Crate Training 2 Dogs At The Same Time

Hi all,

i Will be crate training my two dogs, 14 months and 5 years.

I plan to put the crates in the living area at the moment just for them to get used to their presence.

Does anyone have advice on how to teach them which crate is theirs and get the other to respect it or does it not matter?

Any advice appreciated.

PP

Mine basically don't care. When I'm using their soft travel crates in dog-friendly houses, they will often swap around.

At home, Rory has a big PP40 sort of crate beside my bed (left open now he's a big boy :D ). Kirra usually respects that, although every now and then she'll go in there just to nark him. :) They don't call them bitches for nothing. :D

It always fascinates me how dogs generalise the concept of crates, and will be quite happy to go in any sort of crate (sometimes not even belonging to their owner :rofl: ) . It does reinforce the thought that they see the crate as a nice den.

I trained my 2 at ages 2 and 4 - I did them separately using crate games - worked a gem. LOVE THIS DVD

I don't mind which one they go in as long as they go in at "time for bed". They usually happily trot in and lay down

Also fantastic with a storm phobic dog, just set it up in the living room and encourage dog in and cover up. Calms her heaps.