Tumbarumba March 20th And 21st

Rebanne

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez I sure messed that up, OK toys Peke both days Terrier SBT both days,Gundogs Pointer sat Springer sun, Hounds Borzoi both days,Workers Cattle dog sat,Aussie Shep sun, Utility Dobe both days Non Sport Std Poodle sat, Dalmatian sun

Geez I sure messed that up, OK toys Peke both days Terrier SBT both days,Gundogs Pointer sat Springer sun, Hounds Borzoi both days,Workers Cattle dog sat,Aussie Shep sun, Utility Dobe both days Non Sport Std Poodle sat, Dalmatian sun

:coffee::o I understood it the first time round........... :D :eek:

Just back home from Day 2.

Howie had no luck either day.. that's showing. :confused: I got to cheer for lots of folks though. :eek:

Bummer. Watching Howie have a great time on the Sat, I'm not sure he cared though :( .

I am still going 'awwwww' at Magic and Howie's 'reunion'. It was the most affectionate Magic has been to another dog in such a short space of time. That evening at your place when Magic learned how to avoid the Whippet Shoulder Roll, lost half his headfall, and discovered that if he is on the sofa he is as tall as Howie, must be one of his bestest puppyhood memories :love::o

You mean another male dog don't you? :o

Yeah, Howie isn't to every judge's taste but the dogs that went up were very very nice. You can't complain too much about losing to good dogs. :laugh:

The Whippety folk said he still looks like big gawky baby - he needs time to develop.

He had his standard show weekend:

* Make eyes at the ladees.. check

* Play with puppies ... check

* Have his own icecream and more than a bit of my show snacks.. check

* Avoid Jas's Borzoi Paws of Death.. check

* Scream like a girl when Mum shows other dogs... check

* Get a heap of pats.. check

* Roll around on the grass at the end of the show.. check

* Pee on legs at inoppotune times.. twice

* Drop shoulder on Havanese.. fail. :o

Howie had his very own baby Ridgeback to play with.. not sure Zeus's owner will be thrilled with some of the games Howie taught him though :o It was Howie who had to seek refuge on the sofa to play with a baby Ridgeback! :(

Edited by poodlefan

Just back home from Day 2.

Howie had no luck either day.. that's showing. :) I got to cheer for lots of folks though. :eek:

Bummer. Watching Howie have a great time on the Sat, I'm not sure he cared though ;) .

I am still going 'awwwww' at Magic and Howie's 'reunion'. It was the most affectionate Magic has been to another dog in such a short space of time. That evening at your place when Magic learned how to avoid the Whippet Shoulder Roll, lost half his headfall, and discovered that if he is on the sofa he is as tall as Howie, must be one of his bestest puppyhood memories :rofl: :D

You mean another male dog don't you? ;)

Yeah, Howie isn't to every judge's taste but the dogs that went up were very very nice. You can't complain too much about losing to good dogs. :)

The Whippety folk said he still looks like big gawky baby - he needs time to develop.

He had his standard show weekend:

* Make eyes at the ladees.. check

* Play with puppies ... check

* Have his own icecream and more than a bit of my show snacks.. check

* Avoid Jas's Borzoi Paws of Death.. check

* Scream like a girl when Mum shows other dogs... check

* Get a heap of pats.. check

* Roll around on the grass at the end of the show.. check

* Pee on legs at inoppotune times.. twice

* Drop shoulder on Havanese.. fail. :(

Howie had his very own baby Ridgeback to play with.. not sure Zeus's owner will be thrilled with some of the games Howie taught him though :) It was Howie who had to seek refuge on the sofa to play with a baby Ridgeback! :D

Tsk tsk - you are confusing sex with affection :)

Next time I will make sure Magic stays still long enough to give Howie a fair go at the Whippet Shoulder Roll of Doom :D

I just want to give a bit THANK YOU to all exhibitors and judges who took the time to make my sons first show a memorable one. Lewis and the borzoi had the time of their lives. My sister took them both. The other group of kids with the cresteds were their little friends and they too have come home with so much excitement. Thanks to everyone for encouraging these children. Ten years ago, my older son started to show dogs, and from his first day out in sweepstakes no one ever spoke a kind word to him, and when he actually won, well then they were outrightly nasty to him. Heres to keeping kids involved and making it a family sport where everyone is welcome

thanks again

Lewis, Umberto and family

I just want to give a bit THANK YOU to all exhibitors and judges who took the time to make my sons first show a memorable one. Lewis and the borzoi had the time of their lives. My sister took them both. The other group of kids with the cresteds were their little friends and they too have come home with so much excitement. Thanks to everyone for encouraging these children. Ten years ago, my older son started to show dogs, and from his first day out in sweepstakes no one ever spoke a kind word to him, and when he actually won, well then they were outrightly nasty to him. Heres to keeping kids involved and making it a family sport where everyone is welcome

thanks again

He did a great job MHL. I think (not surprisingly) he was a teeny bit disappointed with the breed results but his pup is still just a big baby. Its always going to be a big ask to knock off mature dogs. I was in the ring with him with the white Borzoi bitch when the judge had a chat to him on Sunday, told him his pup just needed time to grow up a bit and gave him some handling tips.

What really pleased those in my camp (Borzoi, Whippet and Rhodesian Ridgebacks) and was commented on was how often we saw him out and about with his pup, showing it the sights and sounds of the show.

He's a very serious young man in the ring isn't he? :D

In Hound group, it pays to be nice to youngsters.. we'll need them as adults for handling when we're too old to run our own dogs round the ring anymore. :rofl:

Edited by poodlefan

thanks again

I only saw Lewis on the Saturday but it was obvious how much his dog meant to him, it was delightful to see and I look forward to seeing much more of them

As poodlefan said I had a little brag also. My homebred dog,McDuff, from my first ever litter went RUBIG at Tumba on Saturday. This was his first major IG win.

Tumba is another great little show on the southern ag show circuit.

SSHH, maybe we shouldn't be telling everyone what a great area we have, they will all want to come. :laugh:

The little circuit of Gundagai, Tumut, Adelong and Tumbarrumba (bethungra, also) is great, very friendly, and everyone seems happy to help their fellow competitor.

Congratulations to the organisers and exhibitors.

Was great to meet fellow DOLers.

Hope to catchup with you again at Canberra