Adelaide K9 Force Seminar - 8th May

Sounds good SecretKei.

I think my mine is along a similar line but also I think I came to the realization drive is unquantifiable and in the end it actually doesn't matter so long as you have enough of it to complete what you set out to achieve. And its also not the be all and end all. Drive alone doesn't define success.

And the biggy - I will always have the best dogs in the world in my backyard :banghead: . There is no such thing as a dud :eek: .

I should print that one out in large font and stick it across my desk at the office and at home for when I have had a disaster of a training session.

Edited by ness

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always have the best dogs in the world in my backyard :banghead: . There is no such thing as a dud :o .

I should print that one out in large font and stick it across my desk at the office and at home for when I have had a disaster of a training session.

And when you do you can laminate me a copy and send it here - so that I can stick it on my forehead :eek: I guess I learnt that too :)

God and I thought I was impatient :banghead: .

K9: Who said you werent? lol..

I have to say there is a real problem with attending dog training workshops and that is my level of dog training motivation always increases and my motivation to think about anything else for the next week or so always diminishes :o .

MRB we could always start out discussion here while waiting for Steve :eek: . I was going to start a so if we had to pick one take home message from the workshop what would it be discussion.

Any body else want to play :) .

K9: Ok ok! lol discussion has been started! I just opened it on Facebook...

K9 wrote: Who said you werent? lol..

:banghead::eek::o:) I did.

Oh but Steve is always right - he said to me if I thought his emails were good he was even better in person. He is definitely very passionate about his job and once you get him started he would go on indefinitely :thanks: . I have to say though he certainly wasn't as scary as I thought he would be :cheer: .

If he ever decided to retire from the dog business he seems to do a pretty good job of analyzing people :heart: .

Edited by ness

I was going to start a so if we had to pick one take home message from the workshop what would it be discussion.

Any body else want to play :banghead: .

The big one for me was "Give the dog enough leash so he can make a choice"

Hi Steve

it was a fantastic workshop and thanks to Ness and KHM for their efforts to have the day be very smooth and relaxed.

I have the Boston and my daughter has the black lab. we were talking on Sunday about wanting more work done with him and i explained to my daughter and her partner that you were in NSW.

Steve, what makes it more remarkable is that the black lab does not like men and he took to your energy and approach very well, surprising us all.

I am sure we will find a way for you to keep working with him and for us to help him become a more secure dog.

cheers jay

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

Hi Steve

it was a fantastic workshop and thanks to Ness and KHM for their efforts to have the day be very smooth and relaxed.

I have the Boston and my daughter has the black lab. we were talking on Sunday about wanting more work done with him and i explained to my daughter and her partner that you were in NSW.

K9: Ahh great to hear from you, the distance doesnt need to be a barrier, just have her email me on [email protected] as soon as possible and we can keep going.

Steve, what makes it more remarkable is that the black lab does not like men and he took to your energy and approach very well, surprising us all.

K9: Yes I did notice about ten minutes before when Frank walked by he showed avoidance but not when anotehr girl did, I sensed he had an issue with men, so I let out my femine side lol...

We were good mates in no time.

Look forward to hearing from her...

Hi Steve

K9: Ahh great to hear from you, the distance doesnt need to be a barrier, just have her email me on [email protected] as soon as possible and we can keep going.

K9: Yes I did notice about ten minutes before when Frank walked by he showed avoidance but not when anotehr girl did, I sensed he had an issue with men, so I let out my femine side lol...

We were good mates in no time.

Look forward to hearing from her...

lol you were teriffic!! will tell her to email you.

Does nobody else do facebook :rofl: - I spy MRB down the bottom of this page. You will find a discussion there now - somebody else come and post something exciting. I have had my 5 min of fun stirring Steve :thumbsup: .

Edited by ness

And the biggy - I will always have the best dogs in the world in my backyard :D . There is no such thing as a dud ;) .

My excuse for Pele has been "She a Bull Terrier, not a Border Collie" :p Might have to change it ;)

Poor Pele - she is awesome no need to compare her to one of those bloody black and white things ;) .

I was wondering earlier if the success of a TID session is directly proportional to the amount of blood drawn in the process of having the session ;) :love::):):) . If so then tonights session was a real success.

I also have one black and white dog who is making a serious lier out of me. I was busy saying to a few people at the workshop how out of all the toys I have used to train with she really wasn't ever into the orbee on a rope. Well it appears that isn't really the case :D . She does do orbees. Maybe its just my hands that don't do orbees :p .

Edited by ness

Poor Pele - she is awesome no need to compare her to one of those bloody black and white things ;) .

I was wondering earlier if the success of a TID session is directly proportional to the amount of blood drawn in the process of having the session ;) :love::):):) . If so then tonights session was a real success.

I also have one black and white dog who is making a serious lier out of me. I was busy saying to a few people at the workshop how out of all the toys I have used to train with she really wasn't ever into the orbee on a rope. Well it appears that isn't really the case :D . She does do orbees. Maybe its just my hands that don't do orbees :p .

I didn't buy an orbee cos' I was afraid that I could lose a finger :) Thought it much safer to stick with the other tuggy. The little skunk was only mildly interested in it yesterday :cry: I've got a Kong rubber ball with a hole in the middle, so might put a rope thru' the middle, slightly longer that the rope on the orbee and give that a try :D

Poor Pele - she is awesome no need to compare her to one of those bloody black and white things :D .

Still rather have Pele in the backyard than one of those black and white things :p

I don't mind my black and whites but I do agree they are an acquired taste :D . Even working Ness tonight felt just right, been a while since she has done a nice session (or probably more to the point I haven't found anything negative to dwell on) :p .