Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

hee go the terriers..

Rosie had a forced rest as i had to be elsewhere.. WHY IS EVERYTHING ALWAYS ON A TUESDAY!! ok .. rant over..

LOL

Guest RosieFT

My terror was SO happy on her walk this morning because i let her retrieve a BALL!! Admittedly it was one attached to a throw strap thingo so it wouldn't bounce too much.. .but it was indeed a sphere. So one uber happy dog this morning. Been awhile since i have let her retrieve one.

My terrior is now soaking up the sun as if butter wouldn't melt... yesterday was different story. Had electricians in the house so i was making myself busy... glanced out of window.. oh look isn't rosie cute flinging her stuffed bunny around the lawn.. hmmmm that isn't a stuffed bunny....

rush outside to find Rosie quite merrily flinging a dove around by its wing :eek:

To her credit, i just said "Rosie!" and she dropped it and backed off. Bird was still alive, but feathers everwhere... take rosie to the laundry to lock her up while i rescue bird, but by the time i got back it was dead. I put it in a shoe box up high in the shade just to make sure it was really dead, before i 'dealt' with it.

ahh the joys of dogs. The electrician made me feel a *tad* better by saying he heard a terrible commotion at 2am the other week and went out to find his border collie had a cat and was tearing it apart. He could not get the dog off the cat, and the cat was killed. :( So, although felt bad about the dove, was happy it was not a cat!

Yes stationery buying can be fun! But I forgot the pencil case! Used to love putting my name on all my own pencils as a kid :laugh:

Had fun at agility last night, too! Millie read me well and slowed down to not take an off course jump in front of her when the instructor yelled at me to "braaaake!!" Then nailed the rear cross directly after it which is a huuuge deal for me! I also ran Ruby once to give Millie a break and had someone stand at the seesaw for me as we used the full height one. I haven't ran Ruby over a single agility thing since about early November. She was busting at the seams for a go and nailed it, my good girl!

She then did the best stand for exam in her life! Mid SFE, someone's goldie dragged them over to Ruby and she streeeeetched her body to return the hello but didn't move a paw!!! Big jackpots after that :D

Poor little dove! My dogs get driven crazy by the mudlarks at our place... bet they wish they could catch one.... :scold:

Varda has caught and killed a few birds - out of midair :o She doesn't play with them, they are killed and if small they are eaten in a few seconds :o

Agility was interesting last night :p

Jenna was very good :D Abbey was feral :p Banjo started off feral and then was very good :) And I had a play with Jasper, wondered why we kept stuffing up right weavers, then got told "that's right, we haven't done them before" :rofl: He was very good about staying with me, or coming back to me after running to check on his Mum anyway :D

Western Classic starts tomorrow night :eek:

My terror was SO happy on her walk this morning because i let her retrieve a BALL!! Admittedly it was one attached to a throw strap thingo so it wouldn't bounce too much.. .but it was indeed a sphere. So one uber happy dog this morning. Been awhile since i have let her retrieve one.

My terrior is now soaking up the sun as if butter wouldn't melt... yesterday was different story. Had electricians in the house so i was making myself busy... glanced out of window.. oh look isn't rosie cute flinging her stuffed bunny around the lawn.. hmmmm that isn't a stuffed bunny....

rush outside to find Rosie quite merrily flinging a dove around by its wing :eek:

To her credit, i just said "Rosie!" and she dropped it and backed off. Bird was still alive, but feathers everwhere... take rosie to the laundry to lock her up while i rescue bird, but by the time i got back it was dead. I put it in a shoe box up high in the shade just to make sure it was really dead, before i 'dealt' with it.

ahh the joys of dogs. The electrician made me feel a *tad* better by saying he heard a terrible commotion at 2am the other week and went out to find his border collie had a cat and was tearing it apart. He could not get the dog off the cat, and the cat was killed. :( So, although felt bad about the dove, was happy it was not a cat!

eek1.gif Poor Dove but yes, probably less traumatic than a cat! My dogs wouldn't be too welcoming of a cat in their yard as they've never grown up with them. Kitties need to learn to stay out!

And I had a play with Jasper, wondered why we kept stuffing up right weavers, then got told "that's right, we haven't done them before" :rofl: He was very good about staying with me, or coming back to me after running to check on his Mum anyway :D

Is Jasper entered in agility this weekend? :)

Oooh Banjo had a go, yayyy

Did you forget how to do agility, Mirawee :rofl: Which dogs are you running in agility this weekend?

Glad everyone had a fun night at agility training.

Yay can't wait to see Jasper in action!

Edited by amypie

I went to training last week too :D Although only had Abbey and Banjo there as Jenna was finishing her season :p It was 4.5 months since I had done any agility with them :eek:

I am only doing Saturday and have Abbey and Jenna in their normal classes, so I think the two M classes for Abbey, the two X classes for Jenna and possibly Open? Then Banjo is in the Novice jumping but we will see how distracted he is coz he has only had the 2 training sessions in over 6 months (although was choosing to do jumps of his own will! OK, while it was while running back to say hello to the girls but he could have run around the jumps and still said hello :rofl: Actually he didn't need quite so much "help" on the course either ;) )

Jasper isn't entered, he needs more training first although I am fairly sure the plan is that Maureen will have a go of running him first :) He is a pocket rocket though!

I just wish I had time to do herding with him. He loves that so much more than agility :p So it is a big thing to me that he is finally "getting" agility :D

I have also made the decision that I won't do obedience trialling with him :( As much as I would like to I just don't want to take the risk with him in the stays as I would hate for another dog to start eyeing him off or worse still, come over and trying to stand over him! Coz I know he could react badly :( I think he will have to give Rally O a go instead :)

I just wish I had time to do herding with him. He loves that so much more than agility :p So it is a big thing to me that he is finally "getting" agility :D

I might have asked you this before, but have you herded with him already? If so did you go East or South?

I went down to Mandurah with him and he absolutely loved it :D But if I was to have another go I would go to Simon since it is so much closer as I live in the Hills. The savings in lesson fee is offset by the cost in petrol and time :laugh:

I will see what happens when I get my new pup as I might try and do some training. I would definitely like an "off" switch with Banjo and sheep :o We came across my neighbours sheep in an area they aren't usually kept when Banjo was off lead and all I could think was thank Dog Banjo couldn't get through the fence! Instead he ran up and down the fence line trying to find a way in until I caught him and put him on lead :o

MG, Varda is likely to either do well or go out and bomb completely :rofl: I have just decided to go with the flow and will pull her out if she is being too obstinant :p

Will then need to find another night trial to see if we can do CD in a ring situation :p She can do it at home :D

If Gibbs was sound we would be doing a lot more with his heelwork but obviously we cant. Such a shame as he is so easy to work with - he isnt as smart as Mason but what he lacks in brains he makes up with in enthusiasm :) a great handler could go far with Gibbs