One Way Of Teaching Kids To Be Scared Of Dogs..

W Sibs

i feel bad for the kid... she never had a chance.

is this a face of a dog that can hurt someone?

4135735158_ec3a9ced27.jpg

It would sure make headlines if he did! Our family dog Buddy is a King Charles, I can't imagine anyone being afraid of him (except his smell when he finds a dead animal to roll in on my parent's property...whew, not nice).

Silly mother :laugh:

Should have let him loose after her and then told her it's funny to see her run like that :laugh:

Must have been what our d#@*head neighbours said to their daughter when she was younger.

When my BC pup was about 10weeks old the daughter walked past our driveway and Maddy bounded down our driveway to say hello (we grabbed Maddy before she left our property). This 15/16 yr old girl went screaming home. Maddy didn't get closer than 4/5 metres.

They reported her to the council and the ranger nearly killed himself laughing when the neighbours confirmed that yes the tiny pup was the culprit and yes she didn't leave our property!

Talk about overkill! My kids love dogs and when out walking I am always careful when we come across dogs even on lead. I immediately say dont pat the dog, we dont know him and you might scare him because I know their little hands will automatically shoot out for a pat. Ive had some people say to me that I am making them scared. How? I speak calmly and dont tell them the dog is going to chew their arm off. Im simply making them aware that you dont approach strange animals. I think because our dogs are so friendly and would love every child they saw on the street to pat them :laugh: , they assume every dog will enjoy being moddy coddled :laugh:

That poor kid will end up with a fear of dogs for sure.

I've had it go the other way- my dog has grown scared of children as when he was a pup he had kids come write up to his face and 'woof woof' at him. Now he thinks that when he sees a kid he should bark! Which is pretty scary for a kid- seeing as he is a big black 60 kilo Newf!! I am slowly trying to train him out of it but always encounter stupid parent who allow their kids to come running straight at him screaming and yelling at the 'big black bear.' I always get between him and the kids and try to explain to the parents as fast as I can that he is friendly, but is scared of kids and more often than not they don't call their kids back. On a couple of occasions he has playfully barked and wagged his tail and the parents give me absolute death stares. Well I told them!! Maybe they should take their kids to obedience training!!

People can say and do the most stupid things sometimes! Many years ago we had my sister-in-law visiting and at the time we had a large boofa. One of the kids was scared of our dog and the sister-in-law used him as a way to discpline the kid, saying things like: if you don't behave, I'll put you out with the dog! :laugh::love:

People can say and do the most stupid things sometimes! Many years ago we had my sister-in-law visiting and at the time we had a large boofa. One of the kids was scared of our dog and the sister-in-law used him as a way to discpline the kid, saying things like: if you don't behave, I'll put you out with the dog! :thumbsup::(

Unfortunately that's how some of my aunts discipline my younger cousin... they will threaten to take them to my dad's house if they are naughty. my younger cousins are scared of big dogs now.