Litters Due June 2010

Well we are going from bad to worse :laugh:

Lost a little boy last night and another one this morning we have 3 boys left and I expect that will be 2 by this afternoon

They go from feeding well and vigorously to limp within an hour never seen anything like it ;)

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for your losses Monteba. It is so sad losing babies one after the other. My only suggestions are to ensure they are warm so that they are able to digest their mothers milk and speak with your vet in case they can pinpoint why this might be happening.

Sorry guys, no wigglebum news yet - she is the most stubborn of princesses.

I can tell you that if you let her out the door without a lead on she makes a beline for the kennel adn when you call her out of the kennel to take her for a wee, she tries to hide under the fir tree in the garden. So I have put the 'drapes' around the whelping box and made it more a 'den'.

Being a maiden I have no guide on her real behaviour, for two days her temp has been hovering around 37.4, last night and again this morning it was 37.1 so it is going down. Just took her temp again and its still 37.1.

I have been at work all day and OH has been here to midwife - she has done a small amount of nesting - just scratched up a couple of sheets of paper - and has a slight dark discharge.

Have been giving her three smaller meals instead of two for the last couple of days - she just had her second meal and ate the meat but left the biscuits. She usually shovels the food in.

But there is some panting and that continuous 'looking back', so perhaps slight contractions have started. But she is still wiggly and happy so who knows.

Mercedes, sounds like it won't be too long till she starts. Good luck, can't wait to hear. One of my girls, ate all her dinner just before she began whelping and she was also quite normal and happy right up to the start of labour. So they are all different and you just don't know with a maiden bitch. Hope all goes really well for you.