New Puppies

tlc

Love all the puppy photos :laugh: . I really need to work out how to post photos.

As a first time puppy owner I have been surprised at how hard the first few weeks were, reading about it is certainly diffferent than experiencing it, but she is such an adorable goofy dog that I am enjoying every minute as she grows. Although there was a stage where I could have given her away to the first caller.......(well, not really, but I certainly felt at the end of my wits)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy was mostly a great puppy, a little bitey and took a while to toilet train (tiny bladder) but very adorable.

The only thing that was difficult was his size (or lack thereof! :laugh:). I honestly thought 6'4 OH was going to somehow crush our 750gram puppy! But they bonded *instantly* - was really sweet. They still sit exactly like this most Saturday nights ...

DSCF2620.jpg

Edited by LDR

Although there was a stage where I could have given her away to the first caller.......(well, not really, but I certainly felt at the end of my wits)

Heheeh My OH had different levels of classification for Bitty when she was a pup.

She was either:

Not for sale – This is when she was being reasonably good

For Sale – when she was hyper and a bit of a pain

On Discount – when she keeps bouncing and just will not stop

Bargain Bin – When she was muddy and dirty and was bouncing like a maniac

Free to GOOD home - When she was wreaking absolute havoc on us and just would jump on everyone and everything and had this manic glint in her eyes

Free to ANY home – When she had just committed what he deemed to be an actual “crime”!

But she’s never for sale anymore these days! She’s on his “Priceless” list now!

But she’s never for sale anymore these days! She’s on his “Priceless” list now!

I'll never forget the day I was training Timmy to walk on lead - a ten minute track took 1.5 hours (I was beside myself! :) ). I muttered "That's it, free to a good home, this Saturday's paper". A lady about my Mum's age gasped in horror and gave me the filthiest stare! :(

After my intial frustriation, I got used to chanting "walking a puppy is an exercise in patience"... (better then angry "you're going to be tied to the nearest lamppost" mutterings):laugh:

Edited by LDR

Pepper's now 17 months old, and still a nutter (as the vet called her last week).

An absolute handful as a puppy and it did cross my mind that we'd done the wrong thing, but in hindsight, not really that bad. Toilet training was a breeze. The biteys didn't last long. I only lost 3 pairs of shoes and only 2 pairs of trousers pulled off the line were irreparable. Most of the naughty stuff happened as she started getting older (and it's still happening!) But as she matures, Pepper is becoming a lovely snugglebum, and I couldn't be without her.

I want another puppy (how quickly we forget, lol), but DH is still getting over the last one. So it'll be some years yet until Pepper gets a baby brother :(

post-27642-1270777869_thumb.jpg

tlc, what a gorgeous bunch you have! It must be so much fun watching them all interact with each other. I don't know how you manage 4 though.

Having said that, if I had a bigger house, I would definitely have more than 1 now and can imagine I may end up with a few when I move somewhere suitable... I swear that puppy smell is addictive, I would crave the smell whenever I was away from Saxon when he was a baby!

saxonpup, Saxon sounds like he was a model puppy, He look georgous too!!

Ha, I would not say Sax was a model puppy! I didn't mention the CONSTANT biting, the jumping all over the cats, the eating his dinner superfast so he could go and steal Charlie the cat's, the refusing to eat unless he's near Charlie (Charlie's now fed on the kitchen bench and Saxon on the floor *sigh*), the running off with any socks, stockings, undies, slippers he could get his little teeth on, the stealing the paper towel I used to clean up his accidents and leaving a trail of wee-soaked paper through the house, the dragging sticks and leaves in the through the dog door and chewing them up all over the floor, the escaping out the gate and taking himself for a walk up the street with me trailing behind trying to convince him it would be fun to come back...

