Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

6 days left! :laugh: I'm actually turning from excited to nervous now, lol. It's always been such a long wait that it didn't quite feel real. Now I'm going into mini-panic mode and wondering how he'll get along with the cats, and how we're going to go keeping him mosty inside...anyone else feel this as it got closer?

Didles - any luck on your breeder hunting?

ETA: We had 3 different pups fall through before we got this one! So I know how frustrating it can be. The situations weren't nearly as bad as yours, but it was still a rollercoaster ride for everyone!!

Edited by FD26

We are okay it is the kids that are worst, I have packed away the puppy stuff so that should help, hubby found another one and organized for me to go down so I rang yesterday morning to let her know I was running late and she said it wasn't good and that she told my husband that she did not want anyone till friday (I know he stuffs up sometimes but I believe him on this one) so I said I think we should leave that one too.

I think I am just wary, funny thing but today the guy with the original pup left a message that he was ready for pick up today, the vet said yesterday that he will not be sending them home till the end of the week, was tempted, but. I may have something lined up won't be until August but this person sounds like a very caring person/dog owner and may be the one for us, we have decided that we don't need a puppy now we would rather wait for the right one to come to us, don't get me wrong I would love to have a pup now but I am being very cautious of the people we buy from now. We may even get a chance at an older dog that has just come to her under horrible circumstances which we have said we would love to meet her and see if she clicks with us.

No long now, fingers crossed for you that your weekend will be fun, oh and MORE pics please I would love to see these babies.

Hows Badger settling in?

He's doing so well, littlehoot.. Another good night last night.. He settles in his crate within a minute or two. He woke three times last night - 11.45, 1.30 and 4.55 but did his wee as soon as he was on his 'spot' and then straight back to sleep.. Actually my alarm at 6.30 woke us both up! :laugh:

The toilet training is a bit of a mixed bag.. He often gets up and whines and then I take him out and he's a little champ.. But at other times, when I think I need to take him out like after a big play session etc, I spend AGES in the garden waiting until eventually giving up and coming back inside and then he wees within 5 minutes.. I usually catch him in the act but its already slipped out.. :)

But he's such a special little man and so clever too! (Don't all new mums think their pups are highly intelligent? :eek: ) Has already learnt to sit with the clicker and when he sees me getting his food he goes over to his mat and sits in readiness... :laugh: Too cute!

FD26 - So excited for you counting down your last week! You're going to have so much fun with him.. I think the nervousness is quite normal.. I also think it means you want to do everything right which can only be a good thing! :eek:

Didles - Hang in there.. The right pup will come. We're all thinking of you...

Sounds like Badger is settling in nicely.

Didles, I am glad you have a good feeling about the lady that will have puppies in a couple of months.

FD26: I am excited now but will be nervous on the drive up is a couple of hours from here.Hoping to leave first thing Saturday depending on the weather.

What a clever boy you have, sound like you have the waking up down pack. Sounds like a newborn getting up for there feeds. Have to add that he is beautiful, his colours are great. Hoot, you will be fine, may not sleep the night before but you will be right.

I am so glad I have found this place you guys are great.

Didles, I don't know if it will be helpful, but remember you can broaden your search if you want. We only have one local breeder who isn't having pups for quite some time, so we had to look interstate. It opened it up and we were able to find the best breeder we could without having to wait ages. :laugh:

FD26 - 6 days and counting. So very excited for you. Can't wait to see pics. We won't be picking up our little boy til the Friday. But then we are home with him for a week to make sure that he settles in ok and also it will be a little holiday for us as well. I'm just hoping that he goes on Lola's sleep time and good habits.

She's GORGEOUS! You can see by the look in Satchmo's eyes that he is SO not impressed... :rofl:

Damn straight he isn't :laugh:

He loves other dogs, and we've had other dogs stay here with no issues. But I think a wriggly, squirmy, licky puppy with no sense of personal space is pushing the boundaries :rofl:

I love that first picture, Wuffles! What a beautiful dog.

You're not alone in the nervousness, FD26. I'm worrying over what to do re: the stairs in our house.

Rang around the local butchers today so am feeling on top of the food situation. Just need to go shopping now.

FD26 - 6 days and counting. So very excited for you. Can't wait to see pics. We won't be picking up our little boy til the Friday. But then we are home with him for a week to make sure that he settles in ok and also it will be a little holiday for us as well. I'm just hoping that he goes on Lola's sleep time and good habits.

It's so exciting! I haven't found a job yet (been searching for a few weeks), which I'm relieved about as it means I get to stay home with him hehe. I actually got a call for an interview today and they wanted to do it on MONDAY! I felt a bit silly saying I couldn't because I'd be picking a puppy up from the airport lol, but it'll be Tuesday now. Can't wait to compare pics with ya! :o

Wuffles, what a cutie! I love her colour/markings, just gorgeous!

Edited by FD26

Well we are mid week now so not long to go.

Have just gone through everything we have and need and think we have everything covered. Will talk with the breeder tomorrow to organise a time for pick up.

Hows Badger going.

Didles, hope you are hanging in there.

Super excited, cant wait. I even have her needles booked in for second and third vaccinations.

Thats good that you are looking but if you dont feel the pup on the weekend is for you, dont feel you have to get it. How did you getting your deposit back, hope it wasnt too stressful.