Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Happy birthday Ziggy and Elbie! They grow so quickly don't they :party: Although I miss my fluffy, silly, crazy, bouncy puppy I must say I love when they grow up and become 'easier' :eek:

There is a 6 month old GR x poodle in my beginners obedience class. He is like a big fluffy bear. So full of life, as you can imagine :crazy:

Max#1, we both work fulltime in order to afford dogfood, toys and such (:D) so ours are alone from about 7:45am 'til 5pm. Ava is used to having Satch there with her so I don't know how she'd cope being by herself all day but Satch has always been happy to spend the day sleeping. Before we got Ava sometimes we would get home and he'd still be in his kennel, oblivious. We'd go rouse him, then he'd say hello, go do a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wee, have a loooooooooooooooooooong drink, come inside and go back to bed :D

I have the same guilt. I was only working about 20 hours a week when we picked Kyojin up. Now I'm working about 35 hours, and OH works full time, shift work as a nurse. So Kyojin is sometimes home all day by himself. I have no idea what he gets up to :D But I love coming home everyday to him sitting eagerly at the front gate, telling him to go around the back, and then by the time I open the laundry door, he's pelting around the back. Sometimes he comes this close to smacking into the door before it's open :eek:

Happy Birthday Elbie!!! Those shots are so lovely! My all-time favourite is the bottom right of the wee puppy ones. He was such a roly-poly puppy!

And Ziggy - lovely shots as well. That fluffy puppy face is irresistable! (And you're saying you need ANOTHER handsome man? :D )

And thanks guys for the reassurances. If there is the occasional long day or trip away - the puppy will survive I'm sure.

Last night I searched for some threads to add something to, but phew, its rough out there..... :eek:

Thanks all :D The monsters will enjoy today - but I think they enjoy every day. I keep trying to get video but they always stop when I film. They chase each other around the backyard at dizzying speed. I can't believe how fast and agile they are with the way they leap, spin and hurtle! They definitely keep each other very well-entertained. Both got a raw hide bone each for Elbie's birthday :eek: Supervised of course!

Last night I searched for some threads to add something to, but phew, its rough out there..... :party:

Max#1: You could try some of the threads that I've started. Here are some safe ones that have no flaming or nasty people.

Healthy Weight on Dogs

Sleeping Puppies

Mind and Scent Games for Puppy

Sooky Puppy

Some small successes for puppy

Others may have some 'safe' threads that they can recommend so that you can get your post count up :eek:

Good luck! :crazy: Although you may learn more than you ever wanted to know about DOLers in the Off Topic sub-forum. There was a particularly gross one about zit-squeezing recently :D

Edited by koalathebear

Happy Birthday Elborino! May you have a fantastic day and be spoiled rotten (which I am sure you will!)

KTB - I tried compiling a vid last night, but am failing miserably.. will attempt to again tonight, got like a 15minute vid of the kiddies making the house their own..

;) ;) happy birthday Elborino!

He was such a cute little pupper, and has grown into such a charming (if somewhat seal-like) dude. :clap:

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Kuma spends most of his day moving from cozy spot to cozy spot sleeping. He has done the same thing as Satch, we've come home after a long day out (I leave at 7:30 am, OH gets home around 5:00pm) found Kuma asleep in his kennel and hasn't noticed we've come home. When he goes off to pee and then comes inside and falls asleep on the rug. Yep, my full-o-beans Akita puppy :clap:

I just went swimming with Ziggy at the beach. Normally he tends to deep wade/splash about, but I thought it was warm enough for me to brave the water - so he followed me in. He's no Thorpey, but I think he was a little pleased with himself when he realised he could swim! It was sort of a belated birthday present for him.

There were also enough other doggies at the beach for him to play with. Such a social butterfly!

Wishing Signor Elborino the happiest of doglet birthdays from me and Miss Roo :laugh: :D The anniversary of his coming home day will be special again, Koala, as he has so obviously brought so much joy (and a wee bit of angst :( ) into your and Mr KTB's lives. And thus, by association, into ours too :D

I wish I could say that Miss Roo spends the entire day while I'm at work sleeping, but sadly no. She definitely knows when my car pulls into the driveway, even though she can't see me. When I walk down the side of the house to see what she's destroyed, uhhh, been up to, she's always sitting up at the gate into her yard waiting. Even today in the rain :D And going by how wet she was, she'd been there awhile.

Depending on what's been happening at school, most days I'm not home before 5pm, and tomorrow I won't be home til much later, and then off to another meeting after that. I do worry and feel guilty, but only because I don't have a verandah or enclosed area next to the house for her. The plan is to put an extension onto the house with a deck/verandah hopefully by the end of this year, but in the meantime, Roo just has her shed and her 'palace'. I'm going to have to rethink that come winter though. Ye olde $2 shoppe gazebo is not built for long term use :)

Someone from work when she found out that it was Elbie's birthday, gave me a recipe for a dog birthday cake. The cake was easy enough to make and OH helped me mix the ingredients.

elbiecake01.jpg

I have never tried to decorate a cake in my life and probably never shall again. :laugh: Peanut butter wasn't the easiest of writing materials ...

elbiecake02.jpg

elbiecake03.jpg

OH thought that they looked hilarious and asked me if I had made them look so bad to ensure no humans mistakenly ate the cake!

The dogs waited very, very patiently for their photos to be taken. I also cut out little cake 'bones' for them with a wonky 'H' and 'E' on them in peanut butter.

elbiecake04.jpg

elbiecake05.jpg

Hoover starts to get impatient

elbiecake06.jpg

Elbie seeks divine intervention and wonders if he actually has to eat the cake

elbiecake07.jpg

Hoover's distracted but Elbie continues to look very focused

elbiecake08.jpg

Doggies

elbiecake09.jpg

The Birthday Boy

elbiecake10.jpg

Edited by koalathebear

KTB - great birthday cake, what a good doggy mama you are! :rofl: (I didn't get around to it, I was thinking that carrot cake would be ok). Did the doglets like it? They are so well behaved and patient posing for all those photos!

Max#1 - keep posting - you will get to 150 soon then you get to off topic. To be honest though, its not really that exciting. :D

:D at Elbie seeking devine intervention! So funny!!

Did they end up enjoying the cake?

Max#1 - look at you getting all posty in the forums :rofl: The fruits of your labour will be the ability to see how many disfunctional people are on this forum :eek:

:rofl: also at Elbie looking for divine intervention. He always seems so plaintive - waiting and hoping! Did they eat the cake? What was the icing made out of?

And don't laugh at me for posting!

Last day of freedom...... *sigh*