What Age To Show

Prydenjoy

The Armidale show is on the first weekend in Feb and I'd like to show my new pup (it is impossible for me to travel at the moment so I only get 2 opportunities a year to show!). She'll be 15 weeks old then and I can organise her final vaccinations to be 10 days prior if necessary.

Is there a minimum age that you can show dogs?

Also, where do I get the entry forms from?

It has been that long since I've shown I consider myself a newbie again, I never was much good at it anyway! So any tips?

The breeder of you pup should be able to get you an entry form. Some people download entry forms but I'm not sure where they get them from as I like to use the cheque book style, If you are a member of the Armidale Kennel Club someone there might give you one.

Thanks SBT - Just got an email from the breeder, she is filling one out as a template so I know what I'm doing, and sending a few more for me to fill in.

Pappylove, would that be in the Dog Breeds 101 section? I posted in the Papillon thread there a while ago but no response.

She is a beautiful sable bitch (as you can see in youtube) from Flutterwings. Her temperament so far is outstanding, she's very friendly and outgoing, and full of beans. Just what I like to see in a pup! I have great hopes for her, in obedience, agility, the show ring and of course, as a family pet :o

Thanks, she is adorable isn't she, sooo kissable!

Does anyone have the direct link to the Dogs NSW website to buy the entry forms? I can't seem to find them, looking in the forms section they're not there and I don't know where else they'd be.

Why don't you just get the template from Warley. You just fill in the details...save it and print them out. You don't need to buy entry forms that way and you don't have to waste time filling them in.

The software isn't working, I click the green arrow to go to the next bit and it just beeps at me.

I've got 3 entry forms, but need 3 more for sweepstakes - Entries close today! I'll be calling the secretary but that doesn't solve my entry form shortage.

The software isn't working, I click the green arrow to go to the next bit and it just beeps at me.

I've got 3 entry forms, but need 3 more for sweepstakes - Entries close today! I'll be calling the secretary but that doesn't solve my entry form shortage.

Not ideal, and I am not sure how much secretaries like them, but you could just print these forms out from the Dogs Vic website to get you through?

http://www.vca.org.au/assets/forms/conform...20for%20web.pdf

Thanks Ashley, it will have to do I guess. It's just for the sweepstakes so I guess if they don't accept them we just wont go in the sweepstakes. I think I know who the secretary is anyway, if it is who I think I'm sure she'll go easy on me...

No problems, they should accept them... what if you were from Vic? They look exactly the same, just ensure that you cut them out to the same size as the normal forms, do not leave them on a whole or half piece of paper, or there might be trouble! Good luck!