New Imports

I had dogs due into Melbourne tonight but due to the volcano they are currently still in Europe :grouphug:

Everything is so up in the air at the moment I don't know what to do. The only good thing is they are still with the breeder.

Is anyone else currently going through the same frustration?

I was wondering this afternoon how many dogs in transit have been left stranded. Everything on the news is about the people. Glad to hear your dogs are still safe with the breeder.

We have the reverse problem ~ we were exporting a puppy to Europe on Tuesday but her flight was cancelled. So Miss Sylvi is with us for at least another week, not that we mind she is very sweet and loves playing with her brother. I would rather the airlines be confident and happy than rush into flying.

~ Wishing your puppy a safe trip ~

We have the reverse problem ~ we were exporting a puppy to Europe on Tuesday but her flight was cancelled.

Had this exact same thing happen to me some years ago.

A puppy due to fly to the USA on 11th September 2001. Unfortunately he had already been sent over to Melbourne to have all of the quarantine work done in preparation for his flight out. Because there was no idea when flights would resume, the shipper suggested he stay there with them so that they could get him on a flight at a moments' notice. He was there for a month. If I'd known it would be that long, he would have come home again but we trusted the shipper. :grouphug:

A puppy due to fly to the USA on 11th September 2001. Unfortunately he had already been sent over to Melbourne to have all of the quarantine work done in preparation for his flight out. Because there was no idea when flights would resume, the shipper suggested he stay there with them so that they could get him on a flight at a moments' notice. He was there for a month. If I'd known it would be that long, he would have come home again but we trusted the shipper. :grouphug:

That's no good Ellz.

It's hard to know what is the best thing when everything is up in the air.

Just got a bit more news, the airline won't carry any live animals until next week.

Malaysia are shipping live animals again, as are Thai as far as I know - this is at least in an export capacity to Europe.

Still waiting for new date and new paperwork from AQIS.

Hopefully everything will return to normal soon and everyone can get where they are supposed to be :rofl: .

Our girl has just left for Italy via Thailand today. She is flying Thai airways. I think they are moving the animals through pretty quickly ((it took us a week to reschedule), as for people they will be waiting for weeks.

That would be a pain having to organise everything again, hope your new baby arrives soon :laugh: