Running In The Rain

macaroni

Hey guys,

My lab loves the rain, he just bolts around the yard jumping around and all that lol, sometimes he would even just sit out in the rain with a big silly grin on his face. When I see him out in the rain, I always get him back inside so that he doesn't get too wet and get sick.

The problem is, there's no one home during the day to take him inside since my dad went overseas for a bit and I'm just worried since it's going to be raining for the next few days, he'll be out in the rain all day and possibly get sick?

I read that labs have a waterproof coat but I don't think that's good enough to prevent him from getting sick due to being soaked.

He has access to sheltered areas but we can't keep him inside alone.

Does anyone have a solution?

Cheers!

Is it going to be cold where you are?

Being wet can make you sick if you get a chill - but if it's warm summer rain it shouldn't be a problem :hug:

My dog loves running around in the rain too :hug: but then she has a much heavier coat than a lab.

My boy loves water, rain and mud ... it is guaranteed that if it isn't raining he will make his own mud by spreading the water from his water bowl.

Basically every time I have gone outside in the last 2 days … both dogs have been covered from head to toe in mud or soaking wet.