Point Score

Max

This question may have been asked before, but I'm asking as I'm confused :rofl:

So the dog who claims the points for breed, can be the only one there and not beat anything and take the points of dogs that are entered and not shown??

Am I reading this right ??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the dog who claims the points for breed, can be the only one there and not beat anything and take the points of dogs that are entered and not shown??

Yes that is correct.

Correct...

Troy would have to rely on show secretaries reporting back with absentee numbers for every show, that's not going to happen and the amount of work it would generate for Troy and workers would be astronomical.

Edited by Aziah

Wow, I didn't know that.

So someone desperate to win a pointscore could enter a lot of their own dogs in a small show, and only turn up with the one they want to win?

Explains beautifully something odd I saw happen late last year that had me puzzled.

Wow, I didn't know that.

So someone desperate to win a pointscore could enter a lot of their own dogs in a small show, and only turn up with the one they want to win?

Explains beautifully something odd I saw happen late last year that had me puzzled.

Yep thats the one. :rofl::rofl:

Wow, I didn't know that.

Yep, corrent again...

If someone is THAT desperate then I say go for it :rofl:

MMMM that makes it hard then.. That would kinda be like dogs getting the CC points for dogs entered and not shown.. Don't think I would bother.. Does make that dog look like a big winner though..

Yes Diva seen that just the other day.. I wouldn't really feel like I had won anything though.. SO maybe just the dog that wins with out beating anything, but has a lot of absentee in the breed is not the big winner after all :rofl::rofl:

That's very possible Max...

I enter the pointscore for me, it's fun to enter results as we go and see how we end up :rofl:

Other people enter pointscores because for them, it's the be all and end all and they show week in/out and just HAVE to win.

Harder to now for the smaller states in the rising star category as the shows that have over 750 exhibits get double points.

With regard the other categories its interesting to note that some TRY to claim points that they were not entitled to.

I enter the pointscore for me, it's fun to enter results as we go and see how we end up :rofl:

Other people enter pointscores because for them, it's the be all and end all and they show week in/out and just HAVE to win.

I am like you Aziah and its great to see your dog in there. But for you at the mo on top. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :D

Only reason I know is because I am following the whities. :(:(

I am like you Aziah and its great to see your dog in there. But for you at the mo on top. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :D

Only reason I know is because I am following the whities. :(:(

Thats what Jess and Jacquie do. They enter the pointscore just for us and anything else is a bonus.

It is just one of the minor hiccups in this type of competition, people claim awards that their dogs DIDN"T win, but then it up to someone else to prove that they didn't. Like firestone said we only do the pointscore for our own benefit and we are pleased with how our lovely team is performing.

If the dog in question did not get a cc or class in group, would that not be easy to prove ? It should be all documented..

For the record I only enter the rising star not the breed or group.. So just trying to find out how these things work :rofl:

I enter the pointscore for me, it's fun to enter results as we go and see how we end up :(

I am like you Aziah and its great to see your dog in there. But for you at the mo on top. :rofl::rofl::rofl: :p ;) ;)

Only reason I know is because I am following the whities. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've just gone to check, my young boy is currently ranked #2 Rising Star for Pembrokes...oh but he is #1 NSW Working Dog (by the skin of his teeth) :rofl:

I enter the pointscore for me, it's fun to enter results as we go and see how we end up :)

I am like you Aziah and its great to see your dog in there. But for you at the mo on top. :rofl: :D :(:thumbsup::cheer: ;)

Only reason I know is because I am following the whities. ;) ;)

Thats what Jess and Jacquie do. They enter the pointscore just for us and anything else is a bonus.

:rofl:

I know I would only be entering for fun.. I rarely win LOL But its a fun weekend out.. The only thing that saddens me is when I do finally place or win people that win all the time can't except it and can be quite rude and make uncalled for comments.. I didn't make the decision the judge did lol..

At the end of the day I come how with my dogs and I love them all the same..

Max with that attitude it sounds as if you can take or leave the pointscore anyway. enter it for the fun of seeing how many points your dog is on and that is all. it is hard to compare at times anyway because all the states have such a varience in numbers.

What I mean is I have a young dog one that has just returned form injury (she did get breed Tue, which was nice) and a new dog that at the moment is outta shape and coat.. I have a 10 month old Daughter and I'm no spring chicken LOL.. So I have pretty much just started out again in the show ring after the death of my husband 5 years ago and a baby, my dogs that would have done well in the point score are old or retired.. I feel like a newbie again and the point score is sort of new with all the changes..