Which Car?

Tiggy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya

For those in WA - let me know if you need help buying a car - I work for AHG and can get quotes from all dealers (makes and models) and Im more than happy to ensure you are being looked after!

Personally I work in a Holden yard and the Commodore wagons are really good :o - We have some in stock and are more than happy to "test" with your crates, etc to ensure you are happy :vomit: I know they are smaller than the older models, but they still hold a lot of stuff :rofl: We have a new Captiva that has come out (4cyl, man and auto for approx $30g - same sort of size as an xtrail or tucson - Captiva 5) they are really good cars size wise ;) 5 seaters with flat folding seats :rofl:

Alternatively, I love the Suzuki Grand Vitaras personally - great to drive and my two standards fit in the back perfectly with loads of room, along with a car seat and a 7 year old :rofl:

Let me know if anyone needs any measurements or info on any cars - Im actually a full bottle on cars, rather than dogs LOL :rofl:

TJ

*****Puts hand up*******

I am going to be looking for a Commodore wagon in around 6 or so months. Not a new one though! :eek:

I have just bought myself a 05 VZ wagon and it is fantastic. Tows the dog trailer really well.

I also have a triton dual cab with canopy which is great if I am camping at dog shows etc for the extra room but is to big just to drive around town/shopping etc. I use the triton when I take the dogs down the river as I don't want wet dogs in my new car :o

Leanne

So I am tossing up between a HiLux or a Navara, and am leaning more towards the Hilux at the moment. As far as I know (which is very little) diesel drink less than petrol, so am hoping to get diesel. Then I can put the boys in crates in the back, and no hair, muddy paws or doggy smell throughout the rest of the car :o

Our work has Hilux but petrol - terrible on fuel, very very thirsty.

I want a Triton dual cab 4x2, auto in diesel - so hard to find :vomit: My husband's business have 2 but in 4x4 - very good on fuel and the added security of 5yr warranty :rofl:

Another vote for the X-Trail :laugh:

Love the false floor and storage drawer for all the leads. Heaps of room, floor folds completely flat and my Newfies and Pei all fit in :laugh:

Large crate fits in easily for when doing rescue transports and still room for another dog in the back as well :)

Edited by Sue & crew

I want one of these.

MITS2399.jpg

Me too!! But as they are new we couldn't afford the one I want........7 seats with leather (to limit the dog hair seatcover factor :laugh: ). We just bought a Volvo XC90 yesterday. Big enough to carry kids and 3 large dogs when needed, with the bonus of 7 seats when needed....and leather!! It's not new, but I love it!!

Edited by K9Kath

Another vote for the X-Trail :laugh:

Love the false floor and storage drawer for all the leads. Heaps of room, floor folds completely flat and my Newfies and Pei all fit in :(

Large crate fits in easily for when doing rescue transports and still room for another dog in the back as well :)

Hmm am looking into an X-trail now too :) Would they fit two roughly 107cm crates??

If they do, now I'm going to have to decide between a Navara, Hilux or X-Trail :D

Me too!! But as they are new we couldn't afford the one I want........7 seats with leather (to limit the dog hair seatcover factor :) ). We just bought a Volvo XC90 yesterday. Big enough to carry kids and 3 large dogs when needed, with the bonus of 7 seats when needed....and leather!! It's not new, but I love it!!

The XC90's are great cars. I'll be waiting a few years for a second hand Challenger. Hopefully I"ll get one that's never left bitumen. :laugh:

Edited by poodlefan

Hi, I have a Subaru Forester and it is perfect for my two dogs (dobermanxkelpie and dobermanxrottie). I also have the cage separating the back where they are from the back seats. My windows are tinted as well and having the air con certainly helps.

Hope this helps.

We've just done the whole car yard shopping bit for a new car. Fun car only no dogs.

I was informed though of what might be a very good doggie/ towing car available shortly. Ford are about to finally make the Territory available in a turbo diesel. It's also being upgrade to a five star safety rating. I think they were talking about a 2.5 or 3L diesel. It's supposed to be in line with Fords new big push to make eco friendly cars, so it should be a fuel miser as well. The sales guy said it should be available in the next month or so.

Something to think about if your after a bigger car in the near future?

I asked the local Ford dealer and he told me at least 12 months for the diesel Territory to come :( I'll call HQ and ask I think. Edited to update - Ford customer service say not until mid 2011. Damn.

Agree it would be a good option - I'm looking for a big dog car.

The Territories already have a 5 star safety rating.

Edited by Diva

Ive got a Nissan Patrol. They are really big and roomy, plenty of room for my two Toys and Standard poo and Smithy. Not sure if you want something that big tho (didnt read the whole thread), they can be real buggers to maneuvre in carparks and mine has a really wide turning circle so not the easiest truck to drive. Tough as nails tho and great for the dogs. :laugh:

Holden Captivas come standard with a V6 Petrol or a Turbo Diesel -for the last few months the Captivas have outsold the Territories and its my belief its because of the diesel issue :eek:

I agree. Unfortunatey I've discovered that the Captiva Diesel is about 8 cms too short to easily take my dog crate :crossfingers:

I love my 6 speed mannual, GXL turbo diesel Toyota Prado :crossfingers:

long range tanks (180 ltrs) extremely good fuel economy, reliable and heaps of room, its an 8 seater but we rarely have the far back set of seats in,

and when I just take one or two dogs I fold the middle seats up and can still fit jumbo crate

and jumbo trolley plus gooming box, suitcase etc,

and they have a large area to stretch out in and lay down.

and I have a large four berth trailer and when fully loaded it weighs around 600 + kg ?? there abouts, and the Prado tows it like its nothing, and the fuel economy doesnt change,

its almost 2.5 years old now and has nearly 100,000 kms on it, so for a diesel thats just run in , lol :eek:

Edited by Libertybrook