Help! Rocko Just Broke His Dew Claw,vet Now Or Will In The Moning

Cazstaff

My poor big boy got over enthusiastic with his zoomies just now and broke his dew claw :) The whole toe bit seems to be sticking out...not just the nail.

P1020558.jpg

I dont know what to do with it? I think it has finally stopped bleeding. Should I call the vet or can it wait till morning? He wont let me touch it to clean it up at all. Rocko is a 67kg Dane X Mastiff so if he doesnt want me near it he has the last word unfortunately :eek:

Thats my beautiful big Rocko...he's the love of my life...I hate seing him hurt :laugh::)

P1020026.jpg

Can you pull it off or cut it yourself? That will be what the vet will most likely do and then bandage it and put him on a course of antibiotics.

Keep him confined till the morning when a vet visit might be needed. If he wont let anyone touch it they might have to sedate him so best not to give him any food tonight or in the morning.

Thankyou so much poodlefan and puggy-puggy, I will wait till morning to take him to the vet.

He wont let me touch it so cutting it off isnt an option.

He seems to have licked it clean and is settled on the lounge.

Thanks again ladies, I haven't had this happen before.

This just happened to my boy, he's 43kg and also has the last word. :confused:

We took him to the vet and thery cut it, then he somehow tore the rest off (or it fell off) and now he's been bandaged up and on antibitotics. It's really painful for them the poor buggers, good luck at the vet!