Photoshop 5 - Content Aware Fill

TerraNik

:laugh: so now we have NO WAY of knowing what is original photo and what's not . :laugh:

Yes, that's been the case for a long time though. Even pre-digital and pre-computers. Google some of Frank Hurley's work, my absolute hero, black and white photography of the Antarctic and war-time. And he was maligned in his day for "cheating" and even called "a liar" for his beautiful image management and compilations.

It's complex though isn't it, as to the balance of photographic skill, photoshop skill, and integrity or honesty. I welcome technology that makes cleaning up an image quicker, easier and gives a better finished result. I love to credit good photography, and am pretty unimpressed with people who do some arty photoshop fix-ups and try to pass it off as their photography skills. Bleerrrgh. Yet I love to see the good photoshop work that can turn a wonderful image into an art piece: I just like to know that it's been done.

We're updating to CS5 the day it is available of course, can't wait. It will be interesting to get everyone's feedback on what they are doing with it that is "different to before", what features are really useful etc.

With horse photography, the simple cleaning up the area around a pony is a welcome feature, to be able to remove the patches of horse manure that look distracting at best on a grass field.

For people shooting their dogs in back yards, it would be good to be able to remove dog poo on the path, the garden hose lying around, and the dead pot-plant - and without any tell-tale off-colour smudges.

Chortle. We used to remove ex-spouses from old wedding photos. Now anyone can do it! I've been made redundant by technology Shell, that's not good. Still, at my age as they say, you get used to it. (Computers made my touch typing skills redundant, satellites made my radio communications skills redundant).

Ashanali that's a good point about simplifying watermark removal. I've been jumped on a few times lately because our watermark is too big "we can't see if the horse's ears are forward, the bird is in the way". Tough: I was about to reduce our watermark - now the bird can stay there. So at present it is Lyrebird 1, Photoshop Nil. Have to see how it goes.

facets of having taken the good photo still with good light, exposure, focus, composition etc still apply, and this can't be faked, but will make some tasks so much easier, but agree with the watermarks, that will be a pain, but lets face it, there are still the types now anyway that have no qualms at stealing off the net and printing off now even with a watermark on them, but if this is only in the full version and not elements, that might put some of them off spending that much to do it. Myself, will be upgrading as soon as I can, will make cloning that whole lot easier (of course taking the time to get rid of any clutter up front is even quicker still!!!), and as I am in the business, staying current is a must.

Yes, it's fantastic and great and I want also...

then a friend pointed out to me a few days ago that it now makes it a whole lot easier for people to remove our watermarks :laugh:

Yeah, that is the only downside to it...

:laugh: Wow!! Thats impressive!

Ex boyfriends across the world will be going poof! right before your very eyes :)

Oh yesssssss! :)

You can do all that with a wacom and the clone tool now, I have to do it with book covers all the time.

Umm... not a thing like the new software! This will cut out so so so so so much time with correcting edges and jpg artefacts and all that stuff.

And don't you know that the patch tool is where it's all at? Clone tool is so 2003. :)

So how does it work when you upgrade from PS CS4 to CS5 will it be expensive and will it be something we can just download? or will we actually have to go and buy the full program?

I hardly ever use PS now that I am using LR, I only do basic stuff so LR is all I need for now. One of the main reasons I don't use PS so much is there is so many things and I can't be bothered learning. I did a basic PS course but it was just that basic!!