Litters Due In February 2010

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

merle girl 6am

I need a rocket to put up this girl's ass, she is taking her sweet ass time, I am doing this all on my own hubby can't get the day off and I have 3 kids to care for aswell, 2 of them to get to school. :D

Join the club! My husband is at work in WA I have two kids and seven adult Danes plus a Sheltie to look after. My kids have been great though. They were a great help. I could do with a proper sleep as I am exhausted. Hanging out till the weekend when my daughter can puppy watch for a while and I can climb into my lovely soft bed for a break. :D

Hope she finishes soon. Go easy on the Oxy as it can tear the uterus. Use sparingly. You're doing a great job CBC. Hang in there!

merle girl 6am

I need a rocket to put up this girl's ass, she is taking her sweet ass time, I am doing this all on my own hubby can't get the day off and I have 3 kids to care for aswell, 2 of them to get to school. :D

Lucky I didnt wait for news or I would be like you this morning CB. Hope all are doing well. :D

ETA. Poor mummy dog must be tired

Edited by oakeydoak1

I think we might be finished, she has 3 retained placenta's though so will most likley need to go back to the vet.

The placenta's got stuck on just about all the pups spent the night pulling out placenta's and pups :D

mum is exhusted and getting very cranky with the pups, she hasn't yet got much milk so they are crying all the time, I have some puppy milk I will supplement them with till the shops open so mum can get a rest.

congrats to everyone else on there puppies

Try and keep the pups on her as that releases more oxytocin and might get some of the retained placentas out. It is also important so she bonds with the pups and helps bring her milk in. If you start supplementing then she won't produce the milk needed to feed them. It is all about supply and demand. Congrats on your babies!

Try and keep the pups on her as that releases more oxytocin and might get some of the retained placentas out. It is also important so she bonds with the pups and helps bring her milk in. If you start supplementing then she won't produce the milk needed to feed them. It is all about supply and demand. Congrats on your babies!

Yes, her milk will come in faster the more frequently the pups feed.

I don't supplement even after a c-section and the pups have never lost weight even in the first 24 hours. Wake them all up and put them on all the milk bar together at least ever hour. Honestly, this works as long as the dam is eating well and drinking heaps - I put puppy milk in her drinking water. The hormone release will help calm her down with the puppies.

Edited to say - if you have more puppies than teats of course you may have to supplement to help the dam. :laugh:

Edited by hilaryo

we ended up with 2 black and white males, 1 merle male, 3 black and white females, and 1 merle female- 7 in total.

Been to the vet this afternoon for her post whelp check and she has 40% of her milk in now, she has been real growly with the pups all afternoon so have to supervise feeding's then take the pups from her if i am not in the room. A royal pain in the behind, hopefully she will get her loving instinct soon.

CB she has had a long hard labour. You should find in a day or so she will be more accepting of the babies. I have had this problem with maiden bitches who have had to have a C section. They always do come around though :-) Welcome to the sleepless club LOL!

thanks for your advice guys, she went out for a wee late yesterday afternoon and the last placenta came out, since then she loves her puppy's, she is in there with them all the time and is being a great mum, I think she just needed a rest and to rid of that last placenta and she was fine. :(

Great news!!! Hope you got a rest!

Smallest girl born at 4 days.

17441_1340181352440_1468366160_922285_903696_n.jpg

thanks for your advice guys, she went out for a wee late yesterday afternoon and the last placenta came out, since then she loves her puppy's, she is in there with them all the time and is being a great mum, I think she just needed a rest and to rid of that last placenta and she was fine. :(

Great news!!! Hope you got a rest!

Smallest girl born at 4 days.

17441_1340181352440_1468366160_922285_903696_n.jpg

Great news CB. i would probably feel off it I were here too!

Riesensaft - so cute!! How adorable.

so who is next?