Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

well we are very excited here, just waiting to hear back from the breeder to find out an exact time to pick him up. We have planned out his first weekend, very quiet we will be at home as hubby has found out UFC is on one HD so his mates are coming round, which is good as it will get him used to people.

Still wondering what I will do when I do go out and leave him. Our backyard is not suitable, full sun not much shade. Staying inside is not a huge problem I just dont know what to to about a loo spot. Planning on getting on a doggy door but we are stuck with the size, not sure the biggest will do.

Cant wait and we will post pics asap!

Still wondering what I will do when I do go out and leave him. Our backyard is not suitable, full sun not much shade. Staying inside is not a huge problem I just dont know what to to about a loo spot. Planning on getting on a doggy door but we are stuck with the size, not sure the biggest will do.

I'm wondering the same thing as you! Obviously mums-in-waiting think alike.. :laugh:

We think of the mess we have to clean up when we get home??

I have the option of leaving him with my parents they have a general store which they also have the house joined to so they are there 24/7 but I can not keep asking them to mind him, though they do like the idea of grand puppy my dads words all the fun but no poop to clean up or vet bills to pay for.

I did ask on another thread but still waiting for answer.

Didles, is it just the no shade issue that makes your yard unsuitable? If so, why don't you get a nice big kennel?

Our girl arrives on Monday, woohoo! We are actually going to UFC on the weekend in Sydney then the day we drive home she is getting dropped at our house.

So excited for everyone, our puppies are going to be here before we know it. We get our lil man in 2 more weeks. Getting very excited, can't wait to have him home and for our lil girl Lola to have a lil bro.

How did you go when you went to see him, did you spot mine? We haven't had pics in awhile..might give her a ring some time this week. :laugh:

Didles, I know your pain! I've been grappling with that for awhile, as our yard isn't suitable either. I'm job hunting so I was worried about what to do with him if I get full time work. But now it's looking like I might be getting part time work, largely when the rest of the family is home. :laugh: so it may not be an issue at all.

We are back from picking up Lucy - she was SOOO well behaved on the 6 hour round car trip plus the flight. I only have photos on my phone at the moment and they are pretty pathetic - will take some on camera to post. Did not hear a wimper out of her all last night - even though we were in a strange motel - and now she is fast asleep in the laundry. Very exhausted but glad to be home.

Post pics tomorrow

We are back from picking up Lucy - she was SOOO well behaved on the 6 hour round car trip plus the flight. I only have photos on my phone at the moment and they are pretty pathetic - will take some on camera to post. Did not hear a wimper out of her all last night - even though we were in a strange motel - and now she is fast asleep in the laundry. Very exhausted but glad to be home.

Post pics tomorrow

So exciting! Can't wait to see the pics...

My baby comes on Friday..... sooooo excited got everything except the mince for him, will get that on the way home so it will be fresh. My kids are excited too. I have read a million things about crate training and everything in between. The only concern I have is my middle son, he is very scraed of dogs, (a spectrum of Autism) any tips for him. It is strange puppys he relates to but as they get older he gets scrared, I am hoping that with him growing up with us that everything will be fine.

Anyhoos friday is the day look out for pics.

Bought a crate today from dealsdirect, and in good timing because I found out our pup is coming a few days before we expected - yay! So only 13 days left now :( He's looking really good, too! I'm sooooo impatient though lol.

Bought a crate today from dealsdirect, and in good timing because I found out our pup is coming a few days before we expected - yay! So only 13 days left now :( He's looking really good, too! I'm sooooo impatient though lol.

yeh i order one of the large crates, hope it gets here tomorrow coz that when ill have my pup. :(

Just a thought on the shade issue, what about setting up a sail in the back yard, this offers heaps of shade, ans you still get the breeze blowing unlike a kennel. We are lucky we have tree's, so not an issue for us.

As for the poop detail...wish we could train our pups to either pick up after themselves or poop in one corner, instead of everywhere you don't want them to be... :laugh:

Bluefairy

As for the poop detail...wish we could train our pups to either pick up after themselves or poop in one corner, instead of everywhere you don't want them to be... :laugh:

Bluefairy

I'll be training Ava to go in one area of the yard :laugh: Just use positive reinforcement and combine with teaching a "word" for toileting on command. Our current dog only does his business in one corner and it sure makes things a lot easier.

Welcome addy001, Poppyx and littlehoot.. Its awful waiting but everyone on this thread can sympathise with you! My hubby said this morning that he can't wait for Badger to get here just so that I'll stop telling him how many days to go every morning when I wake up! :thumbsup: (Luckily for him, there's only 3 days to go!)

Keep us posted on any developments and please post pics if you go for early visits..

oakeydoak1 - Where are our Lucy pics? :)

Welcome addy001, Poppyx and littlehoot.. Its awful waiting but everyone on this thread can sympathise with you! My hubby said this morning that he can't wait for Badger to get here just so that I'll stop telling him how many days to go every morning when I wake up! :) (Luckily for him, there's only 3 days to go!)

:rofl: I can so relate. 12 more days! :thumbsup:

Here he is though, 6 weeks old :rofl:

post-33077-1266484522_thumb.jpg

Edited by FD26