Crusty Nose

bridie

Any-one know the cure for a "crusty nose"?I had used vaseline & Vit/e,which she licks or wipes off.,further more what may be the cause?I thought may-be the sun,diet,if perhaps either why just the one with this little problem.

What sun! not a sunbaker in any case. :laugh:

Don't know if it is this at all, but look up "nasodigital hyperkeratosis". Follow links through to things such as Pyoderma, Phemphigus complex and Furunculosous. It may not be any of these - they relate back to auto-immune issues and/or atopic allergies etc. But it might be some things worth knowing of and storing in the back of your mind. I am looking at all these things as being possible for my boy's condition, but his is more complex. Don't wish to over burden you with info - none of it might relate, but if you want to read up, these will at least keep you occupied.

Check diet as well - diet I think has much to do with these things (although not always) and symptoms generally stem from the inner body. Hopefully it is as simple as giving the inner health tabs.

In the meantime, watch that your boy's nose doesn't become sunburnt - he is more susceptible if his nose is crusty.

Edited by Erny

You may find that the crust needs to be removed as it is dead skin and dirt. Do this by moistening the crusties and gently scraping it off with your finger nail.

Lots of pugs have crusty noses because thier owners don't understand that the crust can be removed.

Edited by puggy_puggy

Don't know if it is this at all, but look up "nasodigital hyperkeratosis". Follow links through to things such as Pyoderma, Phemphigus complex and Furunculosous. It may not be any of these - they relate back to auto-immune issues and/or atopic allergies etc. But it might be some things worth knowing of and storing in the back of your mind. I am looking at all these things as being possible for my boy's condition, but his is more complex. Don't wish to over burden you with info - none of it might relate, but if you want to read up, these will at least keep you occupied.

Check diet as well - diet I think has much to do with these things (although not always) and symptoms generally stem from the inner body. Hopefully it is as simple as giving the inner health tabs.

In the meantime, watch that your boy's nose doesn't become sunburnt - he is more susceptible if his nose is crusty.

Thanks Erny,are you the milkman :mad I've copied and posted your post and will go into it with Google t'morrow,occupied is an understatement!!!I can hardly say those words let alone spell them,remembering another matter. :) See i did post re Trachea other day,seeing vet t'morrow this is a far greater concern,googled that OMG.

You may find that the crust needs to be removed as it is dead skin and dirt. Do this by moistening the crusties and gently scraping it off with your finger nail.

Lost of pugs have crusty noses because thier owners don't understand that the crust can be removed.

Thanks Puggy I'll have a closer look as soon as I get outa here. :)

Lost of pugs have crusty noses because thier owners don't understand that the crust can be removed.

Thanks Puggy I'll have a closer look as soon as I get outa here. :)

Bulldogs and Bullmastiffs can also suffer from crusty noses.

I use paw paw cream and remove the dead skin and dirt from my boys nose.

ha! you beat me to it Erny..

cheers

h

Yeah - but guess which peoples I have learnt heaps from along the way :mad . You'd be a big shining star in that department, DBS along with a number of others who are predominant with helping in the 'health' department. :)

Poodlefan was the one who lead me to Pemphigus to read up on ..... links that I found in reading up on that lead me to those other things.

Don't know if you'll be thanking me Bridie .... sometimes having access to reading up on these things feels like a curse - it can get really confusing and sometimes I feel like burying my head in the sand and trying to talk myself into symptoms not being some of the things I read up on. But at least if/when other additional symptoms come to pass, little 'bells' start ringing and it gives you a base to return to.

Edited by Erny

cheers

h

Cause he drives "The fastest Milkcart in the west"that's Erny :mad

:mad ...... Erny dons her yellow raincoat and hops astride her tricycle. :)

Edited by Erny

cheers

h

Cause he drives "The fastest Milkcart in the west"that's Erny :hug:

:hug: ...... Erny dons her yellow raincoat and hops astride her tricycle. :rainbowbridge:

LOLS my poor mind is boggling at the mere thjought of that vision in yellow..

H