Hydrobath Problem

Just turned on my hydrobath heater and it is tripping the safety switch. It is just a year old and has only been used maybe 5 times. Any ideas?

(It has never been turned on without water in it)

Can you use it without the heater?

My element burnt out and I just dont use it anymore. The bath itself is a zillion years old and Ive had it fixed many times, but as I only use it at home I dont bother now. I just bucket hot water in.

I had this happen a few years ago and all it turned out to be was a faulty "on,off" switch. Electrician replaced the switch and it is working fine.

even if the element do go I would just do what Rysup does and bucket hot water in.

I tried it today without turning the heater on and the pump works fine. So something to do with the heating. I'll call the company tomorrow. At $2,700 and used only a handful of times I want it fixed! I could have paid $500 less if I wanted to use buckets of water. And from memory there were other cheaper non-heated baths.

Who did you buy it from? Try contacting the manufacturer to see if they'll fix it.

If not, contact an electrician. If something is tripping the safety switch, it would be easy to fix.

I'm very jealous of you btw. I would kill for a heated hydrobath!!

You will be able to get it repaired.

Things that are a month out of warrenty are still repaired under warrenty.

Speak to consumer affairs if you have any issues. its not as cut and dry as they try to make out it is.

Good luck!!