Arghhhhh Family & Dogs!

Zensu

My old neighbours did the same thing. I only found out when there was a knock on my door and the council dog catcher is there. He said he was told my neighbours had found a stray dog and could he take it away. As they werent home he was asking me if I knew anything about it? I look over the fence and there is their dog tied there. ( Also a rottie..) I knew they had been complaining about it didding up the yard so it was fairly obvious what they were doing. I told the guy it was their dog and he left it there. Poor dog vanished a few days later. Naturally, a week later they had a new puppy. :dunce: . I dont know what they did with the old dog...

They skipped out on rent and shot through a few months later so I was rid of them. Pity you cant get rid of family that easy.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon I would also add a phone call to RSPCA, they are dwn that way in Adel. A skinny 6 month old dog without registration or vaccination..... RSPCA are the only ones who can lay charges for neglectful behaviour and also contact various dept's to ensure registration and future follow up on pups health. They can also have the courts impose bans on future pet ownership.

Good Luck what a horrible predicament to be in, I am so glad Cody found a new home I hop Macky gets the same 2nd chance. Would presume the initial arguements from the two came from neither being desexed or a food issue if both were being under fed

SIL is my husbands Sister - she tries to smooth arguments, but her hubby is one of those people with a "know it all" personality. Not just limited to dog ownership I'm afraid.

Ahwell...

guess what, Cody has come to our house, picked him up at 7am, I dont really have the time (I'm 32 weeks pregnant) or the space (we already have 6 Pointers :S ) but what else can you do.

his back legs arent doing so well, and his weight is not flash either, but we gave him a bath, spot on and wormed him, so atleast he is comfortable.

Edited to add: MY family has done a ring around this morning , and we have found someone to take Cody for the rest of his retirement :coffee:

Bless you for being so kind.........

You're right, they've wrong. At least you got the best outcome you could for Cody. Well done for having some humanity and decency.

Now you can report them to the council for having an unregistered 6 month old dog. :coffee:

It wont be long before that one is on the move too for messing up the back yard.

That is great that Cody got a new home. No dog especially an elderly one should have to be put in that situation.

I can relate to your situation. My sister and her husband live in Ireland in the country and their neighbours are my brother-in-laws parents. They have a son, my nephew and he loves dogs. The first dog they had (think it was a cocker X) used to go across to the next property and have a go at the mother-in-laws pekingnese. One day it attacked one of the pekingnese so badly that one of its eyes was gauged out of the socket and left dangling by a thread and the other eye was also damaged. It survived but is totally blind and only has one eye. They rehomed the dog in question. Then they get a lovely black cocker puppy. But they didnt put the time into training it and thought it was a dumb dog. So they rehomed it too. Now theyve got a border collie puppy. And they still dont have a proper house yard or run to keep him in. They have this idea that because they know some people who have farm dogs that dont roam that their dogs will be ok as well. Anyway their border collie pup does roam because he has nothing to do all day. They are also keeping him entire because the breeder told them that it will change the dogs personality. So now this new dog has taken to going over to the other next door neighbours house and humping their entire golden retreiver who doesnt appreciate it. Its only a matter of time really...Ive tried to suggest a better way of doings things but they want to do it their way. The worst part is my nephew has been devastated twice now and id hate for that to happen again