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

There is a women on there selling " lab" pups which she recons are pure, they don't look it to me and none of the yellows have pigment ( happens when you add a choc to one carrying yellow) she also advertises them as golden labs !! FFS it annoys me

Hi all. Have posted this is the Rally-O facebook page and Dogzonline training forum but really keen on hearing from any West Aussies (particularly the country people out there)

I'm seeking expressions of interest for an 'online training club' (Rally-O & Obedience, but Agility as well if enough interest)

I have just moved to the country and am finding that the clubs nearby (i.e. the whole 2 clubs in a 200 km radius!) aren't quite what I am looking for :( . So...I am thinking of starting a small facebook group for people without a club nearby, or people unable to get to a training club.

My idea is that members can post comments and videos of themselves training and help critique the videos of others. Also, to encourage each other to keep going and provide advice when problems are encountered. Obviously for this to work there has to be enough interest, and some far more experienced trainers than me in the mix.

I would love to hear from anyone who is interested in joining this, and/or anyone who has had experience of doing this sort of thing (good/bad). Alternative suggestions on how to train effectively by yourself are also more than welcome!

Please PM me if you are keen or have any suggestions.

Cheers :D

Tumbleweed I have a friend who does an agility course online :) From speaking to her she seems to find it better than the 'real' agility classes she attends - because she has an atypical breed for dog sports she gets the impression the clubs think she should just give up and do something else, and therefore don't provide much help. With the online course she sends videos and gets detailed feedback, plus the videos let her critique her own performance.

Sorry I don't know the name of the course but I think your idea is a good one, I hope it works out :thumbsup:

Tumbleweed I have a friend who does an agility course online :) From speaking to her she seems to find it better than the 'real' agility classes she attends - because she has an atypical breed for dog sports she gets the impression the clubs think she should just give up and do something else, and therefore don't provide much help. With the online course she sends videos and gets detailed feedback, plus the videos let her critique her own performance.

Sorry I don't know the name of the course but I think your idea is a good one, I hope it works out :thumbsup:

Hi Weasels - sounds like your friend and I have been doing a similar course! :D I've just finished a Agility Foundations 9 week course with Daisy Peel, in which she gives you an assignment, then you video yourself and your dog training and send it in for comments. It wasn't as expensive as Susan Garrett and it was really good. We will definately be signing up for more next term.

It was actually that course that gave me the idea for an 'online club' to do the same! I found having an assignment every week gave me structure and new things to train that I hadn't actually thought of before. And because I was videoing myself and my dog I trained a bit harder so we wouldn't look 'silly', which ends up producing some really nice results.

i was thinking about Luke's thread about councils that allow more than 2 dogs. Anyone know any councils in the perth metro area that are more relaxed about allowing more than 2 dogs? what about country wa areas? are they generally more accepting of more than 2 dogs??

City of Kalamunda are a bit more relaxed about obtaining permits, ncarter, as are the City of Wanneroo and the whoever it is that covers the upper swan area (sorry not sure of the council name). South, I believe that Rockingham council is good with obtaining permits... but none of those councils will allow you outright to have more than 2 dogs.

Some councils allow you to apply for a permit for 3 (or maybe 4?) dogs, but none automatically let you have more than 2. Some, like CoGosnells, straight out refuse anything above 2 (unless located in the kennel zone). Ask mirawee about country, apparently even if you have craploads of land, you are still bound by the same rules!! Stupid if you ask me!

Edited by RubyStar

Apparently in Rockingham council you can have more than 2 without a permit if you live in the 'rural zone'.... but I've never been able to find out where that is.... :noidea:

Edited by Weasels

Mundaring is limited to 2 dogs on less than 5 acres, up to 4 dogs if over 5 acres and you can get permits for up to 6.

Swan shire I think is 3 dogs on over 5 acres.

I have a friend in Forrestfield who has got a permit for 4 dogs on a residential property and apparently he said he can get a permit for up to 6...

Mundaring is limited to 2 dogs on less than 5 acres, up to 4 dogs if over 5 acres and you can get permits for up to 6.

I have a friend in Forrestfield who has got a permit for 4 dogs on a residential property and apparently he said he can get a permit for up to 6...

wow seems like you need a huge amount of land per dog, but the forrestfield area sounds a bit more lenient. I was thinking about moving to Bunbury area in the next few years, do you know what council Leschenault comes under and what their dog limits are?

I think bunubry is only 2 dogs as well ncarter. well my sister in law is only allowed 2 dogs and she has lived in multiple areas in bunbury.

I have spent the last week in bed with the flu and i have over energetic dogs just wanting to get out but still i am not back to being 100% well.

My mum, stepdad and hubby did some back yard pruning whilst i was ill and have made a start on a dog run down the side of the house for the them. Be nice to have an area outside the house to seperate them if neccessary :)

post-33396-0-93771700-1342594654_thumb.jpg

the yard almost pruned back we found a clothesline :p now toremove all the debris lol and the run down the side of the house. going to fully down the left side pave due to all the sand, put in a gate and if need be some bamboo to extend fence but i can't see it being too low. Some beds and we are all set

post-33396-0-62400200-1342594709_thumb.jpg

post-33396-0-10054400-1342594727_thumb.jpg

Edited by emery

i was thinking about Luke's thread about councils that allow more than 2 dogs. Anyone know any councils in the perth metro area that are more relaxed about allowing more than 2 dogs? what about country wa areas? are they generally more accepting of more than 2 dogs??

As ST said - the Shire of Kalamunda (forrestfield, high wycombe, wattle grove, lesmurdie, kalamunda, gooseberry hill, maida vale etc) isnt as rigid as some Councils regarding it. You have to prove you have sufficient space, there is a consultation period with neighbours and then seek council approval.. Have a look throught the minutes and you can see how many have been approved recently.

Permit is for up to 6, but he has to show he has adaquet (sp??) living room for them..

the yard almost pruned back we found a clothesline :p now toremove all the debris lol and the run down the side of the house. going to fully down the left side pave due to all the sand, put in a gate and if need be some bamboo to extend fence but i can't see it being too low. Some beds and we are all set

nice work emery. We just had the verge green waste rubbish collection. Its a lot of work with just a hand saw. I need a chain-saw :)

nice work emery. We just had the verge green waste rubbish collection. Its a lot of work with just a hand saw. I need a chain-saw :)

Yes thankfully Dean has a small one which made the work a bit easier :D hand saws are alot of work