Melbourne Royal Schedule Is Out

SwaY

Thanks for that Sway - my Journal is not here yet so appreciated the lookie see. A quick question ........ are there no online entries like last year? I know Estelle had lots of dramas so it won't surprise me if this is so.

I said last year, I would never do the Royal again - sigh ....... what a difference a year makes and I'll have to eat my words! :)

Cheers

Gaela

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot believe the judge with the GSD experience is not doing GSDs.

I was led to believe (some months ago) that the Canadian with the Terrier experience was judging Terriers. I see now we have the Japanese judge. :laugh: Be a bit of hard work for breeds like ours :D - just little brown dogs that don't look groomed and flashy, but I now have an attitude that the Royal is the show where I catch up with everyone I haven't seen for a while and have a bit of fun. Anything more than that is a bonus and I am sure there are some exhibitors who are :) :cool: with the excitement of seeing who is judging. Plenty of other shows in the year.

I know there were some real dramas for the organisers with the RAS changing the dates and judges having signed contracts years ahead. Good to see this did not break their stride. These people do everything they can to help and support the exhibitors but the RAS almost works against them. Standing ovation for the people that work on this and do everything in their power to go into battle for us and our dogs.

Gaela

Thanks for that Sway - my Journal is not here yet so appreciated the lookie see. A quick question ........ are there no online entries like last year? I know Estelle had lots of dramas so it won't surprise me if this is so.

I said last year, I would never do the Royal again - sigh ....... what a difference a year makes and I'll have to eat my words! :(

Cheers

Gaela

I thought that after the drive home! It took soooo long just to get through Flemington and past the zoo! Still, it was a nice day with a lovely atmosphere and a fun day for my daughters toboot.

Perhaps the RAS will change the time we can leave til later!!!!! So that dogs are still there for the public.

no no no ..... LOL

So glad it still says 5pm (thats long enough) - I'll happily battle the traffic :(

There are Sweepstakes each day(except Friday 24th) starting at 6pm, so if people want to stay longer you probably can ..........

So many Sweepstakes !!!! with many of them on the Monday / Tuesday ... bit of an "anti climax" isn't it with BIS being judged on the Saturday ?

Edited by Dellcara

:thumbsup: I am with you Dellcara, I would rather be in traffic than sitting waiting for the gates to open :)

At least you maybe moving towards home......

I see we have the Canadian judge, but they have spilt the Toys also, but a Royal is a Royal ;)

I agree good time to catch up with everybody as they are not going anywhere untill 5pm :(

I was led to believe (some months ago) that the Canadian with the Terrier experience was judging Terriers. I see now we have the Japanese judge. :) Be a bit of hard work for breeds like ours ;) - just little brown dogs that don't look groomed and flashy,

Sounds like the Fauves :thumbsup: and we got the Japanese Judge as well. Oh well - I can't wait to go this year :(

Dr Tamas Jakkel (Hungary)

Group 5 WORKING and Working Group Specials.

Part Group 1 TOYS: (Australian Silky Terriers, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Part Group 3 GUNDOGS: (Labradors, Weimaraners & Weimaraners (Long Hair)).

Part Group 4 HOUNDS: (Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen, All Dachshunds & Whippets).

GENERAL SPECIALS – BEST IN SHOW

Although not his first visit to Australia we are pleased to welcome Tamas to the 2010 Royal Melbourne Show. He

started his very successful breeding programme in 1972 with English Cocker Spaniels, extending this to

incorporate Dachshund Smooth Haired (standard and miniature) and Miniature Poodles.

In 1985 he became an FCI Show judge and an all rounder in 2001. He is currently President of both the Hungarian Spaniel Association and

the Hungarian Kennel Club's Judges' Board. Tamas also holds positions on the FCI European Section and the FCI Judges' Commission,

whilst maintaining his profession as a surgeon at the State National Medical Centre in Budapest. Having judged in fifty different countries

over five continents we trust that Tamas will enjoy Melbourne’s hospitality and enthusiasm.

With his wealth of experience, we welcome Tamas to the panel and trust he enjoys his judging at the 2010 Royal Melbourne Show.

Mr Satoshi Bessho (Japan)

Group 2 TERRIERS and Terrier Group Specials.

