Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

That is good to hear MG. Rosie was definitely unlevel for her whole walk this morning. ugh.

Anyhoo, on our walk I came across a middle aged guy and he says,

'is that a jack russel?' ...

"No, she is a fox terrier :-) "

he says, 'oh, she looks like she has jack colouring'.

'Yes, but she is a fox terrier, of the standard size.. but maybe a touch on the smaller side'....

he says, "You sure there is no jack in there?"

"No, she came from a breeder, she is pure fox terrier.'.

He says, "ah, but you never know, a jack may have got to the mum!"

So i just said have a good morning and moved on.

MY DOG IS NOT A JACK RUSSEL!

ok, breathe, feel better now.

LOL

:laugh: :laugh: Poor Rosie

At the vet the other day the receptionist says to me "oh i think there is a mistake, Trixie is in as a Manchester Terrier but she's a Miniature Pinscher isn't she?" :laugh: No your computer is correct :D

At least a Min Pin is closer than a Dobe :laugh:

I want to go back to bed too Mirawee... any puppy updates / photos? :provoke:

Guest RosieFT

mirawee - she is often mistaken for a 'jack russel with a really long nose' , but people usually accept my gentle correction! This guy was a jr expert evidently, or rather HE WASN'T!

Welcome back Amypie!!! how did the super dogs go in the kennels????

Big min pin.... maybe you need to fatten her up so she looks more like a mini doberman? :laugh:

I could go back to bed, but have to drive to Glen Iris to buy my daughter the flower girl dress of her dreams... she is going to look more like a bride than the bride... !! Then off to lunch with a friend i have not seen in awhile.

I AM looking for part time work, but am enjoying this while it lasts :D

Ooh Glen Iris - I bet I know the shop you are talking about I drive past it on my way to work every day :)

Oh yeah - they were a bit crazy as expected!

ETA if it makes you feel better my flower girl dresses were used for dressups for years after I wore them, and when one got too small my little btrother would wear it :rofl: :rofl: He turned out normal (sort of) :laugh: We got good value out of them :laugh:

Edited by amypie

Guest RosieFT

I love it when you are at the Royal show exhibiting your breed and people ask me if its a Black Golden Retrierver or what is she crossed with :confused:

Mirawee I see you had a good show too :thumbsup:

ahhh the pure, but rare, breed 'Blacktriever" :laugh:

Guest RosieFT

:laugh: No unfortunately not, trying on clothes isn't so fun when you are not a teenager :laugh:

Hee, well when i was a teenager i was never happy with my figure.. now post 2 children i want to slap my previous self :D

There was a youngish girl/teen trying on dresses for her ball and she chose this huge cinderella dress with a hoop and all.. i didn't think that was the rage anymore? i thought it was who could show the most skin whilst actually pretending to wear something?

Strangely we don't get people making assumptions on what the Lappies are :) They tend to just ask what breed :D I also often get asked what breed Banjo is as well as people seem to think you can't get solid black kelpies :rofl: Actually at a show recently I had a couple of guys come up to see Banjo as one of them didn't believe the other that he had seen a black kelpie being shown :D

I want to go back to bed too Mirawee... any puppy updates / photos? :provoke:

Nope :( When I ask I keep getting told she has lots of photos but hasn't had a chance download them due to being busy and/or too many thunderstorms so I have given up asking. They are 6 weeks on Wednesday so I will wait until they are 8 weeks then ask again as by that stage she should know if they are show potential (pup won't be coming over until she is 10 weeks). However, one of the Kelpie & Lappy owners in NSW (there are quite a few of us with both breeds!) is going to see them after they are vaccinated and she has promised to take lots and lots of photos and SEND them to me :D

It was a good show in terms of rosettes Hawksdale but I still wished we had bombed :p Particularly given how slow it went! It is a good thing you chose not to come back both in terms of time and BIS was from Intermediate (although they did do consolation...)

Guest RosieFT

Kelpies seem to vary a fair bit in size and shape.. or maybe i have just seen too many 'kelpies' that people own rather than the 'real' ones!

ugh, why is EVERYTHING always on a tuesday night? I never go to my children's school's pnc meetings as they are on a tuesday.. now they are holding an information evening for Gifted and Talented Entry into Perth high schools and guess when?? bloody tuesday, tomorrow. I do ONE thing and it is on a tuesday. Looks like i will be missing training.

ok better go and DO something constructive!

Kelpies seem to vary a fair bit in size and shape.. or maybe i have just seen too many 'kelpies' that people own rather than the 'real' ones!

There are a couple of different styles of working kelpie, depending on whether they are yard dogs or paddock dogs or all rounders, and then you have your show kelpies as well :) Banjo looks like a "cross" between a paddock kelpie and a show kelpie to me, as he isn't as heavy as a lot of the "show" kelpies and has more leg underneath him :)

Who else has received a letter from dogswest about the obedience challenge???

Why? Did you??? Nothing on Friday and of course I am at work today (not that the mail is delivered until after lunch anyway...) Did my whinging on FB work? :D

Edited by mirawee

I love it when you are at the Royal show exhibiting your breed and people ask me if its a Black Golden Retrierver or what is she crossed with :confused:

Mirawee I see you had a good show too :thumbsup:

ahhh the pure, but rare, breed 'Blacktriever" :laugh:

Yes very rare ;) :rofl:

I just saw the prize list for the two Western Classic shows for BIS and rBIS and all I can say is "Wow" :thumbsup:

First show:

BEST IN SHOW PRIZE

• Advance Product 15kg

• Liberty Collapsible Grooming Table

• Dog Show Scene $250 Voucher

• Pet Goe – 2.5 litre

• Show Stackers

• Travel Crate – Sherae Pet Link

• C Crates $500 Voucher & Pooper Scooper

• Harvey Fresh Cosi Pet Milk

• Fido’s Everyday Shampoo 5ltr – MavLab

• Oldfield Dryer SD1000

• Shammy Cool Mat – Chilli Dogs

• Trophy – Western Classic Dog Show

RUNNER UP BEST IN SHOW PRIZE

• Advance Product 15kg

• Dog Bed – Canine Care

• Dog Show Scene Voucher - $150

• Pet Goe – 2.5 litre

• Show Stackers

• Travel Crate – Sherae Pet Link

• C Crates $250 Voucher & Pooper Scooper

• Harvey Fresh Cosi Pet Milk

• Fido’s Emu Oil Shampoo 1ltr– MavLab

• Trophy – Western Classic Dog Show Stackers

And the second show is similar :)

BOB gets a bottle of wine apparently ;)

Does that make any of you want to get involved in showing :D

Well done to the hard workers who managed to round up so much sponsorship :thumbsup: I know they have been working hard to get prizes for the performance events as well :)