Whats This On My Girls Snout

APBT

Take the dog to the vet for a proper diagnosis.

I agree and I see you're going this afternoon - good decision, it would be silly to go to the vet to buy meds over the counter and not get a proper diagnosis?!

Edited by Aziah

from this morning

White tailed spiders can produce that. :)

only in humans though as far as I am aware. :provoke: I sooo hope that is the case.

Please let us know how it all goes at the vet APBT

Off topic (now) but no, I've seen a similar reaction on a horse. :cool:

he sed it was a ringworm type fungus, most likely got it from digging her snout around the dirt, cream and 10 days worth of antibiotics.

cheers for your input everyone

How did he diagnosis that, did he use the special light?

he sed it was a ringworm type fungus, most likely got it from digging her snout around the dirt, cream and 10 days worth of antibiotics.

cheers for your input everyone

just showed my vet - he said same thing and its called a kerion.

there was a small hot spot on her head aswell, seems to have gotten worse aswell, the cream and antibotics will keep it down tho. not growing anywhere as fast as the other.

nose isent looking much better yet tho, he sed about 10 days or so

so frustrating the dog just cant resist licking the cream of her nose, dosent surprise me though, Do these creams still take effect even when they get licked off, i rub it into the area for a while so it gets right in there.

Edited by APBT

With the cream I'm using for the spot on my bitch's leg, the vet said to put it on her before she eats or goes for a walk so she is distracted for a while and the cream has a chance to be absorbed... Apparently this cream has a numbing agent as well so it stops the site irritating the dog.

I note your girl's lump is fungal. My vet checked the spot on my dog's foot with a black light and it didn't flouresce (sp?).... she said that only @ 50% of fungal issues do. My bitch also had an enlarged lymph node in her neck on the same side as the affected leg pointing more to some type of infection. She said that if it was fungal the spot would get worse within 3 days of applying the cream, if it wasn't it would start improving (which it did). My girl has just finished the 10 day course of antibiotics and is still having the cream applied 2-3 times daily.... the spot has decreased to half it's size and is no longer raised or angry looking so definitely on the road to recovery.

Hope your girl heals quickly for you too :thumbsup:

Edited by caslero

so frustrating the dog just cant resist licking the cream of her nose, dosent surprise me though, Do these creams still take effect even when they get licked off, i rub it into the area for a while so it gets right in there.

Similar to Caslero .... I put aloe vera on my boy's pads (the reason is another story) and he enjoys licking it off. So I put some on his muzzle/nose as well. That tends to distract him away from his feet and by the time he's finished licking his nose he's quite often forgotten about his feet.

I agree with Caslero - try walking him out to see if that will distract him enough. But if that won't stop his tongue licking the stuff off, try putting something on (eg) his foreleg instead (I mean, something that you know is ok to lick). Perhaps it might serve to keep his tongue busy enough until he's forgotten about the stuff on his nose?