Farkkkk! What's Wrong With People?!

ruthless

wow, it always amazes what morons are out there. good on you though for doing the right thing, I know how it can make you want to tear your own hair out though.

I picked up a cattle dog once who was wondering around the streets with no collar, took her home and called council and was told I'd have to wait for 4 hours till someone came to collect her. Ended up wandering around the streets for 1 hour door knocking with the dog to see if I could find where she lived. Council called me back, the owner had reported her dog missing and she came around to collect her. The owner was quite miffed that I had picked up her dog and said " I let her out every morning so she can have a wander around and play with the neighbors dogs. The dog doesn't like being fenced in the backyard or wearing a collar or even a lead, so I just let her do her own thing" I mentioned that the cattle dog and my dog had had a bit of bark and growl through our front door, the owners reply " yeah, she can be a bit dominant and nasty with other females."

She then called the dog and they wandered off home, no leash or collar on the dog.

Funny thing was, this dog walked perfectly on the lead when I was dragging her around to all the neighbor.

What will happen the APBTx though? I don't want her to draw attention to her. It's not her fault her owner's a dickhead.

Perhaps he doesn't realise the implications? Perhaps point that out to him?

+1

I'm with Jaz on this one.

wow, it always amazes what morons are out there. good on you though for doing the right thing, I know how it can make you want to tear your own hair out though.

I picked up a cattle dog once who was wondering around the streets with no collar, took her home and called council and was told I'd have to wait for 4 hours till someone came to collect her. Ended up wandering around the streets for 1 hour door knocking with the dog to see if I could find where she lived. Council called me back, the owner had reported her dog missing and she came around to collect her. The owner was quite miffed that I had picked up her dog and said " I let her out every morning so she can have a wander around and play with the neighbors dogs. The dog doesn't like being fenced in the backyard or wearing a collar or even a lead, so I just let her do her own thing" I mentioned that the cattle dog and my dog had had a bit of bark and growl through our front door, the owners reply " yeah, she can be a bit dominant and nasty with other females."

She then called the dog and they wandered off home, no leash or collar on the dog.

Funny thing was, this dog walked perfectly on the lead when I was dragging her around to all the neighbor.

Lillim,

We once found a really nice looking, freindly dog (some type of Collie) running around our place. I live on a corner with a main busy intersection so called him over and put him on a lead.

He had a collar with tag, so I rang the guy and he said "Oh sorry, his name is XYZ can you just keep him there as I'm at work and I'll grab him in about 40 minutes on my way home"

No worries, he was a lovely dog and very smart so we got a long leash, some water and played with him out the front. This was at about 4pm.

About 5.30pm I rang again and the guy explained his wife had called at the last minute and needed him to pick her up from work too, they shouldn't be longer than 1/2 hour or so..

No worries, back outside to watch the dog.

At 7pm I ring the guy AGAIN...get this!!! he says ""Well, my wife and I decided to grab something to eat before coming home as we have both had long days at work. We just didn't know the RESTAURANT would be so busy"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At about 7.10pm I sent the guy a TXT telling him just to knock when he got here as I had put his dog out the back with my GSDX and Pitbull while I cooked OUR dinner as my kids had a long day and were hungry too.

No kidding he was here in less than 10 minutes!!!

The restaurant they were at was only about 2 blocks from my house!!! and they didn't even bother picking up their dog first!!!!

Some people just have no shame!!!!!!!!!

:confused::eek: :p :p ;) :D ;)

OMG!!! He came and picked them up about 10 minutes ago. He was really apologetic and smiley and friendly. I said my bit and off he went. Finally I was able to let my dogs out in the garden again. I came back in with Chopper and Angel and they were lying at the screen door when Kathleen ran up the driveway and jumped through the bars of our gate into our garden where Trixie and Ivan were. Awesome. A prey item in the garden with the two high prey drive dogs :) I heard a yelp as I ran to put Chopper and Angel in their crates. When I went outside they were standing over her and she was on her back. Thank f*** they didn't hurt her!!

I called her owner and he came down and he's full of apologies and excuses and then he said it's ok, hopefully they taught her a lesson!!! My jaw dropped. I told him that I don't want my dogs to have to teach her a lesson, they might kill her :(

So now she knows she can jump in and out of my garden I have to go out and buy stuff to keep her out. FFS :rolleyes:

They're going to the pound next time!!!

You poor thing, unfortunately some people just don't learn, and it will take something horrible to happen to make them realize what morons they are.

Since we live in what seems like the dog roaming capital and fear is so often used in the media, my boyfriend as a joke suggested making up fake fliers to be stuck in the neighbors letterboxes warning people that a recent spate of missing dogs had been associated with a dog fighting ring in an associated area. Small white and Fluffy 's are used as bait and anything big is conditioned into becoming a nasty fighter.

They never come looking for them even though they've been out running around the street for hours. I told her they're going to get killed and she smiled and said she doesn't know how they're getting out. You f***ING gate's open you moron!!!

They don't go looking for them cos they don't know they are missing y'see - if they cant recognise that a gate is open the rest is immaterial.

Another one of Australia's many many hopeless dog owners.

Couldn't look after mosquitoes in a swamp.

Souff

He seems an approachable bloke. They sound like nice dogs. It seems you've got some communication going. Be cool. What's to be gained from escalating this? Keep talking and be cool. It's soooooo much better. :thumbsup:

Edited by hoffpig

• 4 weeks later...

Sooooo, Bella and Kathleen continued to visit. Every time they ran up the driveway my dogs would go apeshit. Last Tuesday I saw them run down the road at 9am so I called the rangers. I saw them run by again at noon so I rang the rangers again. Then when they ran up my driveway at 3pm I put them in the garden and rang the rangers again. [Oh and btw, you can't actually ring the rangers in my council. You have to ring a call centre and they pass the message on. The call centre's only open during business hours.]

When the ranger came I explained that they're lovely dogs but they're always out and I'm not only worried about them getting hit by a car or attacked, but the little one can get into my garden so if they're roaming I have to keep my dogs inside, it's not fair. I asked him if I could remain anonymous cause I don't want any trouble with the neighbours. I don't know if he just drove them home and gave them a caution or fined them, but whatever he did made no difference, they were out again that night and a few other days since then.

Today they kept running up our driveway to say hello to our lot through the screen door. I called the rangers and I saw him arrive and pick them up again. I went out and when I came home they were in my frickin' garden again!!! I put them in a run and called the rangers again. I guess coming to get the dogs themselves was too much like work cause about ten minutes later the owner pulled up to collect her dogs :rofl: I can't believe they're not getting fined. Of course they aren't going to give a shit if there's no ramifications.

Far out, is it just my council or are other ones equally useless?

Id be dropping them at the pound too, as much as you worry about what happens once they are there.. Ive threatened to do it to my next door neighbours dog, because I dont want their entire rottweiler puppy near my entire bitch when they are both older! (of course i'll be supervising mine whenever shes outside though!)

I suggest you take them to the pound yourself. I feel sorry for the pooches, but the owner needs to learn a lesson and be fined.

As for the Ranger, complain. This person is not doing their job, a child could be mauled and it will all fall on the Ranger's head.

Good Luck :hug: