New Bulla Layout March 2010

SwaY

Their are other small dogs who would love to be inside as well - and im sure some people as well.

It segregates the toy people and what if it’s raining – the toy is dry for general specials and the others aren’t. Very unfair!

Picture3.png

Guest CaptainCourageous
That set up isn't much different to the old one at the showgrounds. Toys were always in the woodville (sp) pavillion. I kind of felt sorry for them as we got to go on the nice grassed area.
Non Sporting had the Head Pavillion when it rained. At Bulla we'll get the rain.

On balance though, if the Toys are going to go longest then I can see some sense in having them indoors where General Specials will be.

CC

I just took another look at the layout. Is it roughly to scale in size? The group 4 ring is smaller and I'm sure the afghan, and other big mover, owners would scrunch noses at the smaller ring. They should have moved Group 4 alongside group 5 and keep the smaller ring as a spare.

Edited by whippets

Indoors at Bulla as far as weather is concerned is great. Not just wet days but hot days are quite pleasant inside. Some of my dogs are fine indoors, some are awful. As for space, if you dont arrive at 7am, you dont get a spacious spot on the fenced off area to park your gear. Ive arrived at 8:30am a few times and had to park next to a wall between the ladies and mens toilets which dont smell especially nice!

Also having a child and bringing a few toys to amuse him whilst im grooming and showing, forget it....no room. Id rather be outside in the wind and the cold with my gazeebo up and plenty of room to have my trolley and chairs and junk about and relax like usual! Seeing whats going on in the other rings? Forget it, being an ex group 7 ex group 3 ex group 5 exhibitor i like watching whats going on around the rings. But now we are segregated when really there was PLENTY of room before.

Were the Toy exhibitors asked for an opinion? not that I'm aware of .... a decision made by

a select few perhaps ??

Many of the group 1 people i have spoken to who also have to show in other groups, said they were never asked,

It doesn't mater what group is inside, we should ALL be together.

A majority of shows in the USA have toys and terriers in covered areas...there is never any conflict about this from either the inside or the outside dogs. There are positives and negatives on both sides of the arguement.

Show people generally segregate themselves here I find regardless of this sort of situation. Very seldom will you see anyone other than those in your group, visiting, or socializing outside the area of their rings. It's very apparent when the rings are spread around and only a few touching.

Also with the toy group being inside and very little space at the entrance to the ring, some toy exhibitors have several exhibits 4+ dogs and when we were outside, you could easily just roll your trolley up to the entrance and show your dogs and then roll the trolley back to your gazebo. Now, you cant do that. A few weeks ago i was showing just a dog and a bitch and i would of brought the trolley ringside but after id shown my bitch, i had to run back to the trolley to bring my dog back for BOB which held up proceedings. At the toy club last year i had four dogs entered and we were nowhere near the ring entrance, in fact you couldnt even push a trolley past the ring entrance because of so many people there, and it was ridiculous, as i was showing the dogs, my mother was going back and forth to the trolley around near the cafe entrance and swapping dogs for the next classes, then there were run offs! OMG i was bloody glad it was all over in the end!

Because i used to show Bostons, we tend to go for a walk and have a chat with the the group 7 people at a show, we also had Kelpies and have friends in group 5 and sometimes i have helped show friends dogs for them. I had a Vizsla many years ago and even now i like to check out the catalogue and see what the dogs are looking like today. Not everyone sits at the shows and doesnt talk to anyone from the other groups. In fact, there are quite a few people who have two breeds from different groups at a show, what a pain in the backside having a group 1 dog and a dog from another group. I can think of three people off the top of my head.

Edited by Entourage