Has Anyone Ever Boarded Their Pets At This Place In Sa?

julesluvscavs

Amazing, very impressive,

I just wonder how they clean it between each dog, no hosing that lot out, major hand disinfecting job.

Also if the dog destroys the decor or furniture are they billed for it.

The sofa & tiger rug look like a big chew temptation.

It all looks gorgeous though. So much nicer than a concrete run with a kennel in it. Worth the money, prices are quite good.

They've got webcams but none available from their website.

Their website is very poor quality and they use popups which get blocked by most browsers these days. I don't know why they'd go ahead with newpaper publicity when their website isn't ready.

Does not compute.

I'd get the basic website up and working properly and I'd get at least one public webcam working - even if it's only on their own dog.

And I'd like to know what they do on extreme (or worse) fire days. That is the number one reason I don't want to board my dog in the Adelaide Hills in summer / fire season. Same problem as that place near Canberra - all those dogs burned. Sad, very sad.

And I'd second about the hygeine - just like a motel, sharing a bed that another human has used is one thing but a dog? I suppose all dogs get bathed - but mine likes to find smelly things on long walks in the country and roll - yuk.

I visited there once, they had different pens depending on the price you wanted to pay. Seemed very clean to me but then when I went there weren't many dogs there & yes I think it would take a while to clean out the top priced rooms because it's not like you can just hose them down :laugh:

They had basic outdoor concrete/mesh pens, half sheltered & half open (i'm guessing these would have been cheapest) then a large shed with alot of indoor pens which I'm guessing would have been the next step up & then 2 luxury rooms, english themed & egyptian themed with plasmas (not sure why the dogs would use these) plus a balinese rub lounge, which was just another rooom with a couch. The furniture looked expensive but not very comfortable, & i'm sure it would have been quite pricey. I think you can also pay extra for how much time your dog gets spent with it each day.

Yes I would have to agree, I wouldn't like to board my dogs in the hills, but this place seemed okay to me. If I go away, I pay my friends look after mine & I am also a house/pet sitter so if anyone I know goes away I normally do it for them too.

Wow, certainly looks like they have thought of everything!

We actually tried to book in recently when we were in the process of moving house, but they were all full up. As this place is more or less up the road from us now, I too would love to hear from any others who have boarded their dogs there ;)

There was an article in the Sunday Mail a couple of weeks back. The rooms looked pretty swish but they said they feed toast or Nutrigrain for breakfast and casserole for tea along with a few other snacks per day ;) Put me off a bit...

OT but there is a letter in todays Sunday Mail (pg70) asking readers to compare the lavish pics at the Pet Resort to the shocking conditions of puppy farms and remember that not all dogs are so lucky.

ETA: just had a look at the links. The Adelaide now link is te same write up as was in the Sunday mail. This is the part I was referring to:

"We have a lot of dogs that come and have toast and Vegemite or toast and butter, but some won't allow butter because it's too fattening.

"We do eggs and milk or Nutrigrain and milk for breakfast, then a morning snack of milk, coffee and biscuits, and a hot lunch, afternoon snacks and a casserole in the evening." Yes - she did say coffee.

Hmm, not sure I'd be letting my dog eat that... I wonder if they allow you to provide your own food? And how would one go about eating a chicken frame on the tiger-skin rug? ;)

Edited by SecretKei

There was an article in the Sunday Mail a couple of weeks back. The rooms looked pretty swish but they said they feed toast or Nutrigrain for breakfast and casserole for tea along with a few other snacks per day :) Put me off a bit...

OT but there is a letter in todays Sunday Mail (pg70) asking readers to compare the lavish pics at the Pet Resort to the shocking conditions of puppy farms and remember that not all dogs are so lucky.

ETA: just had a look at the links. The Adelaide now link is te same write up as was in the Sunday mail. This is the part I was referring to:

"We have a lot of dogs that come and have toast and Vegemite or toast and butter, but some won't allow butter because it's too fattening.

"We do eggs and milk or Nutrigrain and milk for breakfast, then a morning snack of milk, coffee and biscuits, and a hot lunch, afternoon snacks and a casserole in the evening." Yes - she did say coffee.

Hmm, not sure I'd be letting my dog eat that... I wonder if they allow you to provide your own food? And how would one go about eating a chicken frame on the tiger-skin rug? ;)

I wondered about this apparent 'diet' to - my dog does not get things like egg, milk, etc (was on the no go list from the vet). She gets normal food and seriously she is happy with that (given the choice between human treat and dog treat the dog treat wins every time). Rather than encourage that would put me off using the place so not sure why that was used in their advertising blurb in the paper.

I got the impression that these things were not their normal diet, but that they would feed those things if the owner specified that the dog liked them and was used to having them at home.

Their way of saying that they would go above and beyond.

I got the impression that these things were not their normal diet, but that they would feed those things if the owner specified that the dog liked them and was used to having them at home.

Their way of saying that they would go above and beyond.

Yeah thats how I understood it as well :(

I have spoilt mine with a few extra special foods on some occassions eg toast :banghead:

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

Re the fires, yes that is defiantly a worry! Not sure what emergency plans they have in those situations? I would be asking if I was to book my dogs in there.

However we used to live in Nairne (for a few years), and I only ever encountered one fire, and that was a house around the corner from us. A truck driver went to sleep while smoking (so the story from the locals go) . The house fully burnt down with it's owner inside :laugh: