Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

2 1/2 weeks to go here! Yay :D I haven't bought anything, I can't figure out what we'll need that we don't already have (except for a crate) and I don't know how big he'll be when he gets here, because he's about 2 months younger than Joss was. So I'm going to wing it :p That's a good idea, right?

Yay how exciting Smartypaws! Cant wait to see some pictures, not to long for you now :D . Dol breed pages and google have been handy, I havnt heard of some of these breeds.

Dwilds 10months you have a massive wait! lol makes the whole 5 weeks ive been waiting look like nothing. How long does it take to get her from there to here?

:welcome: Chihuahualover. Sorry to hear about your loss. Have you found any breeders that you like the look of yet?

Dunwurkn Howz That....AKA "Cricket" is settling in nicely with Bindi. She is being very good to him, but so far, her kennel is out of bounds :thumbsup: We have had him for two nights now & all is well :D

IMG_0806.jpg

Aw Sheena! Cricket is so sweet!

Ambrosia, sorry to disappoint :p Hopefully his breeder will send through some new photos this coming weekend, I usually get them every other weekend :)

Dunwurkn Howz That....AKA "Cricket" is settling in nicely with Bindi. She is being very good to him, but so far, her kennel is out of bounds :thumbsup: We have had him for two nights now & all is well :D

IMG_0806.jpg

Awwww, gorgeous!

Sheena....he is gorgeous!! Cricket was a name on the shortlist for my puppy!! I can't believe that someone else thought of that one....but then, with a registered name like his it is very fitting!

Still waiting to find out which pup will be ours.....it's excruciating!! Particularly as we are quite taken with one of the pups :o .......but I trust my breeders assessment so will just wait and see :D .

Here's XH's new puppy! He gave the big "yes please!" tonight. He's due to come down the weekend after Rupert, so they can be puppy friends :D And my sister has her currently-8-week-old Staffy pup too, so it will be absolute chaos. Poor Joss won't know what to do with herself.

post-36688-0-46038200-1306229682_thumb.jpg

Here's XH's new puppy! He gave the big "yes please!" tonight. He's due to come down the weekend after Rupert, so they can be puppy friends :D And my sister has her currently-8-week-old Staffy pup too, so it will be absolute chaos. Poor Joss won't know what to do with herself.

Awwww, too cute!! I am getting puppy envy!!

Awwww! Actually looks a bit like a lappie puppy. They'll love playing together.

i think i have found my breeder. she has pups ready to go they are 11 weeks which is the perfect age as i bought one at 8 weeks recently and it was infected with the parvo virus. long story, we are taking the woman to court she has been doing it for 7 years and killed over 1000 puppies. watch out for the story on Today tonight we have contacted them

anyway the new puppy is adorable (in the pictures) i meet him on Saturday so i am very excited i have been waiting a long time for this moment so i don't think anything can really ruin it.

Some super cute puppies here! I can join now as I have just sent off my deposit for a standard poodle pup. It going to be quite a wait but it gives time to get ready I guesss. Very exciting.

Congratulations Chihuahualover and Jetson! So exciting!

I am starting to get a bit worried here....I know I am probably just being neurotic :o , but I had hoped to hear by now which of the two puppies would be the one coming home with us (it is this weekend afterall). I don't want to be pushy though, so I'm treading that line between looking like a complete dog nutter, without appearing like I don't really care. I know our breeder has a life too, and is incredibly busy. We are just so hoping it is one pup in particular, while at the same time not wanting to be disappointed if the other pup is chosen for us :o, he is a fabulous puppy too, we all just really connected with the other puppy :( . Am I just being silly? Please feel free to add words of comfort in reply ;) .

I don't think you're being silly Smartypaws. If it's this weekend, it seems reasonable to know which one is yours. And if you think you might be disappointed if you get one over the other (which I think is normal!) then finding out now will give you some time to feel okay with it :) Have you tried to get in touch with the breeder?

Hi Jetson, how long will you be waiting for your pup?

You're not being silly smarty paws! Very normal/natural thoughts.

It's difficult when you don't know which is yours yet- you don't want to have a favourite in case you don't get it but it is only natural.

I wouldn't be able to help myself, I'd be asking the breeder :)

Thanks Anna and Ambrosia. I emailed the breeder on Monday night.....but she works full-time and is busy, so I don't exepct an immediate reply, and don't want to bug her with phone calls. But I did hope that by today I might have gotten a reply :o . My OH says I need a lesson in patience! It's just that on Sunday I felt like our favourite puppy might have been the one chosen for us, but as the days pass by I am less certain. He was the show pick, and while I will show if that puppy comes our way, I was not after a show puppy....and there were others on the wait list who were :( . That said, the other puppy has great drive for what I want to do with him and was also very sweet......it was just something about that first pup, a softness about him.....he stuck close to us the whole time we were there and was great with our kids (2 and 5).

I will ring tonight I think.... :confused: Or maybe there will be a reply waiting for me when I get home and my neurosis will have been for nothing ;) .