Kcc Park - Tampering With Dog Float

Starkehre

Hi all, hope you are enjoying your Easter long weekend.

Just thought it a good idea to advise those of you that tow a float to any dog events, that before you leave to go home, please check your coupling and lighting connection.

Yesterday, after having a wonderful day doing obedience trialling at KCC Park, we discovered that someone had disconnected our float lights from the car. :wave::( Luckily we noticed, and then of course checked everything else. All else was fine.

... it's not like I won or anything either :bolt:

I was quite disturbed by this. I am really upset that another dog person would even consider doing this to someone and risk another car running into the back of their float and possibly injuring their dogs.

The plug had definitely been removed and then placed back over the draw bar, so not a situatrion where it could have just falling out.

Anyway guys, I would hate for anyone to be involved in an accident, so please please get into the habit of checking all connections (if you don't already) before going home. I know I will be much more vigilent from now on.

Edited by dyzney

I am so glad that you thought to check the float..........what it is with people. :(

I make a purpose to always check the float after being at a dog event. I am aware of many unfortunate accidents / incidents due to deliberate tampering that have happened after people have been at a dog event. The one that really concerned me was the poor people who had the wheel nuts loosened off from the tyres. Luckily it was noticed as they were driving off the grounds. How bloody dangerous that could have been for not only the dogs in the float but the people towing the float and any other unfortunate soul that happened to be on the road at the same time. :)

I seriously just don't get people and their motivation to want to do something like this. :wave::bolt:

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

Yeh, got me buggered too Stolz.

It has been a good wake up call for me to check from now on. I have not been in the habit of doing that, even after towing horses for years, so definitely shake me up for me.

Yeh, and just when my faith in human kind had been restored, something like this happens. Pretty sad really.

Good on you for always checking. :bolt:

How close was that for those people you knew of. Really disgusting. I am guilty of being ignorant that people would do something like that.... and I am not even aware of any enemies I may have??? :wave:

Edited by dyzney

Very very sad indeed and people wonder why the numbers are falloing at dog shows, I believe its actually one level up or down from bad sportsmanship its almost criminal.

Glad to hear you caught the light plug fault before driving and THANKS for the warning.

:)

Hi all, hope you are enjoying your Easter long weekend.

Just thought it a good idea to advise those of you that tow a float to any dog events, that before you leave to go home, please check your coupling and lighting connection.

Yesterday, after having a wonderful day doing obedience trialling at KCC Park, we discovered that someone had disconnected our float lights from the car. :wave::( Luckily we noticed, and then of course checked everything else. All else was fine.

... it's not like I won or anything either :bolt:

I was quite disturbed by this. I am really upset that another dog person would even consider doing this to someone and risk another car running into the back of their float and possibly injuring their dogs.

The plug had definitely been removed and then placed back over the draw bar, so not a situatrion where it could have just falling out.

Anyway guys, I would hate for anyone to be involved in an accident, so please please get into the habit of checking all connections (if you don't already) before going home. I know I will be much more vigilent from now on.

You may have already done so, but this probably needs to go onto other forums: eg the sports one, to ensure its wider dissemination.

It isn't almost criminal, Wazza, it IS .

Might not necessarily be dog people doing these things, could be just low lifes wandering around looking to do damage :):thumbsup: .

In any case, yes, it is impossible to comprehend such a mindset.

Very very sad indeed and people wonder why the numbers are falloing at dog shows, I believe its actually one level up or down from bad sportsmanship its almost criminal.

It certainly stopped me from ever getting Involved :thumbsup:

the amount of bitchiness that goes on and what some people actually do when they can't stand losing Is unbelievable to say the least :)

Glad you picked up on It In time dyzney

Thanks guys.

I was going to put this thread into the training section, but then it would get coverage here. Perhaps I will pop it into training and showing sections also. Thanks for the heads up Mother Moocher.

We actually think it was possibly naughty kids, only being that I keep a pretty low profile and am not competative enough in nature or result for anyone to hold any grudges against me. Anyway, I truly hope that it was just kids. :) ... but who knows?

It certainly is not on though. I am not even fond of the thought of others touching my property, let alone the thought of what could have happened.

:) glad to hear u noticed as i would hate to see any of u guys hurt! especially since i havent had the chance to meet ur beautiful puppies yet!!

I have heard of some pretty horrible stuff due to sore losers but this is just obsured i really hope it was naughty children but loosening wheels??!! WTF are these people thinking??! It would be attempted murder / manslaughter or outright manslaughter if anything occured in this case... Isn't the point of tese shows and sports to have FUN?????