But overall he's been pretty stress free and I wouldn't change him for the world! I can't wait to get him a puppy playmate :(

A few more puppy pics for the puppy lovers :(

this pup....Dora....is pretty docile....but loves to chew EVERYTHING

post-21718-1270779013_thumb.jpg

This guy Maxwell was VERY ACTIVE....and inquisitive and got himself stung by a bee on the eye :laugh:

Who me??

post-21718-1270779067_thumb.jpg

This gal was gorgeous......

post-21718-1270779072_thumb.jpg

Edited by matty

Lab lady, :cry: all those puppies talk about cuteness overdose!! & the little shiny black one with his tounge out. :) great shots!!

Black Bronson, I bet you can't wait to get your pup, is his name Bronson? Great name :laugh: he looks super cute!!

Emm, I agree puppies are a lot of worrk but very enjoyable as you said. People alway say I must have so much work with 4 but I love it, Every bit of it!!

Snowball, If you get a photobucket account and upload your pics to there, it is then easy as to post them.

we need more puppy pics!! :(

LDR, Timmy :cry: he is so tiny in that picture. Gotta love the bond between Oh's and the doggies always very cute!!

Here is my OH with Lacy, (he probly kill me if he knew I'd posted this pic!)

P1070887.jpg

hes awake in this pic!! :)

P1010750.jpg

another one of the OH with Tully, check out the other two farting about in the background... :cry:

P1150015.jpg

Pepper&Jax, Pepper is adorable, I bet she would love a baby bro. Its funny how soon you forget the destruction the do as pups. :cry:

saxonpup, Thanks So many people ask me how I manage with 4 but to me it has never felt like hard work. They are all really cruisy and it just fell into place!!

Matty, those puppies are just so adorable, that little Maxwell, he looks like a toy, what a sweetie, hope his eye is ok.

A cute pic of Bron helping me browse the web :cry:

P1140261.jpg

Lab lady, :D all those puppies talk about cuteness overdose!! & the little shiny black one with his tounge out. :) great shots!!

Black Bronson, I bet you can't wait to get your pup, is his name Bronson? Great name :laugh: he looks super cute!!

Emm, I agree puppies are a lot of worrk but very enjoyable as you said. People alway say I must have so much work with 4 but I love it, Every bit of it!!

Snowball, If you get a photobucket account and upload your pics to there, it is then easy as to post them.

we need more puppy pics!! :laugh:

LDR, Timmy :) he is so tiny in that picture. Gotta love the bond between Oh's and the doggies always very cute!!

Here is my OH with Lacy, (he probly kill me if he knew I'd posted this pic!)

P1070887.jpg

hes awake in this pic!! :dancingelephant:

:) Sssssssooooooo Cute!!!!! I love puppies!!

P1010750.jpg

another one of the OH with Tully, check out the other two farting about in the background... :dancingelephant:

P1150015.jpg

Pepper&Jax, Pepper is adorable, I bet she would love a baby bro. Its funny how soon you forget the destruction the do as pups. :laugh:

saxonpup, Thanks So many people ask me how I manage with 4 but to me it has never felt like hard work. They are all really cruisy and it just fell into place!!

Matty, those puppies are just so adorable, that little Maxwell, he looks like a toy, what a sweetie, hope his eye is ok.

A cute pic of Bron helping me browse the web :dancingelephant:

P1140261.jpg

Love all the puppies :laugh: Amypie - I think I would steal your first pup, thought so since you first posted his pic but that pic with the shoe makes me want to cuddle him.

Got my dogs at 9 months or more of age. Somebody asked me to mind their new poodle pup recently at a trail and I wasn't quite sure what I was doing. Unlike everybody else I have never had a pup.

Another dog coming in a while I hope and I can't decide pup or rescue. My agility trainer suggested pups are better as you can shape them more but I also like to save a life plus you get to see the adult. You can pick a dog that you have a fair idea of its personality.

But now when I see all the pups I go all clucky big time!

Edited by skip

Love all the puppies :) Amypie - I think I would steal your first pup, thought so since you first posted his pic but that pic with the shoe makes me want to cuddle him.

He grew a bit since then unfortunately :) ...

guilty.jpg

after.jpg

:laugh:

He hasn't changed much! He is a tenterfield terrier?

Is he a toy and is he competing in agility? And I notice you got your second cute little dog pretty soon after him. So puppyhood didn't put you off.

:laugh: So many dogs to choose from - so many puppies to love.

Oops sorry just saw he is a TT from your pic.

Edited by skip

Yes I love puppyhood as well, despite all the hard work and anxious moments :D . The rewards of helping shape that beautiful, adorable scallywag puppy :p into a happy and well adjusted and well behaved adult are worth all the hard work :) I love seeing them develop and change over the years and to be able to reminisce about their puppyhood/teenage years, the good the bad and the ugly :rofl:

I didn't think I would ever own another puppy again at this stage in my life, but after suffering the huge loss of my beautiful 10year old black lab boy, Fitzy to cancer last year, and reflecting on the absolutely wonderul life that we had together and the extremely deep bond between us, I decided I wanted to experience that kind of relationship with a dog one more time in my lifetime.

My beautiful new pup, Tana, who is now 6mths old, came to live with me on 5/12/09 at 10 weeks of age. I wasn't actually planning on getting my puppy until the new year 2010 but after a few conversations with the breeder, he told me they had a beautiful 10 week old black lab boy available and asked if I would like him rather than wait for the next litter. I didn't know it at the time, but this boy was born on 28/9/09 the day before my beloved Fitzy was PTS on 29/9/09, so whilst I was preparing to lose the love of my life :cry: , my new love was being born :)

Tana has been an awesome pup in all regards and I love this little guy so much :) He is a typical Lab puppy full of excitement, energy, confidence and the joys of life, all of which I so love about Labradors :) However, he has not been destructive at all and all of his toys are totally intact with no signs of any mutilation :laugh: Only thing he has ever chewed on in the house was the corner of the TV stand and I nipped that in the bud with spraying on some "stop chew" and he never touched it again or any other furniture, including pillows for that matter. He has also never nipped me, or any of my family including my grandchildren aged 5yrs & 18mths and has never been boisterous or over the top with them as well. He was fantastic with his toilet training and was fully toilet trained in less than 2 weeks and he has also been has been excellent to train and picks things up very quickly :) He has a very soft mouth with fantastic bite inhibition and as greedy as the little bugger is :laugh: , he never snatches food/treats from my fingers/hand and I have been able to get things out of his mouth without any nipping/biting and this includes bones, which he has the propensity to try to swallow whole without first chewing :( and this has resulted in an emergency trip to the emergency animal hospital and admission to hospital next day :(

I got a wonderful demonstration a couple of days ago at how soft his mouth is, albeit the demonstration was thru a naughty antic of counter surfing :laugh: I had just been supermarket shopping and had put everything away except a carton of a dozen eggs which I had left on the bench. I was in my office and heard him jump up on the bench so I raced out and here he was walking away with the carton of eggs in his mouth :eek: dangling at a precarious angle :laugh: and I had to be careful not to frighten him into running outside with his prize :laugh: or tell him to drop them :laugh: so I followed him calmly, talking to him and calling him over and he came over to me with the carton in his mouth and I put my hand on the carton and told him to let go and he did and I expected at least one or more eggs to have been damaged, but there were only two small holes in the carton and not one egg was damaged :)

Tana on first day at home - 10 weeks of age

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

Tana at 11 & 12 weeks of age

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01484.jpgDSC01561.jpg

Some recent ones of him :)

IMGP0482.jpg

IMGP0490.jpg

IMGP0510.jpg

Love your puppy pics Laeral. I pick up our pure black GSD puppy next week :)

There he is at 6 weeks, ears up already :)

congratulations :laugh:

I have a real soft spot for the blacks. Make sure you post photos when you get him/her

I was hoping for a pure black which was a possibility in this litter and the whole 5 were born pure black :laugh: We love the pure black GSD's, they are beautiful.