Part Group 3 GUNDOGS (LESS Labradors, Weimaraners & Weimaraners (Long Hair))

and Gundog Group Specials.

Satoshi has been familiar with dogs since childhood and was involved in showing Akitas, Japanese Spitz and

German Shepherd Dogs at the age of 10. He began breeding Pomeranians in 1975 and has also been

involved in breeding German Shepherd Dogs, Papillons, Toy Poodles and Standard Poodles.

Satoshi received his All Breeds license in 2002 and his qualifications are recognised by the FCI, AKU and the

JKC. He has judged at many shows throughout Japan including the FCI International Dog Show and the JKC

National Pomeranian Specialty Shows, and has judged in Mexico, New Zealand, the Republic of China and

Thailand.

We are pleased to extend a warm welcome to Satoshi on his visit to Melbourne and we are sure the dog fraternity will welcome him to the

2010 Royal Melbourne Show.

Mr Minoru Fujita (Japan)

Group 6 UTILITY and Utility Group Specials.

Part Group 4 HOUNDS (LESS Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen, All Dachshunds & Whippets)

and Hound Group Specials.

Since 1970, Minoru has bred and exhibited Pomeranians, then moved on to Shetland Sheepdogs,

Chihuahuas, Shih Tzu and Maltese. He has also been involved with breeding Golden Retrievers, Papillions

and Yorkshire Terriers.

Minoru qualified as an All Breeds judge in 1970, his qualifications also being recognised by the FCI and the

Asian Kennel Union. He has had wide-ranging judging experience throughout Japan, including the FCI

International Dog Show. Minoru has also judged in Thailand, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, New

Zealand and the Republic of China.

We welcome Minoru Fujita to the 2010 Royal Melbourne Show and trust he will enjoy his assignment.

Mr Bruce Owen (Canada)

Group 7 NON-SPORTING and Non-Sporting Group Specials.

Group 1 TOYS (LESS Australian Silky Terriers & Cavalier King Charles Spaniels) and Toy

Group Specials.

Whilst Bruce has judged in Australia previously, this is his first visit to Melbourne. His involvement in

purebred dogs began in 1957. He started breeding and showing dogs in 1964 with Yorkshire Terriers,

Chihuahuas, Miniature Poodles, Brussels Griffons and West Highland White Terriers. Bruce has bred

Griffons since 1965 winning not only Speciality shows but also the Toy Group at Westminster in 1986.

Bruce started judging in 1980 and received All Breed status in 1992. His judging assignments have taken

him to all parts of the World including the USA, Canada, Argentina, Chile, Brazil and South Africa to name just a few. Bruce still breeds and

exhibits West Highland White Terriers and Brussels Griffons.

We trust Bruce will enjoy judging at the 2010 Royal Melbourne Show and are pleased that he accepted the invitation to judge.

The many sweepstakes scheduled could be interesting, and why run most of them the day after General Specials?

Why not in the middle of the royal?

One advantage I can seee for participating in the nightly sweepstakes is avoiding the ques out the gate, then for parking

along the road, then driving past Flemington at a snail pace.

Plus once you have been judged you CAN LEAVE don't have to hang around afterwards.

BB

The many sweepstakes scheduled could be interesting, and why run most of them the day after General Specials?

Why not in the middle of the royal?

One advantage I can seee for participating in the nightly sweepstakes is avoiding the ques out the gate, then for parking

along the road, then driving past Flemington at a snail pace.

Plus once you have been judged you CAN LEAVE don't have to hang around afterwards.

BB

I think you have to stay and be an exhibit for the general public until 5 pm.

AMENDMENTS TO THE 2010 DOG JUDGING PROGRAM

Please note:

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Labrador Retrievers were omitted from the Schedule and will be judged FIRST breed on the day.

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels will be judged on WEDNESDAY 22 SEPT BY DR TAMAS JAKKEL and will be the FIRST breed judged.

Labrador Retrievers will be judged on THURSDAY 23 SEPT BY DR TAMAS JAKKEL and will be the FIRST breed judged.

• 1 month later...

Ok can someone please explain the running of the sweepstakes?

What are the nightly ss? I was thinking of entering the owner handler breeder ss but dont think i will bother if i have to come back on a seperate day for it.

Also how do you enter in the JH comp is it entries on the day?

Thanks in advance