I Just Reported A Pet Shop

HugUrPup

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I rang up the RSPCA to ask about a case that another DOLer reported I was told that the Inspector had up to 2 weeks to complete a report and they could only give that information to the person that reported it. I would ring tomorrow and ask for a Senior Inspecttor, give them the details and request that it is followed up and you are contacted immediately with the findings.

One thing I can't understand - how can anyone stand to work in those conditions where animals are being treated so badly? :thumbsup:

I may have an inkling of what pet shop you're referring to, and if it's the same one, I've heard nothing but horrible things about it.

They also occasionally have ferrets - i once saw a family buying two who had never heard of ferrets until they walked in... the 'advice' the worker there had was sooo scarily incorrect... i had to run out before exploding. (i have ferrets... they're not for just 'anybody' trust me!!)

I always wanted a ferret was driving though a town stopped at a petshop bought 1 the info they gave me Lets just say thank god for ozferret.com.au coz the petshop told me crap for a quick sale I knew more then them from researching ferrets I made her into a beautiful pet they cost a fair bit to set up right (desexing is a must) After buying her I reckon petshops should only be allowed to sell pet products, birds and fish. The birds and fish they should be watched

Edited by Luvmy4

Congratulations to everyone taking action. I certainly would if I saw such a horrible scenario.

The idea about ACA/TT is really interesting, it would be wonderful because it would raise the issues to the public so more people will be noticing, asking questions and reporting.

I just got a phone call from the RSPCA :rofl: the woman was really helpful.

The kittens were dehydrated from being transported the day before and the fleas came from the "breeder".

They are no longer allowed to put them in the shop for sale unless all the animals are 100% healthy and they are having monthly visits from the inspectors for the next few months.

If they screw up again the RSPCA will take them to court :rofl: for RSPCA and :rofl: for the pet shop.

Edited by puggerup

wow... that's really good puggerup!

well done! :rofl:

Well done, not the best outcome but certainly a glimmer of hope. :rofl: Breaks your heart to hear the poor baby animals suffering. :rofl:

As for the sale of pregnant guinea pigs don't be suprised if the store mated these on purpose as some parents like the kids to experience the birth of animals and also if they can get $40 for a guinea pig thats more $$$ in sellers there pocket. Remembering these folks aren't promoting for animal health, they are there for dollar value only. :o

Im upset today too, seeing on a online pet sales advertisement 6 week old Cavalier puppies "ready for new homes", each with birth defects. :rofl: Another case of BYB.

Oh poo about the cavaliers :rofl: I have a 10 week old here which I got yesterday and am babysitting for my ex partners parents until next week and I feel even 10 weeks is still too young.

She is a ball of energy though :rofl:

Edited by puggerup