Video Of Pets Being Euthanased ..

tivins

This is so sad but unfortunately it's not going to stop. I totally agree with Dust Angel that the general public needs to be made aware of the issue. So many people aren't aware of puppy farmers, etc. I also think that people should need a licence for having pets. I agree that only registered breeders should be allowed to sell pups but there needs to be much stricter rules put in place for breeders to ensure that only sound, healthy dogs are bred and breeders don't decide to increase prices because they are the only place to get a pup.

I agree but there are Registered breeders and Reputable Registered breeders, not all regsieterd breeders are reputable ( even though they should be) All breeders need to be monitored to some extend, and I am a registered breeder and by all accounts reputable! lol

I can account for every puppy and where they are :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very heart-wrenching..i thought its just another snippets of emanciated dogs behind cages, malnourished, neglected, abuse etc..Those that u see on 'rspca animal rescue' type.. i never work/volunteer in shelters, but i know euthanasia takes place but its more like 'out of sight, out of mind' ... this vid is an eye-opener for me, that this is happening n its real...

Bybs should see this, pet shop owners, local councils, those people browsing on tradingpost looking at buying a puppy..friends, family members..The media..we read about 'dog being put down for biting...' a friend said, 'they'l be alright, its just another dog'..huh???!?!? the reply made me sick..if they are deemed as dangerous n a risk, fair enough...what abt the surrenders n the abandoned ones, victims of irresponsible owners? its not just 'another dog', pounds are full with them..

ive passed on this vid for my friends to watch, if they dont break-down n feel remorsed n somehow felt guilty of being 'human', i dont know what to say :) (end of rant).....

Edited by tivins

Very powerful video well done

This is what I did every week for many years,.

Take care of others peoples business and euth their dogs, people can be so cruel and generally give the eth task to someone else, at least I know EVERY dog I put to sleep left this world with a pat and a good feeling of love.

I worked at a relatively small area, but still the waste of dogs each week was shocking I call this pic

"Mans best friend Hmph!"

post-9555-1272083639_thumb.jpg

I would like to see a law in place that breeding dogs is illegal in the same fashion as growing dope. Bandaid fixes, compulsory desexing etc etc, doesn't work and it needs to be addressed at the beginning, even jail terms for puppy farmers and repeat offenders. Breeding should be conducted only by registered breeders IMO and to criminalise random breeding will soon reduce the problem. There has to be laws controlling the breeding of animals full stop I think.

Yeh

and that worked didn't it? :laugh:

:laugh:

Random breeding is where the problem lays and when no laws prevent it, whacko, breed what you like, when you like :rofl: Sure it would continue but to a far lesser extent bearing in mind, there is not quite the same profit margins in illegal dog breeding than growing dope is there???. There is no place for random breedings whatsoever which need to be stopped.

People making unwise or stupid choices is the problem, the majority of animals in the pounds system are in there because the owner did not choose an animal that suited their lifestyle or their ability..

ETA you can legislate all you like people will still make stupid choices

Edited by Crisovar

I have seen this video before and still breaks my heart!!

The big brown dogs eyes before the needle does it for me. He was sooo scared!! I also didnt like how it took soooo long for him to pass!! It seemed they didnt put enough "green dream" in the needle!! :laugh:

Edited by Beaglelover:)

I would like to see a law in place that breeding dogs is illegal in the same fashion as growing dope. Bandaid fixes, compulsory desexing etc etc, doesn't work and it needs to be addressed at the beginning, even jail terms for puppy farmers and repeat offenders. Breeding should be conducted only by registered breeders IMO and to criminalise random breeding will soon reduce the problem. There has to be laws controlling the breeding of animals full stop I think.

Yeh

and that worked didn't it? :confused:

:)

Random breeding is where the problem lays and when no laws prevent it, whacko, breed what you like, when you like :madSure it would continue but to a far lesser extent bearing in mind, there is not quite the same profit margins in illegal dog breeding than growing dope is there???. There is no place for random breedings whatsoever which need to be stopped.

Err I think drug use amongst the populace is quite endemic, though illegalisation did help to increase the profit margin.

At the end of the day, if the community at large think random breedings are okay, then it is.

Laws should be a reflection of society value systems.

Random breedings are not the crux of the problem.

Black Bronson

I would be very interested to know what YOU term as Random Breeding ??

It was quite a sad video, but if it wasn't for random breeding I wouldn't have my girl abby a bull terrier whippet cross. If you can't stop bogans having uprotected casual sex I doubt your going to stop their dogs. :)

Edited by mervin

Very powerful video well done

This is what I did every week for many years,.

Take care of others peoples business and euth their dogs, people can be so cruel and generally give the eth task to someone else, at least I know EVERY dog I put to sleep left this world with a pat and a good feeling of love.I worked at a relatively small area, but still the waste of dogs each week was shocking I call this pic

"Mans best friend Hmph!"

Absolutely agree, who better than to spend the last moments of your life with than someone who genuinely loves & cares. Of the thousands upon thousands of animals that I saw leave this world, from the 'loved' to the abused to the starving to the feral, each and every single one had a kind voice, a kind hand and at least a few minutes of respect given to them.. Some had never known what a gentle pat was ever in their life or a soft reasurring voice, at the very least I got to show them that and even if it were for only a few minutes, I got to show them what life should have been :)

Very Sad Video. Couldn't stop crying. I'm not a person who cries easily. It is horrific.

Dogs love us and we are killing them! I've worked at shelter's and experienced first hand

what they are doing! I'll never forget Duke's sould leaving his body!

R.I.P. Duke you were a wonderful staffy boy!!!! :D :):):mad:) ;) :):confused: ;)

I hope wherever you are, you are happy!!!!!

XXToughgirlXXxxx

Yeh

and that worked didn't it? :love:

:love:

Random breeding is where the problem lays and when no laws prevent it, whacko, breed what you like, when you like :love:Sure it would continue but to a far lesser extent bearing in mind, there is not quite the same profit margins in illegal dog breeding than growing dope is there???. There is no place for random breedings whatsoever which need to be stopped.

Err I think drug use amongst the populace is quite endemic, though illegalisation did help to increase the profit margin.

At the end of the day, if the community at large think random breedings are okay, then it is.

Laws should be a reflection of society value systems.

Random breedings are not the crux of the problem.

Of course random breedings are the reason why there are too many dogs to home, most are cross breeds and what's the purpose of these breedings.............none that I can see :love:

Black Bronson

I would be very interested to know what YOU term as Random Breeding ??

It was quite a sad video, but if it wasn't for random breeding I wouldn't have my girl abby a bull terrier whippet cross. If you can't stop bogans having uprotected casual sex I doubt your going to stop their dogs. :love:

It's good that you are happy with your girl Abby Mervin, but I don't support the breeding of cross bred dogs and is the reason I joined DOL being a "pure breed dog community".