Poty Nsw - Anyone There? Are There Results Yet?

angelsophie

you can always invite us over for a dematting party :) you provide the wine and we will bring combs LOL

:rofl::rofl::eek: :D ;) :) Don't give me a heart attack :thumbsup::rofl::(
I was going to go out and have a look as well as set up for tomorrow but my father had a fall on Thursday and hurt his back (again) so I've had to spend some time making sure he's OK. It also took me an hour and a half to wash the puppies, so I just ran out of time....
Jo - you need a new spy NOW!! I am soo impatient. Should have driven down and watched....or entered my own dog I guess ........ :)

jo are you leaving home when they go through coat change?? it only just hit me you will have 4 :):) ;) :( .........one is killing me!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the breed starts with P I am sure there are tonnes of them!!! :rofl::(

i think you are going to develope a phobia of P breeds soon!

too late................................. :)

Yep thought it might be... :thumbsup:

hmmm I wonder how its all going!

sooner or later SOMEONE will have results LOL

if the breed starts with P I am sure there are tonnes of them!!! :rofl::(

i think you are going to develope a phobia of P breeds soon!

too late................................. :)

Yep thought it might be... :thumbsup:

hmmm I wonder how its all going!

Hold your horses they are still doing heats so not known yet who is in or out! Judges are Mr M LeCussan, Ms L, Buckley and a south Aussie judge which I did not catch the name of. Good luck to all competing.

This is a copy of my post from the Havanese thread earlier today.

When I went and watched Show Dog of Year about 3 years ago I didn't really pay much attention to the younger ones but I'm guessing that they use the same system as the older dogs. It goes something like this....

In NSW you must have been awarded baby, minor or puppy in group for the period 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 and be over 6 months and under 18 months of age as at the 23rd January, 2010.

There are 6 mystery Judges. 3 from NSW and 3 from Interstate. The dogs names are put into a hat, so to speak, drawn out and placed into groups. The judges are also split into groups and go over each dog within their group and give them votes as to which one they prefer within that group. Depending on how many votes a dog receives, decides whether you progress to the next round. This format is continued until there are 4 dogs remaining. Then all 6 Judges vote on which dog they prefer and the dogs are then placed 1-4.

So how does it work?

Are they judged in their breed or group??