Litters Due June 2010

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to report that our little chocolate boy has died today :mad

Poppys milk has dried up due to the surgery so we are handfeeding the babies which makes the loss even harder because you build up a stronger bond I think, with the luttle ones when you hand feed

Sorry to hear that you lost the Brown boy, very sad.

Can you get some Metomide from the vet? That is supposed to be good to help Millk Supply.

We hand rasied our first liter of 12, so know what you will be feeling in a couple of weeks!! We weaned them as early as possibly to take the stress off us.

Are you in Australia?

Poppys milk has dried up due to the surgery so we are handfeeding the babies which makes the loss even harder because you build up a stronger bond I think, with the luttle ones when you hand feed

Im so sorry to hear xo

Sad to report that our little chocolate boy has died today :)

Gee wizz the June thread certainly haven't had a great a great run. God or the angles are very greedy this month taking so many new born puppies over the rainbow bridge.

Lets hope the remaining pups are strong fighters. Sorry for the loss one. :mad

Wow, Gelbregen, is 10 a big litter for whippets?, Congratulations, and sorry to hear of your loss.

yes 10 does seem to be large, but her mother also had 10 in her first litter

looks like i am going to loose the black parti bitch today, just not putting weight on even with tube feeding :mad

All litters expected for June have arrived, some with sadness, but unfortunately that is part of what happens with breeding.

Hope that all those puppies which have arrived safely are doing well. :cry:

We have just started weaning, they are not taking much but every little bit counts.

Why are you weaning them at 2 weeks???

All litters expected for June have arrived, some with sadness, but unfortunately that is part of what happens with breeding.

Hope that all those puppies which have arrived safely are doing well. :cry:

We have just started weaning, they are not taking much but every little bit counts.

Why are you weaning them at 2 weeks???

Her pups are nearly 3 weeks old..

Teamsnag - my babies are nearly three weeks tomorrow as well but since their dam has heaps of milk, I won't be introducing food until closer to four weeks.

Ahh ok.. my guys are 4 weeks tomorrow *faint*

There on 2 small meals a day and they love it!.. I think 850grams shows it LOL

Dakota still does feed too but not as much as she used too i think its cos they have teeth :cry:

Edited by TeamSnag

Our litter are three weeks old tomorrow, Bree still has plenty of milk and they are porkers. We are giving a little food twice a day and will continue to do so, increase the amount each day and introduce another two feeds. We have not weaned quite this early before but if the litter are happy to take the food so be it. We have started doing this in consultation with the owner of the stud dog and a friend who breeds shelties, both of whom have in excess of 55 years experience in breeding. :mad

Sorry to hear that you lost the Brown boy, very sad.

Can you get some Metomide from the vet? That is supposed to be good to help Millk Supply.

We hand rasied our first liter of 12, so know what you will be feeling in a couple of weeks!! We weaned them as early as possibly to take the stress off us.

Are you in Australia?

I used Metomide with my Rottie bitch - her last litter was 6 days premature (em C section) it took 10 days for her milk to come through and I really believe had it not been for the metomide tabs and Fenugreek powder she may not have had any milk at all. She weaned them herself at 10 weeks old. She had heaps of milk within 24 hrs of taking the tabs.

Good luck.

Well my red/white slugs will also be a week old tomorrow :o .

They are doing well, all have doubled their weight by day 5 or 6, which really surprised me :laugh: .

Ochre is doing so well, very proud of her, as a first time mother...

I have put pics of them up on my website, which is www.langarni-rajacadoo.com taken at 4 days :o ...

Edited by rajacadoo