Fraser

angelsun

Almost 13 years of age, bad hips and the best temperament you could imagine, Fraser the Wonder Dog passed away today in the loving care of his family in Canada. They opened their hearts to take in an old dog and give him almost a year of lavish attention and love. He was with me from the time he was a pup at 8 weeks of age, one of eight left at the pound and looking for a home.

Fraser was shaggy, and large and no one ever really knew what breeds were in him but we had a lot of guesses. He was a therapy dog who only loved car rides when they took him to the seniors homes to visit those that he knew needed to touch his wooly, messy hair.

post-2225-1260584890_thumb.jpg

He learned quickly how to sing, sit up and beg and talk quietly by clicker training. He loved the snow and the last bit in the spring in the yard, you always could find Fraser laying on it, trying to hold onto it just a little longer. He prefered to sleep outside, but as he got older, he appreciated his nice thick pillows I had for him by my bedroom door.

He was a wonderful dog, that all too often many wanted to kidnap and take home with them as he got along with everyone and any dog or animal. He trained all the young dogs how to use the dog door and always made sure that they had a playmate, even as he got older and stiffer in the joints.

He has gone to the local Vet College in hopes that they can find a reason for his passing, but I think old age just simply caught up with him. He will be cremated along with his Christmas pressies and put to rest at the local pet cemetary.

I have his professional portrait hanging on my wall here, and it was one of the first photos to be shipped here with my things and the first photo to be hung on the walls amidst the purebred shepherds here.

post-2225-1260586549_thumb.jpg

I will always remember Fraser as will many others who's lives he touched over his long life. I have no doubts he has easily won his wings for all the good he's done and smiles he generated.

I"m also sure he will be again with his buddy Reise who I also lost this year.

post-2225-1260584960_thumb.jpg

Both dogs were goofy and lovable and will be very missed.

Edited by angelsun