Rally-o

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if NSW are going to try to implement Rally O??.....I think the only club interested was in Sutherland...would anyone know if a club on the Central Coast or Hunter Valey may be considering starting??? I would love receive any info you can offer.

Cheers

Finally, NZ is getting Rally-o officially accepted by NZKC as a recognised dog sport, with recognised titles and shows etc etc. Woohoo!!!

Only bummer is that we have to start again with the titles we already have! But, as there is only one person in the country who's up to RE, there's really only RN and some RA to get before everyone is caught up to where they were with the unofficial titles!

It's not 100% official yet, but there are expectations of an announcement by the end of the year that it will be. Very exciting to get 'real' official, nationally recognised, NZKC titles in rally! *bounce*

NZ still has a split in rally though, there is still NZARO who are remaining stedfast and not wanting to join with NZKC (as they didn't want to have to start again for their titles? Probably more reasons than just that) so we do have two organisations that run rally which is a bit of a PITA, but I know for sure that I'm going to support NZKC getting in on it, and I'll be entering the trials in the new year to [try] get my RN again! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Good to hear Rally O is going well in NZ.

Things are really exploding in Queensland big time. There is a Rally O Workshop planned for 20th March 2011, run by The Rally O Working Party, with more to come during the year. In addition, at least 23 Rally O Ribbon Events are confirmed throughout the State to be run by Clubs for 2011 with lots more that will be confirmed soon. This is all good for Teams competing, Clubs & Stewards running the Events and Prospective Judges honing their skills. We're going to be ready for 2012.

The Rally O Working Party in Queensland is working overtime to ensure the success of this sport and working with the Proposed Rules under consideration by ANKC. The momentum is really gathering speed, so how about some of you other States getting going with Rally O?

It's all good.

Just wondering if NSW are going to try to implement Rally O??.....I think the only club interested was in Sutherland...would anyone know if a club on the Central Coast or Hunter Valey may be considering starting??? I would love receive any info you can offer.

Cheers

Hi

Not sure where you are in NSW but I believe Port Macquarie Club has commenced Rally O

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Tassie has interclub trials and I'm heading back there in a month or so to offer advanced/excellant instruction for both triallers and trainers to ensure that the stations are taught and performed correctly.

Canada has introduced some new signs and I"ll hopefully have them in my hands shortly to send out to those clubs that I've done work with, and of course the ANKC reps, to ensure that when this is recognized, we're up to speed completely.

As for other states..I'm giving up on Victoria..they can't seem to pull their finger out and either organize nor attend a seminar as well as the reps flatly stating they don't like the sport and yet when further questioned, know nothing about it.

:)

Tassie has interclub trials and I'm heading back there in a month or so to offer advanced/excellant instruction for both triallers and trainers to ensure that the stations are taught and performed correctly.

Canada has introduced some new signs and I"ll hopefully have them in my hands shortly to send out to those clubs that I've done work with, and of course the ANKC reps, to ensure that when this is recognized, we're up to speed completely.

As for other states..I'm giving up on Victoria..they can't seem to pull their finger out and either organize nor attend a seminar as well as the reps flatly stating they don't like the sport and yet when further questioned, know nothing about it.

:D

What date is the seminar in Tassie? Will there be one in WA?

And would it be possible post when you have details of the signs, especially if they are in an electonic format and I will PM you my details to get PDF copies :)

I haven't done any Rally work for ages! :)

Just a quick question - Nik and i were talking about the honour exercise last night and we can't remember if you allowed to talk to the dog during it? Can you constantly tell the dog to stay? Zero gets a bit funny if i stop talking to him and so gets bored quickly in the obedience ring (totally my own fault! I haven't proofed him properly yet).

Hi

These Clubs in the Brisbane area currently teach Rally O within their Class Structures:- Southside at Runcorn, Logan at Kingston, Brisbane at Oxley, Caboolture at Caboolture with Metro commencing early 2011. A little further away and Toowoomba are now highly involved in Rally O.

Several of our Clubs have been hit by the floods and may not be back up to speed as quickly as normal after the Christmas recess so our best wishes go out to them.

There is a calendar full of dates on which Queensland Clubs are running Rally O Ribbon Events with 26 confirmed events and more to come.

Just a quick question - Nik and i were talking about the honour exercise last night and we can't remember if you allowed to talk to the dog during it? Can you constantly tell the dog to stay? Zero gets a bit funny if i stop talking to him and so gets bored quickly in the obedience ring (totally my own fault! I haven't proofed him properly yet).

Yes you can reinforce the command as often as you feel you need to, however it's better to have proofed the dog before this, because you can fall into a bad habit of reissuing commands and the dog gets selective hearing.

Rally will be presented to the ANKC meeting in March for the proposed accreditation January 1 2012. For those of you currently doing Rally or interested in this sport...PLEASE contact your state obedience representatives and express your desire to have this go through as a titled sport here in Australia. The more you pester your reps about this, the more likely they will vote YES. Remember, MANY reps don't know about Rally and many don't care...they are stuck in the Obedience rut and see no advantage to this sport and therefore will vote against it coming in. (as well, I think many realize it's a lot more work to judge this sport and they simply can't be bothered)

If we don't rally (pardon the pun) together, this won't happen. For those of you that enjoy the sport, it's up to you to contact your rep through your club where possible and speak your mind!

As for future seminars....Tassie was to be March 13th but I have to have some surgery the Monday before and have had to rebook...we're looking at first week in April or May at this point in time.

As for WA, I"m waiting to hear back from the organizers as to when/if I'm needed. The Tassie seminar will be focusing on Advanced and Excellant from both a trialer and judging point of view...my hope in WA is to do something similar as I"m getting a lot of feedback from folks that they are being instructed incorrectly on some stations in the higher levels. (won't even go into the problems I"m hearing about fast/slow pace and where it is located in the course!) Still hoping to hear something from SA as well for the basic two day seminar....we ARE working on this, but I know sometimes it probably feels frustrating for some that it is taking so long.

Rally will be presented to the ANKC meeting in March for the proposed accreditation January 1 2012. For those of you currently doing Rally or interested in this sport...PLEASE contact your state obedience representatives and express your desire to have this go through as a titled sport here in Australia. The more you pester your reps about this, the more likely they will vote YES. Remember, MANY reps don't know about Rally and many don't care...they are stuck in the Obedience rut and see no advantage to this sport and therefore will vote against it coming in. (as well, I think many realize it's a lot more work to judge this sport and they simply can't be bothered)

If we don't rally (pardon the pun) together, this won't happen. For those of you that enjoy the sport, it's up to you to contact your rep through your club where possible and speak your mind!

As for future seminars....Tassie was to be March 13th but I have to have some surgery the Monday before and have had to rebook...we're looking at first week in April or May at this point in time.

As for WA, I"m waiting to hear back from the organizers as to when/if I'm needed. The Tassie seminar will be focusing on Advanced and Excellant from both a trialer and judging point of view...my hope in WA is to do something similar as I"m getting a lot of feedback from folks that they are being instructed incorrectly on some stations in the higher levels. (won't even go into the problems I"m hearing about fast/slow pace and where it is located in the course!) Still hoping to hear something from SA as well for the basic two day seminar....we ARE working on this, but I know sometimes it probably feels frustrating for some that it is taking so long.

Angelsun can I please crosspost the bolded part onto a WA sports list? :) I may take out this sentence though

Remember, MANY reps don't know about Rally and many don't care...they are stuck in the Obedience rut and see no advantage to this sport and therefore will vote against it coming in. (as well, I think many realize it's a lot more work to judge this sport and they simply can't be bothered)

I hope you do get back to WA! :laugh: I'm not willing to try teach myself any signs beyond novice and my repitoire is getting a bit limited :)

Yes, edit where necessary but please pass the word along...without the support of the clubs and the reps, this won't happen, and I'd hate to think all my jetting around and hard work has been for naught! Come on everyone...we can do this!

Yes, edit where necessary but please pass the word along...without the support of the clubs and the reps, this won't happen, and I'd hate to think all my jetting around and hard work has been for naught! Come on everyone...we can do this!

I have just been informed all reps have voted yes and we are just waiting on the ANKC :rofl:

Wonderful news....I think QLD is on board and I know Tassie is....victoria has been a problem, but I"m doing my best to work on things here. I have had no news on anything from ACT and I was told by some, that SA pretty much follows if it looks like it's a go. (someone elses words, not mine!) I can only hope they see the positives in this, hence why it's so important to talk to your clubs/reps!