Finding It Hard To Find The "one" :cry:

italmum

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/breede...IREEN&b=420

heres his listing...i am so hopeful things work out..i have even clean up in preparation for his arrival :mad and i am so tempted to run out a buy a doggy tramp bed thingy for him to sleep on

Oh how exciting !!!!

He's so adorable looking !!

All the best Italmum, hope you get him !! told you when the timing is right, it will all happen!! :D

heres his listing...i am so hopeful things work out..i have even clean up in preparation for his arrival :mad and i am so tempted to run out a buy a doggy tramp bed thingy for him to sleep on

He is awesome, looks very much like the little CKCS girl I adopted when on a working holiday in NZ thirty years ago. She was handed over to the pound as the owners couldn't be bothered with her any more and I took one look at her and couldn't say no. I brought her back home to Aus with me and she lived a grand and spoiled life. I still miss my little 'Lady". :(

Don't bother buying a bed, of course he will be sleeping in a peoples bed :D :o:rofl:

He is awesome, looks very much like the little CKCS girl I adopted when on a working holiday in NZ thirty years ago. She was handed over to the pound as the owners couldn't be bothered with her any more and I took one look at her and couldn't say no. I brought her back home to Aus with me and she lived a grand and spoiled life. I still miss my little 'Lady". ;)

Don't bother buying a bed, of course he will be sleeping in a peoples bed :D :rofl::(

well maybe i should buy the tramp bed thingy for DH to sleep on :o

He is awesome, looks very much like the little CKCS girl I adopted when on a working holiday in NZ thirty years ago. She was handed over to the pound as the owners couldn't be bothered with her any more and I took one look at her and couldn't say no. I brought her back home to Aus with me and she lived a grand and spoiled life. I still miss my little 'Lady". :o

Don't bother buying a bed, of course he will be sleeping in a peoples bed :D :( ;)

well maybe i should buy the tramp bed thingy for DH to sleep on :o

I have a wooden baby cradle that rocks that you can buy for your new puppy! It will fit nicely next to your bed, and you can rock it off to sleep.... :rofl:

hahaha nah it would most likely be me and the dog in the bed...and DH in the cradle..he snores anyways..so the break would be nice :D

Oh you won't be getting a break from your DH's snoring once you get a Cav ! :)

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

hahaha nah it would most likely be me and the dog in the bed...and DH in the cradle..he snores anyways..so the break would be nice :D

Oh you won't be getting a break from your DH's snoring once you get a Cav ! :)

You know i completely forgot they made snorty sounds hahahaha

The cav i had for a lil bit (was dumped here and i re-homed him) was so cute he used to see me go to the patio and come trumpeting (def not lightfooted) and wag his tail snorting his lil head off...made me smile :)

No I meant the snoring sounds LOL I know they snort too. Renae does when she gets over excited ! ;-)

What a pity you couldn't keep the one that was dumped at your place, why was that..

Glad to hear of your new addition, hope all works out well for you. :D

No I meant the snoring sounds LOL I know they snort too. Renae does when she gets over excited ! ;-)

What a pity you couldn't keep the one that was dumped at your place, why was that..

Well i found out i was pregnant the day he was dumped! So being a first time mum, even though we liked the dog - i thought it would be better if he went to another home. well if i had of known what i know now..i would have kept him :D

Glad to hear of your new addition, hope all works out well for you. :D

oohh he's not mine yet, but fingers crossed!

There are more Blenheims and Tricolours being bred, so the chances are better with those colours.

Chocolatelover, it is difficult to get a registered pup, more difficult in some breeds than others. Demand outstrips supply

So why do so many advertisements on DOL say they have pups available?

awww so happy to hear things are looking up! It all sounds very possitive and he is a lovely looking boy :D

CL - when you consider it from the point of view of a puppy buyer who wants more from a breeder than just available pups, many litters on the ground don't necessarily mean many to choose from. I knew whose dogs I liked the look of, whose websites seemed to have all the right info and who I had heard really good things about, so I had a "short list" of breeders - some had pups advertised some did not. I sent off an email all about us and asked for all the information that was pertinent to how they breed and raise pups - an awful lot didn't reply and I've since learnt they are almost universaly breeders whose answers I would not have liked. It was pure luck that one of my top choice breeders had an upcoming litter and didn't start compiling a wait list till pups were on the ground - I could well have waited much longer and I would have done so happily if I didn't feel confident that they would be there long term with any questions/concerns I might have!

I just can't get my head around all of this. I was just reading another thread where they say it is not the breed but the individual dog (a pup got attacked by a bully breed).

If italmum gets her pup, and puts in the hard work of raising her pup the right way I woud say she is likely to end up with a good dog. A pup from the best of lines can end up with temperament problems if in the wrong hands.

It is really, really, really hard work raising a pup and a dog takes time, patience and committment. There is no "perfect match" out their for any family no matter how much research you do - everyone needs to put in blood, sweat and tears to get the dog they want. Otherwise it will never have a happy outcome.

I just can't get my head around all of this. I was just reading another thread where they say it is not the breed but the individual dog (a pup got attacked by a bully breed).

If italmum gets her pup, and puts in the hard work of raising her pup the right way I woud say she is likely to end up with a good dog. A pup from the best of lines can end up with temperament problems if in the wrong hands.

It is really, really, really hard work raising a pup and a dog takes time, patience and committment. There is no "perfect match" out their for any family no matter how much research you do - everyone needs to put in blood, sweat and tears to get the dog they want. Otherwise it will never have a happy outcome.

Chocolate lover, i have had "not a fair go" as far as my experiences with trying to find a pup so far, I am hopeful with the dog i am looking at, if he is not the right one, i will just put my name down with the breeder for the next litter.

But atleast she will know what type of person i am AND meet my children :thumbsup:

There are more Blenheims and Tricolours being bred, so the chances are better with those colours.

Chocolatelover, it is difficult to get a registered pup, more difficult in some breeds than others. Demand outstrips supply

So why do so many advertisements on DOL say they have pups available?

probably because they do have puppies available. Some one else already posted that they had recommended some one else but the OP wasn't interested as they were too far away and she doesn't have a car for two weeks.

So, if you restrict yourself to a smaller area, take out the dodgy ones, then take into account personal preference on gender, colour etc there are likely not very many breeders/puppies left to chose from. That's fine by the way, but you need to realise that you might need to be PATIENT in waiting for the right pup. In my breed, I'm the only registered breeder for two hours in one direction, and an hour in the other. So, if some one wants to buy from a 'local' registered breeder in my area there is just me, but I only have normally one litter a year. No doubt there are people who won't sell to people with kids, but there are also people who won't sell to older people, people who work fulltime etc. In fact, I have a breeder friend who won't sell to people of certain nationalities (no need to get in an arguement with me about this - it's not something I agree with). There are heaps of breeders who will sell to people with kids, but they might not have a puppy or dog available right this minute - again, it's about being patient.

To be honest, this thread started on March 29, and by April 1 the OP has an appt to meet with a breeder about a dog. In this time she has gone from wanting an older dog, to a young puppy and back to an older puppy. Personally I don't think that is very long to find the right dog.

Hope it all works out well for the OP and the dog.