Who Is Champet.com.au

MolassesLass

You could try bluffing and quoting this at them in an email:

Unsubscribe

Finally, all commercial electronic messages must contain an unsubscribe facility. This means there must be instructions on how you can opt-out of receiving messages. Whatever consent you may have given to receiving commercial electronic messages, you can withdraw it if you no longer wish to receive those messages. You should always use the same email address to unsubscribe as that used to subscribe.

A message sender has five working days to act on unsubscribe requests, and they will often be dealt with more quickly.

If a message does not contain an easy to use unsubscribe facility, the message should be reported to the ACMA.

Understanding and using an unsubscribe facility

Some examples of unsubscribe facilities include:

* A sentence at the bottom of an email advising ‘to unsubscribe, reply to this email with unsubscribe in the subject line’ or ‘to unsubscribe, click on this web address and enter your email address’

* A notification in a text message to reply ‘stop’ to opt-out or ‘unsub’;

* A notification to ‘change your preferences’ in your account to opt out of receiving commercial messages.

Important note: The unsubscribe facility should only be used if the message sender is known to you and you have established that the message is legitimate. If you have any doubt or are unsure about the message, delete it without replying or unsubscribing.

All commercial electronic messages must contain notification of how to unsubscribe from receiving further messages. If you receive a commercial electronic message that does not contain notification of how to unsubscribe, or continue to receive messages from a sender you have previously unsubscribed from, lodge a complaint with the ACMA.

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_310525

Or try reporting them --> http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_311464

Probably be easier to add the address the "newsletters" are coming from to your block/spam list though.

Edit: for words and stuff.

Edited by blissirritated

Well it does have a link - it's just obviously ignored. And unfortunately my breeder email is in a very old program that knows nothing of this "blocking" you speak of.

Reporting them sounds like fun though.

That's what I do when spammers really piss me off, along with emailing them to tell them that I have reported them to ACMA. If nothing else, it satisfies anger at their spamming :laugh:

Although with these guys, since there is a phone number available, I would probably pay for the phone call just so I could tell them in person that they have been reported :laugh:

I have no idea how effective reporting to ACMA really is, but it's just nice to put the wind up the spammers for a change (or to at least think that I have put the wind up them)!

I've been getting emails from the too which have been really annoying me so today I used the "remove from list option" and five minutes later I get another email! :laugh:

So I did same again to remove them. Hopefully this time it worked.

It seems like such a co-incidence that you posted about it today. :laugh: