Point Score

Max

I like the double points for rising star, makes it fairer for those who always have competition - as apposed to those with small shows who often get a class in group as they are the only one.

I still think dogs entered is not good enough - as some people enter more dogs then they actually show on purpose.

Perhaps it could be done on CC points?

I would also like it limited to say, your first best shows per month or something like that.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harder to now for the smaller states in the rising star category as the shows that have over 750 exhibits get double points.

:rofl: Agree 100% :rofl: Also makes it harder for us who live in the middle of nowhere - if we wanted a show where there's those kind of number we'd have to travel minimum 6hr round trip.

Similar lines to what Sway's saying; I'd like to see the results come from your best 4 shows for the month - again to make it fairer on those in places where there just isn't the amount of shows as those in the capital cities.

Yes, there was the breed late last year where the one person had 19 dogs entered and 17 were absent :rofl: Still didn't win the pointscore :thumbsup::thumbsup: :D

I won't be entering the rising star this year as with double points we woudn't have a hope in hell. Last year, even though we didn't have big shows, my boy never had a gimme, only had less than half the amount of shows of his litter mates and was still up there with them. Not a bad effort at all! But pointless this year.

Yes, there was the breed late last year where the one person had 19 dogs entered and 17 were absent :rofl: Still didn't win the pointscore :thumbsup: :D :rofl:

I won't be entering the rising star this year as with double points we woudn't have a hope in hell. Last year, even though we didn't have big shows, my boy never had a gimme, only had less than half the amount of shows of his litter mates and was still up there with them. Not a bad effort at all! But pointless this year.

I have to agree the double points are going to knock our dogs out as we usually stay in our area which doesn't get entries which would give us double points,some dogs could score double points for the breed (rising star) and be the only one entered of their breed! :thumbsup:

I lke the idea of your 4 best shows in a month too...

I also think the double points for bigger shows is a good one, makes sense because those who enter the bigger shows with competition benefit... I suppose it doesn't really matter too mcuh for me anyway, I am not exactly a contender against the big winners and I just like seeing where I sit.

I like the double points for big shows as it does reflect a good win if you've got lots of competition. It also means it's great for someone like me who can only show maybe twice a month (sometimes 3 if I really push it with the husband! :D ) .. means it's showing quality wins rather than quantity a lot of the time. Also happy with this system as for the first time ever I'm doing really well with my 7 month old boy (first home bred baby) who's currently leading Rising Star in our breed :thumbsup: Biased I guess ... but definitely not complaining! :thumbsup:

Copied from instructions for rising star.

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy in Show - (50 points)

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy in Group - (20 points)

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy of Breed - (5 points)

So regardless how many are in breed, group or show, thats the total number of points and then that is doubled for over 750.

Its only the rising star that is doubled.

All the rest are based on dogalogue entries.

So having 17 dogs entered and only take 1 one gives you a 6 point challenge but a 17 BOB score. Roughly entry $10 so $170 to get 17 points. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also love the Pointscore competition!

It is absolutely a lot of fun to do and to see how well your dog fares against many others around Australia!

My little Clancy was tied #1 for Best of Breed Competition along with Aust Gr Ch Supacharm So This Is It, and this week I'm now down to 3rd place! It was a moment that made me so proud of my little boy, even though it was for a mere 2 weeks :thumbsup:!

But my Min Pin Clancy is currently as of today is #1 Rising Star for Miniature Pinscher and #6 Rising Star for Toy Group in Victoria! :thumbsup:

I always enjoy putting in results and also watching how the other Min Pins do and also seeing how they did to get their points, whether it's BOB or in breed/in groups! I'd often stalk the page to see any Min pins results in Victoria and see who has BoB/RUBoB from the shows! lol

Regardless of where Clancy placed at the end of the competition, I can walk alway knowing that we're a great team and enjoy going to the shows and enjoy the thrill of the competition with confidence!

I think the competition is a great reward system in a sense to reward your dog and yourself based on their performance at the show :D

I like the double points for rising star, makes it fairer for those who always have competition - as apposed to those with small shows who often get a class in group as they are the only one.

Come live in WA ,it will be 3 months before we have a show with double points :thumbsup:

I think Vic has had well over 6 so far for Jan

Come live in WA ,it will be 3 months before we have a show with double points :angel:

I think Vic has had well over 6 so far for Jan

come live in Tassie we don't have any with near that number

Most people who are into their breed know who the best dog of the breed is in the country, we don't need the point score comp to tell us that. Its still good fun to enter and get points, if you don't like the rules you shouldn't enter

I like the idea of limiting the number of shows.... as someone suggested maybe the best 4 per month.

As one who has participated and done well in the pointscores - #1 Cavalier KCS 2009 (Breed Pointscore),

I have decided not to this year as it comes down to having to attend too many shows to truely be

competitive. Yes, many do it just for fun but there are those that are defintely "playing for sheepstations" :-)

cheers

I won't enter this year - I don't show the same dog all the time so there is no point.

I think the dbl points should apply for the class in groups/shows but not breed - some got 60 points for the 3 shows a couple of weeks ago and they were the only one in that class for the breed. 60 points for beating nothing - now thats not fair to the smaller states. :hug:

I won't enter this year - I don't show the same dog all the time so there is no point.

I think the dbl points should apply for the class in groups/shows but not breed - some got 60 points for the 3 shows a couple of weeks ago and they were the only one in that class for the breed. 60 points for beating nothing - now thats not fair to the smaller states. :hug:

That is exactly what I meant sure leave it at group & in show. :hug:

re 'double points' ..... if you're in Tas, WA , NT for example then you're all in the same boat so to speak.... you can

still be very competitive in the "State" section of the Pointscores.

Yes you may well be.....

I had a bitch win the breed rising star pointscore nationally last year, despite only attending shows in Tasmania and a couple on the mainland. If she was eligible for the full year this year she wouldn't have a chance. Mind you the couple of times where she was exhibited on the mainland she did very well. And 9 times out of 10 when being exhibited she was against her brother (who finished 2nd nationally) and sometimes older animals who are very competitive across all states.

re 'double points' ..... if you're in Tas, WA , NT for example then you're all in the same boat so to speak.... you can

still be very competitive in the "State" section of the Pointscores.

For WA from jan/mar we have 13 shows :thumbsup:

5 over 750

Vic has 40 shows in the same period :thumbsup: & the number over 750 would be very high

Even if you travel east only 4 shows count.

I now there will never be the perfect point score but it is nice to think nationally not just state .

But the most important thing is we have the choice whether to enter or not.

Funny thing is if you dont enter people talk if you do enter & dont do well people talk.

Its being promoted as a point score of merit & used in advertising so i guess it would be nice to just stick to fair for all.

I will add in the past i have had the top breed nationally & 2/3 placings for a number of years