Boarding Kennels Adelaide

wire

Today I made the treck out to the Barossa Valley to visit 'Barossa Bed & Biscuit'. Let me say that ANYONE who has a small dog looking for temp accommodation, look no further.

This place is the Shangri La of boarding kennels. The thing is, not only were the actual kennels extraordinarily beautiful and more importantly 'homely' the owner, is an inteligent, warm, loving, switched on woman.

Although I was only there for a short time, I knew that I could entrust my little fella to her and he would be safe and as happy as a pig in mud.

Unfortunately my dog was a little too big for her kennel standards. I left totally deverstated.

Now I need some advice and recommendations of other places.

The thing is, I do not want a concrete floor with bricked up wall areas where they come in to hose things down. My dog lives inside, and he is a big soft hearted baby. I am looking for some place that reflects this enviroment.

Please feel free to contribute.

Edited by wire

Today I made the treck out to the Barossa Valley to visit 'Barossa Bed & Biscuit'. Let me say that ANYONE who has a small dog looking for temp accommodation, look no further.

Gosh that place looks really impressive !!! wish their website was a bit more detailed tho, as it's left me wanting to see more of it ! :laugh:

That's how they all should be ! :laugh:

Wonder if your dogs have to be vaccinated to be allowed there?? doesn't say it on their site, but it might be just a given thing ??

The fees seem reasonable too, not that I know how much pet boarding places normally charge?

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

JulesLuvsCavs, will follow up your suggestion in Middleton, I truley don't mind the distance. I'm called away for 10 days and cannot aviod this. The web site of Barossa B & B is cute but to see and feel the ambiance, plus the owners, there is no going back. Thanks for your lead. :rofl:

I spoke to her about the vaccination issue, and I am prepared to go ahead but the main problem was the size of her doggie doors which allow the dogs into their own homes or hang out in the comunal room. I feel like offering to cover the cost of enlarging the doggie doors, as it would benefit me for many years to come if I were to board my boy (soon to be two) with her. I'm still devestated :laugh:

Thanks JC, have listed some of the kennels on those links and will follow up tomorrow. Did speak with Boarding Kennels Adelaide but some how just missed the vibe. They didn't really want me to view premises but at the end of the day, those two are off OS on the same dates we are going.

Thanks for your help everyone :laugh:

SecretKei, I am desperately looking to find something that is simular to the Barossa B & B but to tell you the truth I do not believe there is anywhere.

Have contacted Adel Hills Pet Resort who say they have 'homely' like kennels but there is something that is holding me back. I've spoken to them twice and the vibe is just not there. I don't want to give any wrong messages here but for me personally I didn't feel right with trusting them with my dog. Their fees are high, $45/day plus $8 each time you want to see your pup over the internet camera. They do have cheeper rates, this is the high end accommodation but for me I don't mind how much it costs as long as Murphy is safe & happy.

Kiesha09, Barossa B & B is extremely well priced. I'm pretty sure it's around $18/day but you'll need to double check.

SecretKei, I am desperately looking to find something that is simular to the Barossa B & B but to tell you the truth I do not believe there is anywhere.

Have contacted Adel Hills Pet Resort who say they have 'homely' like kennels but there is something that is holding me back. I've spoken to them twice and the vibe is just not there. I don't want to give any wrong messages here but for me personally I didn't feel right with trusting them with my dog. Their fees are high, $45/day plus $8 each time you want to see your pup over the internet camera. They do have cheeper rates, this is the high end accommodation but for me I don't mind how much it costs as long as Murphy is safe & happy.

Kiesha09, Barossa B & B is extremely well priced. I'm pretty sure it's around $18/day but you'll need to double check.

You may be right, I certainly haven't seen anywhere else like that in SA when I've been searching around for kennels :thumbsup:

I have read some good reviews about Keaton Boarding Kennels though: http://www.boardingkennelsadelaide.com/index.html perhaps you could check them out? :laugh:

Wire i rang quite a few boarding kennels when we decided to board Bomber over Christmas rather than leave him with our housemate. I know what you mean by not clicking with Adel Hills Pet Resort i had the same feeling but to be honest it just could be that their phone manner is not up to scratch! :thumbsup: Some people are not as comfortable on the phone as they might be IRL. :laugh:

The two best places i rang were Penfield -> http://www.penfieldkennels.com/index.php?&...MN_position=1:1

And Murray Bridge -> http://www.mbbk.com.au/about%20us.html

If you do decide to go with a housesitter contact Anton at Hounds At Home. He was very helpful to me when i was ringing around. Their website -> http://www.houndsathome.com.au/index.html

ravyk, melbomb & kiesha09, thanks for that. I have started looking at he house sitters and appreciate the recommendation for Hounds at Home :laugh:

A few guys here on old posts have used Penfields and mbbk. Might give them a call this arov. Ta

Topspot Boarding Kennel is full booked till mid Jan.

The owner sounded very nice on the phone and was most apologetic so I would aproach them again in the future. I like the fact that they are a small kennel.

Bugger.