Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Just wanted to say that the Cocker Spaniel Club of WA is running an event on Saturday 4th August in the York vicinity.

It will be a "mock" Spaniel and Retriever Trial.

This is the first of its kind in WA and there will be an expert from South Australia in attendance to help instruct anyone who might be interested in trying this type of field trial.

We have Dogswest approval for this event and although it's not sanctioned (ie no points for titles etc etc, it will be a fun learning day for all concerned.

There is an entry fee to be paid to the Club.

For further information please contact the Club Secretary on 9398 7857 or you can send me an email via DOL and I can point you in the right direction !!

MG yes it sounds like field trials especially for spaniels and retrievers (so not the ones for pointers and setters/utility gundogs).

I'd be interested in having a look, but don't need another sport to try laugh.gif York is a bit far to go, though, just for a squiz :(

Geeez how cold is it!! eek1.gif Last night at training I swear my fingers were so cold that they were going to snap off, they were very painful!! That aside, I had an excellent night at training - love how a good training session can brighten my day! Pippa had her first agility class in adult foundation and was a little ripper! She's still running around a couple of jumps so I'm not going to add any crosses or too much difficulty until she has enough value for every jump, but her two jumps and a tunnel followed by another jump, was like a little speed demon! She went into that bendy tunnel so fast she virtually ran up the side of it on the inside on the bend laugh.gif She had her first go on the baby A-Frame and loved it. Surprised to see her 2o2o contact training on a plank on the ground easily transferred to the A-Frame thumbsup1.gif Then I did some obedience with my 2 and they were jumping out of their skin to work! Millie was just psycho (and I loved it), and Ruby was bouncy laugh.gif Gotta love the cold weather for training!!! thumbsup1.gif

MG yes it sounds like field trials especially for spaniels and retrievers (so not the ones for pointers and setters/utility gundogs).

I'd be interested in having a look, but don't need another sport to try laugh.gif York is a bit far to go, though, just for a squiz :(

Geeez how cold is it!! eek1.gif Last night at training I swear my fingers were so cold that they were going to snap off, they were very painful!! That aside, I had an excellent night at training - love how a good training session can brighten my day! Pippa had her first agility class in adult foundation and was a little ripper! She's still running around a couple of jumps so I'm not going to add any crosses or too much difficulty until she has enough value for every jump, but her two jumps and a tunnel followed by another jump, was like a little speed demon! She went into that bendy tunnel so fast she virtually ran up the side of it on the inside on the bend laugh.gif She had her first go on the baby A-Frame and loved it. Surprised to see her 2o2o contact training on a plank on the ground easily transferred to the A-Frame thumbsup1.gif Then I did some obedience with my 2 and they were jumping out of their skin to work! Millie was just psycho (and I loved it), and Ruby was bouncy laugh.gif Gotta love the cold weather for training!!! thumbsup1.gif

Who does the adult foundation classes?

My dog run is complete minus the paving i can lock the dogs up :D is it sad i am so excited they have a safe place to go that i can be in the yard etc without being molested by the dogs?

I was sad to miss training with Jive last night :( Stupid work meetings! Will be there next week though :)

What class are you in? See you next week!

Missed RallyValley in class last night :provoke: I guess she was working laugh.gif

Good timing Emery definitely :) We are currently hoping Jive isn't coming into season already... but would prefer that to her waiting until the Royal :rofl:

RnH, it is ACWA :)

Im considering doing the switch, but think Im too late for this semester!

Good timing Emery definitely :) We are currently hoping Jive isn't coming into season already... but would prefer that to her waiting until the Royal :rofl:

RnH, it is ACWA :)

Im considering doing the switch, but think Im too late for this semester!

Ah, sorry RnH, misinterpreted your question!

Yes you'd be too late this semester, all classes for ACWA are full. It is beneficial to email the club now though to get your name on the list for next term, as spots always fill up.

Sloooow afternoon at work. Another hour or so to go. Need to go hit up Harvey Norman after work for not contacting me that the coffee machine I ordered and paid for is now in stock! So here's hoping I get my coffee machine today :D Then it's off to training tonight if I don't get stuck in horrid traffic eek1.gif

I have a favour to ask - can you guys all please cross fingers for Kenz. The situation as it stands may mean further surgery and another zillion weeks further confinement. She doesn't seem to be able to take a trick so please guys fingers crossed the situation improves soon :(. I am utterly devastated and heart broken that my little ever ready bunny may have to go through everything she has already been through starting from scratch.

:cry: - poor girl all she wants is some sort of life back and a chance to do what any young BC should be able to and that is run free and do things without endless worry as to whether she may be sore :(.