Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Welcome kasoo :) What colour is your (hopefully) little boy?

I am reading 'The Focused Puppy' and finding it exactly what I need to prepare for a little one.

Very happy to hear, have just purchased this book.

Anna What a little cutie. All these puppy pictures just makes me more impatient.

Katie How exciting :crossfingers:

The litter we are waiting to hear about is now 4weeks old, havnt had a lot of info from the breeder which is kind of discouraging but always get a reply. So far have had 2 pics of the puppies lol so im already way excited before I should be.

Don't worry Bianca, it has been exactly the same for me. Have heard very little about the litter and everything about it!!! Basically I know parents, lines, number of puppies, gender and age!!! Have sent an email so hoping for a good response and update. Last picture I have seen is them at 2.5 weeks (nearly 5 weeks now). But I know my breeder is super dooper busy at the moment with puppies, showing, family and life in general!.

Anna What a little cutie. All these puppy pictures just makes me more impatient.

Katie How exciting :crossfingers:

The litter we are waiting to hear about is now 4weeks old, havnt had a lot of info from the breeder which is kind of discouraging but always get a reply. So far have had 2 pics of the puppies lol so im already way excited before I should be.

Don't worry Bianca, it has been exactly the same for me. Have heard very little about the litter and everything about it!!! Basically I know parents, lines, number of puppies, gender and age!!! Have sent an email so hoping for a good response and update. Last picture I have seen is them at 2.5 weeks (nearly 5 weeks now). But I know my breeder is super dooper busy at the moment with puppies, showing, family and life in general!.

Thats good to know than, we knew when they were due and got an email a week later to make sure we were still interested with a pic of them. Than after that had been like 3 weeks and nothing so I emailed to see how everything was going. I always get a reply even if not much to it. Thats the other thing I know people still have lives, so im sure with everything she would be flat out. Im just veery impatient lol 3 days feels like 2 weeks!

Welcome kasoo :) What colour is your (hopefully) little boy?

I am reading 'The Focused Puppy' and finding it exactly what I need to prepare for a little one.

Very happy to hear, have just purchased this book.

The book is big on using a clicker or marker word. And our obedience club uses very similar techniques. I am practicing on my sheltie. She is picking it up much faster than I am. :rofl: It's just the coordinating the hand signal, command, click to mark the moment she is doing it right then treat. I want to get my coordination right and then start my new pup with this training.

So sorry to hear Katie.

Kasoo that's great feedback. I've just started using clicker training on my 10 yr old and I'm amazed how quickly she has understood the concept. Looking forward to reading the book more. Yes I agree the coordination of the click, treat etc was hard at first.

oh no katie!! im so sorry!! :(:(:(:(

i was just thinking some breeders wont give much away about a litter early on as there is a chance they wont all make it! and nobody likes to hear bad news... but if this is not the case then i find it a little odd they havent contacted u in 5 weeks to let u know how the babies are going!! my breeder shows every weekend and works and has kids etc... and i got several pics and a litter update every week... she also had a facebook group made for her prefix so she only has to send the pics once and update once but we can all see it :):)

oh no katie!! im so sorry!! :(:(:(:(

i was just thinking some breeders wont give much away about a litter early on as there is a chance they wont all make it! and nobody likes to hear bad news... but if this is not the case then i find it a little odd they havent contacted u in 5 weeks to let u know how the babies are going!! my breeder shows every weekend and works and has kids etc... and i got several pics and a litter update every week... she also had a facebook group made for her prefix so she only has to send the pics once and update once but we can all see it :):)

Hmm I guess everyone is different? I see heaps of breeders writing that they update each week etc. We havnt really heard anything, just when the litter arrived, how many pups and the colours. We did get told that she would contact us when the litter arrived and go from there. They will be 5 weeks soon so we are hoping for some sort of update or info. Kind of just going with the flow. When did you know that you would be getting your puppy?

That's a really good idea re the Facebook group Kirst Goldens.

Perhaps some breeders wait until all health checks are completed so as to not let anyone down. Plus if they are choosing their own pup or a show pup from the litter they seem to wait until 5-7 weeks or even later to do so, so can't guarantee pups.

I'm lucky with my breeder, pictures same day every week (cannot wait for that day and check email constantly!) I was informed we were getting a puppy the morning after they were born, we visited them at 3 weeks and are visiting next weekend when they are at 6 weeks. We visited the breeder before the bitch was in season, so helped establish good communication when the time came.

Every breeder would be different I would think.

No pup for me....things have gone a skew.

I'm so sorry to hear that Katie P. You must be really disappointed :( . Do you have any other puppy options coming up? :crossfingers: that your wait for that perfect puppy won't be too much longer.

I remember having to wait until 6 weeks with my last puppy (7 years ago) to hear if we were one of the lucky ones....and that was after a 2 year wait for the litter. That breeder was also not so forthcoming with pictures....so the wait was like torture. The breeder of the puppy I am currently waiting for is fantastic, with regular web updates of pics....and always responding to my probably very annoying emails :o. There is also a facebook page I have just realised....after reading this thread!

post-39487-0-65487900-1305982311_thumb.jpgWe collected our beautiful new Labrador Daisy during the week. :cheer: She is adorable and settling in really well. Went to puppy school today which was a bit of a shock for her though. The other pups were all a good month older than her and much more boisterous. Poor girl :laugh:

I guess I should join this thread. Waiting on a Brittany puppy :) The breeder has a litter but will need to wait till she is 8 weeks (so 6 weeks from now) to tell if she's mine.

I have been doing SO much research and planning. Can't wait. Just have to get through uni exams fist.

post-39487-0-65487900-1305982311_thumb.jpgWe collected our beautiful new Labrador Daisy during the week. :cheer: She is adorable and settling in really well. Went to puppy school today which was a bit of a shock for her though. The other pups were all a good month older than her and much more boisterous. Poor girl :laugh:

aww she is gorgeous :)

I guess I should join this thread. Waiting on a Brittany puppy :) The breeder has a litter but will need to wait till she is 8 weeks (so 6 weeks from now) to tell if she's mine.

I have been doing SO much research and planning. Can't wait. Just have to get through uni exams fist.

How exciting! Im sure the 6 weeks wont draag at all :rolleyes:

Sorry guys still working out how to post and stuff lol

Nice pics and congrats to all!

Yeah have to change breeders.....I know it will be at least a 6 month wait now.......

Mmm thats crusty hey :( back to square one finding another breeder than the waiting to find out if you have a puppy. Im sure the extra wait will be worth it though :thumbsup:

I heard from my breeder in the Czech Republic there has been a mating of the lines i've been waiting on and the litter is expected in the middle of july. She won't get to me til about 10 months old.

My breed is White Swiss Shepherd.

I heard from my breeder in the Czech Republic there has been a mating of the lines i've been waiting on and the litter is expected in the middle of july. She won't get to me til about 10 months old.

My breed is White Swiss Shepherd.

Exciting!! Damn about the long wait though......piccers when you can!! Is it going to be costy to import?