Male Littermates

mumsy

We have found a breeder that has some wonderful puppies. We are having trouble picking between two boys. My husband suggested maybe we get both. What are the thoughts about this? Are two boys okay or would just one be better?

There are only two boys left so there isn't an option of boy/girl, unless we got an older dog. There are two other puppies that are 5 months old, both girls, while the two boys are 10 weeks old.

get one puppy - if you get two you will probably have double trouble. Seems fine at first because they are company for each other but by 6months of age you will be pulling your hair out unless you are both dedicated to working with them as individuals.

wait till first dog is at least 18 months old before getting a second pup.

Each puppy should have time and training given to them as an individual - more fun for you and more fun for the pup.

Taking on two males will be hard, beleive me i did it with Border Collies.

If you are willing to put in the hard yards, seperate loves, training, everything and stick to rules etc the whole way through for both of them then you could probably do it. Two dogs = ten times the destruction, holes, piddle puddles, toileting troubles.

Now that I have Australian Shepherds; and I've grown up more, I've waited 6-8months minimum before introducing another dog. In saying that though, I spend ALOT of time and effort with the dogs individually and together.

If you really want to do it, be prepared for a lot of stress.

Can both Hubby and you take the dogs to obedience classes? They will both need to go..

Thank you eveyone. I have had a good think about it over night and realise not to jump in too quickly. One puppy for this house.....at least for now!!

Sounds like a wise decision! :love: Two boxer teenagers at once would be hard work :laugh::)

White Boxers are generally as healthy as any other, normally not deaf, have never heard of a blind one, and skin issues can happen in any dog.

2 juvenile Boxers of any colour can be a handful, not impossible by any means but hard work.

I have only once run on two of the same sex in a litter (in this case it was the entire litter :rofl:).

I kept them both up to about 12 months, then I placed one out, as I could not do both justice. But that was from a showing point of view. They got along fine. But as adult males it may have been a different story. I dont normally run males together.