New Championship Title For Neutered Dogs

capanash

New Championship Title for Neutered Dogs

As resolved at the October 2009 ANKC Conference, a new Championship Title for Neutered Dogs will be implemented from 1 July 2010 and will be designated “Neutered Champion”.

The requirements for this new Title will be in accordance with the approved amended Regulations Part 2 Sections 3 and 7 as noted below:

Amended Clause 3.2:

3.2 Classes 15,16, 17 & 18 shall be ineligible to compete against entire exhibits for Challenge or Best of Breed awards.

New Clause 7.5 – Neuter Certificates

7.5.1 Where a Neuter Certificate winner is found to be ineligible for the award; the Reserve winner shall be awarded the Certificate and points, less one for the ineligible exhibit.

7.5.2 No Neuter Certificate shall be issued at Shows unless the Overseas Judge has been approved by the ANKC.

New Clause 7.7 - Neuter Championship Points System

The owner of a neutered dog registered with the ANKC which:

(a) wins not fewer than four Neuter Certificates/Best Neuter of Breed Certificates under not fewer than four different Judges at four different exhibitions; and

(b) gains a total of 100 points, of which twenty five (25) of these points are gained after the age of twelve (12) months; may apply for such dog to be known as a Neutered Champion.

Points shall be allotted for exhibits six (6) months of age and over exhibited in a Neuter Class as follows:

(a) Neuter Certificate winner – Dogs:

Five (5) points plus one (1) point for each Neutered dog of the breed exhibited at the fixture.

(b) Neuter Certificate winner – Bitches:

Five (5) points plus one (1) point for each Neutered bitch of the breed exhibited at the fixture.

© Best Neuter of Breed Certificate winner

Five (5) points plus one (1) point for each Neutered dog and bitch of the breed exhibited at the fixture.

The points awarded under (a), (b) and ©, above shall not accumulate and shall, in no case, exceed twenty-five (25) points at any one Show.

Only points accrued as a Neutered dog will be accepted towards the Neutered Champion title.

A dog who has gained the title of Champion or Grand Champion prior to being entered on the ANKC Main register as Neutered, shall retain such titles in addition to Neutered Champion. These titles shall have precedence and shall appear in front of the Neutered Champion title in the dogs registered name.

The title of Neutered Champion shall fulfill the Conformation Title requirements for Dual and Triple Championships.

5 year moratorium imposed on any changes to the Neutered Championship Points System.

Tracey Barry

ANKC Administrator

February 2010

Edited by capanash

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the "guts" of it is that it is the same as an entire Championship title but Neuters will only compete against neuters.

SO...the clarification needs to be in the actual show classes themselves. If a club offers a Neuter class, does the winner of the class "automatically" receive the Neuter Certificate with the 2nd place winner getting the Reserve? Or are they going to change it and offer age classes within the Neuter system as they do in the cat/horse worlds?

Not that I have anything that I would be able to show, but you never know what the future might bring so somebody has to ask the dumb questions now! :laugh:

So the "guts" of it is that it is the same as an entire Championship title but Neuters will only compete against neuters.

SO...the clarification needs to be in the actual show classes themselves. If a club offers a Neuter class, does the winner of the class "automatically" receive the Neuter Certificate with the 2nd place winner getting the Reserve? Or are they going to change it and offer age classes within the Neuter system as they do in the cat/horse worlds?

Not that I have anything that I would be able to show, but you never know what the future might bring so somebody has to ask the dumb questions now! :laugh:

There is already classes 15, 16, 17 and 18 for Neuter, the clubs in the NT offer 18 only as we don't have the number of exhibits to warrant the age specific classes.

So it will be no different to Classes 4, 5, 10 and 11 competing against each other for challenge for example.

Winner in classes 15, 16, 17 and 18 compete against each other for neuter challenge and reserve challenge. So if only class 18 is offered then the first place getter in that class is 1st and Challenge, same as all automatic wins.

If you look on the Show regulations page in VicDog, (pge14 Jan 2010) they have a list of classes.

15-Puppy Neuter

16-junior Neuter

17-intermediate Neuter

18-Open Neuter

I wish they brought this in many years ago, I would of desexed one of our girls then.

I hope the Canine Councils will have certificates printed so clubs can hand them out.

I know they don't have a certificate for Class 9-State Bred as our breed club offers it & it usually atracts a few entries.

BB

If you look on the Show regulations page in VicDog, (pge14 Jan 2010) they have a list of classes.

15-Puppy Neuter

16-junior Neuter

17-intermediate Neuter

18-Open Neuter

I wish they brought this in many years ago, I would of desexed one of our girls then.

I hope the Canine Councils will have certificates printed so clubs can hand them out.

I know they don't have a certificate for Class 9-State Bred as our breed club offers it & it usually atracts a few entries.

BB

We don't get certificates for winning classes??? Just Challenge and Best of Breed, so I expect we will only get the Neuter Challenge Certificate and Best of Breed Neuter Certificate not for each class.

We only ever have class 18 and 18A here so I guess that will need to be clarified nationally and applied fairly in all states.

The classes have always been there, since they first implemented the Neuter class, it's optional as with many classes that are available. Things like Limit are very rarely used in the NT but they are still a class that can be offered.

It's not a matter of applying fairly it's a matter of clubs deciding what they want to offer.

As I said, NT clubs only offer Class 18

I wonder how long it will take the complaints to start when the titled dogs are entered

ohoh

"Well they enter their Grand Champion, what chance does my poor Neutered dog have?? They know all the judges anyway."

My little Grd Ch Puglet will be getting out there. We also have a couple of others that were neutered unfortunately that will be getting a run around :laugh:

I think it is fantastic! I bet every breeder has a special puppy or two out there in a pet home for various reasons that is now neutered.

It presents a great opportunity to get new blood into the dieing (literally) world of dog showing.

I'm pushing to have a neuter class at the Vic Poodle club National (for the 1st time ever). So that will mean people can actually get points for their neuter title.

*** One thing to note is that the dog MUST be on MAIN REGISTER and be registered as a NEUTER... you can't just show a desexed dog as a neuter

I think that now they are offering this title they need to make at least one neuter class mandatory at all Championship shows.

Which is exactly what I had in mind when I said it needed to be adopted fairly in all states. :laugh:

I don't have anything which qualifies now, but that's not to say that I won't in the future.

Unfortunately, the Neuter classes as offered now are rarely contested, but perhaps if there is a title in the offing, it may give some incentive. :laugh: