New Championship Title For Neutered Dogs

capanash

Out of interest just looked up costs:

Reprint Fee (errors, neutered reg) $14.50 *** assume this means i tell them that the dog is neutered and they tick a box on the pedigree then reprint

Transfer Main/Limited Register Member or Transfer between Registers $28.10

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest just looked up costs:

Reprint Fee (errors, neutered reg) $14.50 *** assume this means i tell them that the dog is neutered and they tick a box on the pedigree then reprint

Transfer Main/Limited Register Member or Transfer between Registers $28.10

You don't HAVE to get a reprint. As long as it's changed in the database you can exhibit as a Neuter.

I'm undecided about how good this will be ......

Theoretically you could end up with lots of retired showdogs (desexed for whatever reason) now competing again...these could

be stunning examples, big winners etc etc .... how is that going to encourage "new" people' ??

I'm certainly not against this .... and it will be interesting to see what sort of support it gets via show entries.

I wonder how long it will take the complaints to start when the titled dogs are entered

ohoh

"Well they enter their Grand Champion, what chance does my poor Neutered dog have?? They know all the judges anyway."

My little Grd Ch Puglet will be getting out there. We also have a couple of others that were neutered unfortunately that will be getting a run around :o

hehehe - I'm very excited about the title - I can finally get my 'nonut' boy out there in the ring :D. He'll love it!

ETA - I think it's great that you can pull out your de-sexed Ch and Gr Ch for the title. Makes it more meaningful when you do attain the Neuter Ch title. After all they still *should* be a great example of the breed.. desexed or not :(

Now I just hope that breed clubs will hold it so that I can enter :offtopic:

Edited by leopuppy04

Theoretically you could end up with lots of retired showdogs (desexed for whatever reason) now competing again...these could

be stunning examples, big winners etc etc .... how is that going to encourage "new" people' ??

I'm certainly not against this .... and it will be interesting to see what sort of support it gets via show entries.

That's what I was thinking too.

I know I'll bring my older girl back out just for that title. She may as well add that to her list of achievements.

Most of the people who I've talked to so far aren't going to bring out their "pets" so to speak, it will be their best that have retired due to things like pyo etc.

I can't see it encouraging new people, as they will still need a main register dog or bitch. I think we'll see a lot of good dogs, that usually come for the ride each week and loved showing but until now couldn't unless neuter was offered.

I know I'll bring my older girl back out just for that title. She may as well add that to her list of achievements.

Most of the people who I've talked to so far aren't going to bring out their "pets" so to speak, it will be their best that have retired due to things like pyo etc.

I can't see it encouraging new people, as they will still need a main register dog or bitch. I think we'll see a lot of good dogs, that usually come for the ride each week and loved showing but until now couldn't unless neuter was offered.

I still think it could encourage new people though if they have an interest in showing but perhaps don't want to have the extra effort of an entire animal. For example, the boy that I'm going to enter was neutered at a young age due to being cryptorchid. He is still the best dog in my backyard, from a breed standard point of view and I honestly can't wait to have him out.

As a breeder, I still would rather sell a nice dog (show wise) on a limit/ desexing contract to the 'right' home if it comes along, even if that does mean it gets desexed. This way, like one of my current puppy buyers, they can desex their pets (preferred option) but still have fun with their dog and experience the show ring (which is something they expressed an interest in).

Can't wait to see how it all pans out! Lets hope it encourages more people to join the showing world :offtopic:

I've been showing Jedi in neutered class whenever it has come up (there's 2-3 shows in Sydney every year with a neutered class). He LOVES it! I am really excited about this title but if there's only 2-3 shows per year it'd take FOREVER to get the title... I hope they make it mandatory!

From a performance person who doesn't like having a bitch in season so would only ever have desexed bitches I can see it having merit. Neither of mine would be eligible (one is an associate, the other on limit) but I do hope it takes off as a concept as I think it has a lot of potential for a variety of reasons most which have already been mentioned.

I've been showing Jedi in neutered class whenever it has come up (there's 2-3 shows in Sydney every year with a neutered class). He LOVES it! I am really excited about this title but if there's only 2-3 shows per year it'd take FOREVER to get the title... I hope they make it mandatory!

We never get any in Vic TN unless it's held at a specialty breed show :offtopic:

I think that most breed clubs will offer the class initially - lets just hope it's well supported because if not, they won't continue to offer the class!

I still think it could encourage new people though if they have an interest in showing but perhaps don't want to have the extra effort of an entire animal. For example, the boy that I'm going to enter was neutered at a young age due to being cryptorchid. He is still the best dog in my backyard, from a breed standard point of view and I honestly can't wait to have him out.

As a breeder, I still would rather sell a nice dog (show wise) on a limit/ desexing contract to the 'right' home if it comes along, even if that does mean it gets desexed. This way, like one of my current puppy buyers, they can desex their pets (preferred option) but still have fun with their dog and experience the show ring (which is something they expressed an interest in).

Can't wait to see how it all pans out! Lets hope it encourages more people to join the showing world :offtopic:

At the very least it gives breeders AND newbies the option to try showing before either has to commit to selling or owning an entire animal. And if the dog is a male, it can always be collected before neutering.

I am so excited now LOL. Even though I don't have any eligible dogs but it certainly gives me more options (ie: I could neuter Caber and keep a male pup from my litter, or desex said male pup when mature & before the trouble period).

Definitely a great option also for those with performance dogs (as Ness said).

I do wonder though if it should be changed from 6 months to 12 months for eligibility, to put less pressure on people to desex at 6 months.

TBH - I don't think it puts pressure on people to de-sex by 6mths because what's to say you don't just keep them entire and show them 'normally' until then. I think it should be kept at 6mths so the 'pet owners' can desex before maturity/ seasons and all of that which they may not want to be involved with

TBH - I don't think it puts pressure on people to de-sex by 6mths because what's to say you don't just keep them entire and show them 'normally' until then. I think it should be kept at 6mths so the 'pet owners' can desex before maturity/ seasons and all of that which they may not want to be involved with

I would be very hesitant to allow one of my pups to be shown if neutered at a young age (I consider 6 months still very young, and if desexed at that age, you wont get the correct head shape for one thing), and if that was the case- the dog would still have to be registered on the normal Main Register. Which some breeders are uncomfortable doing. I dunno. Just thinking out loud. My suggestion doesn't work anyway (even with a 12 month rule for Neuter Champ. the pup would want some exposure to the ring beforehand and so needs to be on regular Main anyway :offtopic: ) So ignore me.

I would be very hesitant to allow one of my pups to be shown if neutered at a young age (I consider 6 months still very young, and if desexed at that age, you wont get the correct head shape for one thing), and if that was the case- the dog would still have to be registered on the normal Main Register. Which some breeders are uncomfortable doing. I dunno. Just thinking out loud. My suggestion doesn't work anyway (even with a 12 month rule for Neuter Champ. the pup would want some exposure to the ring beforehand and so needs to be on regular Main anyway :offtopic: ) So ignore me.

LOL - yes that is true. Although I guess I'm paranoid about people having their dogs entire for that little bit longer and then havving their Fido 'get out' and breeding with flossie next door :D. :o either way it's a good idea. I know I have one of my pups now on limit, but she's been kept entire a little longer as they want to do performance with her. in the end it all comes down to trust doesn't it?!

But could you not place the pet pup on limited register initially with an option to move them to main register at a later age - if you deemed them at 12 or 16 months or whatever you desired to be show quality but on provision of a desexing certificate.

ETA. Kenzie is on limit register but being a performance person and after careful consideration she had 1 season and wasn't desexed until she was 13 months and I would have ideally left it longer but she was showing signs of possibly gearing up for her second season so decided against that.

Edited by ness

But could you not place the pet pup on limited register initially with an option to move them to main register at a later age - if you deemed them at 12 or 16 months or whatever you desired to be show quality but on provision of a desexing certificate.

yes this is correct.... those of us that do not desex early can still Limit Register.... and then later on once desexed and if the breeder

agrees the dog/bitch can be transferred to the Main Register as a neuter.