What Breed Is He?

Freshstart16

He is a a classic example of a very rare breed called an... "I Want One"... hahahaha!

T.

Oh I know he is just truly amazing, if I could take him home I would have, If they ever have to get rid of there dogs for some reason - I want dibs on Homer, not that I would ever wish that on them, they are very lovely people but yeah if he was up for grabs... :thumbsup:

When I eventually get a dog, Im going to get a rescue and will be along the lines of a bullmastiff :rofl:

Don't pounds usually desex dogs before rehoming?

Many don't I'm afraid.

Sad, but true. I would probably change "many" to "most" :thumbsup::rofl: . Such a pathetic ignorant attitude of Councils.

So councils will discount your registration costs if your pet is desexed, but they don't desex their animals before they let them go? That seems kind of silly...

Don't pounds usually desex dogs before rehoming?

any responsible pound would and or should!!! they live in a regional area in WA and I don't think that pound takes animal welfare very seriously. or however you want to put it.

Homer is lovely ......which pound did he come from ............he is a lucky boy as the majority of country pounds here shoot unclaimed dogs :hug:

So councils will discount your registration costs if your pet is desexed, but they don't desex their animals before they let them go? That seems kind of silly...

All in the name of the mighty $$$$, I'm afraid. Most here wouldn't bother except it is law, so it cheaper to PTS then rehome, so sad.

Many councils in here in Vic wouldn't even give a discount for desexing unless it was State law, sometimes Vic govt. leaves A LOT to be desired with companion animal laws but the can't rehome unless desexed is basically a good one. The missing part is attribution for genuine rescue orgs so that pounds can release to them, the desexing etc to be done by the rescues. Try getting a pollie to understand that, though?