People make me sick - no wonder i like dogs better!

Yes MM you are quite right, it is criminal, I just have a nag at the back of my head that says dog people are genuine people, it saddens me to think that smome may be that COMPETITIVE that they may resort to this, after all its just a dog Show, win lose or draw you always take the best dogs home with you!!

:laugh::laugh:

You may have already done so, but this probably needs to go onto other forums: eg the sports one, to ensure its wider dissemination.

It isn't almost criminal, Wazza, it IS .

Might not necessarily be dog people doing these things, could be just low lifes wandering around looking to do damage :):thumbsup: .

In any case, yes, it is impossible to comprehend such a mindset.

Wouldn't hurt to inform KCC Park Management as well?

And maybe even for some of the events managers to make an announcement here and there, letting people know that it is happening.

If the 'culprits' know that this has become a public knowledge and awareness matter they may be disinclined to do it again, and maybe even parents will be on the look out for what their own children are getting up to.

Wouldn't hurt to inform KCC Park Management as well?

And maybe even for some of the events managers to make an announcement here and there, letting people know that it is happening.

If the 'culprits' know that this has become a public knowledge and awareness matter they may be disinclined to do it again, and maybe even parents will be on the look out for what their own children are getting up to.

Good point Erny.

I actually wanted to say something to trial sec directly before presentations, so they might say something then to everyone (as we noticed when we were packing up, not directly before we left), but I just felt weird about it. I did mention it to a few people I know there that had floats, just so they were aware and should check theirs, but I felt like I was sounding like a trouble maker..... I know, just me being silly.

But, yes, I think I may make a couple of calls tomorrow or send an email.

:) glad to hear u noticed as i would hate to see any of u guys hurt! especially since i havent had the chance to meet ur beautiful puppies yet!!

I have heard of some pretty horrible stuff due to sore losers but this is just obsured i really hope it was naughty children but loosening wheels??!! WTF are these people thinking??! It would be attempted murder / manslaughter or outright manslaughter if anything occured in this case... Isn't the point of tese shows and sports to have FUN?????

Thanks Kirst. You will be at Kate's on the 25th?? We will meet up again then, and Dyzney will be there. :thumbsup:

Let them know you realise it might be a one-off thing and nothing terribly 'scandalous' but that perhaps they'll see it as to not hurt to mention it, just as you have thought it won't hurt to mention it to them.

Better to have informed them than later on them suggesting they might have done something about it "if only they'd known".

And besides - you won't know if you are the only one whose trailer was 'tampered' with :) . There might be others.

There could be some innocent excuse for the occurrence, not that I can imagine it, but you never know. But no biggy to mention it to KCC Park. :thumbsup:

Edited by Erny

Let them know you realise it might be a one-off thing and nothing terribly 'scandalous' but that perhaps they'll see it as to not hurt to mention it, just as you have thought it won't hurt to mention it to them.

Better to have informed them than later on them suggesting they might have done something about it "if only they'd known".

And besides - you won't know if you are the only one whose trailer was 'tampered' with :) . There might be others.

There could be some innocent excuse for the occurrence, not that I can imagine it, but you never know. But no biggy to mention it to KCC Park. :thumbsup:

Absolutely Erny, will do.

To be honest, after a big and tiring weekend, I had pretty much forgotten about it, until just before I decided to post something here.

But, yes, agreed, I will follow it up. Best that I do, just in case.

Thanks Kirst. You will be at Kate's on the 25th?? We will meet up again then, and Dyzney will be there. :laugh:

Sadly i wont be there :thumbsup: im working!! next time though :laugh: i usually get to go to every 2 or 3 herding events the others im working. But im sure i will see u and ur family again soon :laugh:

I second ur thoughts erny, definatly need to get word out about this, i still cant comprehend someone doing somethings this brainless!!

Thanks Kirst. You will be at Kate's on the 25th?? We will meet up again then, and Dyzney will be there. :laugh:

Sadly i wont be there :thumbsup: im working!! next time though :laugh: i usually get to go to every 2 or 3 herding events the others im working. But im sure i will see u and ur family again soon :laugh:

I second ur thoughts erny, definatly need to get word out about this, i still cant comprehend someone doing somethings this brainless!!

Catch up next time then Kirst.

A few of us Rotti people are getting together for a workshop with Kate hopefully in May (have not firmed on a date yet). If you are free and feel like a Rotti fix, you could come along that day. :rofl: