Äccredited Breeder Scheme

smooth

Dogs NSW is proposing a Accredited Breeder Scheme, voluntary to begin with , but it will no doubt become either compulsory or at least psuedo compulsory if registered breeders wish to retain legitimacy in the eyes of the puppy purchasing public.

R.I.P MBDA?

Dogs NSW is proposing a Accredited Breeder Scheme, voluntary to begin with , but it will no doubt become either compulsory or at least psuedo compulsory if registered breeders wish to retain legitimacy in the eyes of the puppy purchasing public.

R.I.P MBDA?

Who are you smooth? Very fresh and new?

R.I.P MBDA?

DogsNSW need to gain support of their members and alleviate member concerns

regarding the running of DogsNSW

and the conflicts of interest plaguing the current Board.

Until members see changes

they wont be granting the impotent and incompetent DogsNSW board

any more powers

ie: x) inspection of kennels and records if requested by DOGS NSW

Perhaps it would be more fitting if DogsNSW proposed

an Accredited DogsNSw Board Member Scheme.

Edited by lilli

R.I.P MBDA?

Could you please explain the meaning of "psuedo compulsory"?

And, btw, the correct spelling is "pseudo"

Souff

No I've had a chat with some people about what that will be and there are many things that will still make the MDBA different. This was always going to happen and its already in England

The aim of the MDBA was always to work with the CCs and encourage more people to join them. They never were and never will be our competition.

In fact one of the directors of Dogs NSW is an MDBA breeder member. The MDBA will support them in any way we can. Its a great idea.

No I've had a chat with some people about what that will be and there are many things that will still make the MDBA different. This was always going to happen and its already in England

The aim of the MDBA was always to work with the CCs and encourage more people to join them. They never were and never will be our competition.

In fact one of the directors of Dogs NSW is an MDBA breeder member. The MDBA will support them in any way we can. Its a great idea.

And this is the spirit that will keep organisations like MDBA going long into the future. :)

This was always going to happen and its already in England

I read about the UK ABS when looking at the consequences of the Purebred Dogs Exposed kerfuffle.

Their scheme seems to 'sit' beside their laws regarding the breeding & sale of dogs.

I wonder how DOGS NSW will configure the scheme here.

With the general unrest of DogsNSW members with the board, and other things have to wonder how this will go.

The UK KC accredited breeder scheme has a cost factor.

Some UK breeders wont support it because they say they pay, but there is really no difference, except the KC gets more money. I don't know much about it, but those breeders are ones I would import from.

As far as NSW is concerned, there is already dissatisfaction that breeders records are channelled to a department at Sydney University, which is demonstrably against purebred dogs, and wishes to force EBV and COI on mostly unwilling breeders. Additionally, I understand hip scores have also been given to Sydney university, supposedly for evaluation, and dissemination of the results to breeders, but this has never been done, and recent scores are not available. Not sure how accurate this latter is, but it does seem to be so, according to the vets who are scoring the x rays.

Edited by Jed