Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Happy Birthday G!!

wuffles - We went camping at the Blowering Reservoir near Tumut, you guys are welcome to come with us next time we go camping. :( We have a small spare dome tent which you can borrow from us, but something bigger is always nicer. We mainly just go out and sit around, chop and collect some wood, go for walks and anything else we feel at the time. The doggies have loads of fun exploring and running around.

I thought the mozzies stayed away, but when I got home I found a heap of itchy bites everywhere.

ETA: KTB - Hehe, that 2nd photo of Elbie is so cute, love the caption that goes with it.

Edited by Clastic

KTB, Just wanted to pop over and say hi! after much searching and researching we brought an amazing pup home 5 weeks ago.

Your threads kept popping up when looking at dol for information especially the one talking about your experiences with Elbie and LOTS of biting, we're going through the same thing at the moment (well ever since day 2 hehe), having a very mouthy dog where nothing is working!! - At the moment its ignore, ignore ignore, as not much else has had an effect. Pretty scared about coming into teething and teenager!

Its really good to know there are others out there who have gone through it and come out the other end with good dogs!

So thanks for sharing and its been a pleasure seeing lots of your photos and your pups growing up :love:

Kobi says thanks as well :eat:

a rare moment in between crazies!!

th_IMG_1985.jpg

attacking my camera cord (sorry a little blurry)

th_IMG_1991.jpg

KTB, Just wanted to pop over and say hi! after much searching and researching we brought an amazing pup home 5 weeks ago.

Your threads kept popping up when looking at dol for information especially the one talking about your experiences with Elbie and LOTS of biting, we're going through the same thing at the moment (well ever since day 2 hehe), having a very mouthy dog where nothing is working!! - At the moment its ignore, ignore ignore, as not much else has had an effect. Pretty scared about coming into teething and teenager!

Its really good to know there are others out there who have gone through it and come out the other end with good dogs!

So thanks for sharing and its been a pleasure seeing lots of your photos and your pups growing up :D

Kobi says thanks as well :laugh:

a rare moment in between crazies!!

th_IMG_1985.jpg

attacking my camera cord (sorry a little blurry)

th_IMG_1991.jpg

Gorgeous :eek: I've never actually met a Visla but they look like awesome dogs!!

Kobi's Daisy: Kobi is beautiful! I've never met a Vizsla before - just a Kelpie x Vizsla!

Your threads kept popping up when looking at dol for information

:eek: How embarrassing. I need to post less - you have no idea how many people say my Elbie posts come up on google - I must have spammed the internet. Nonetheless, I'm really happy the biting/mouthing thread was helpful for you - not all pups are mouthy but when they are ... :laugh:

Apologies for the delay in welcoming you. I have been embroiled in DOL shenanigans which are beyond stupid. I am stupid for getting embroiled - as if one can ever counter toxicity?

Hi Kobi's Daisy :hug:

We've all been there with puppy problems- Koala just is more brave when it comes to posting :(

Please come back and visit us. DOL can be a bit daunting to new members. Rest assured, we're all very nice in our cosy corner though :(

Not brave. Stooopid. Someone needs to stop me :(And yeah, I know the meanies are probably reading this. :(

Tonight, I wish to write about Canine Cat Nip, being this:

880194_toilet_paper_roll.jpg

Recently I wrote that a sin-binned Hoover was found happily playing with a toilet roll in the bathroom, blissfully unaware that he was being Punished and Shunned. Yesterday, Hoover disappeared ... OH went looking for him in Hoover's favourite sunny patch of the house. Not there. Then he looked in Hoover's crate and found traces of shredded toilet roll - the little monster had clearly gone on a reconnaissance mission, stolen a toilet roll, taken it back to his lair, chewed it up and then run away :hug:

Edited by koalathebear

Hoover has developed a bad but funny habit of standing next to the little bin in the toilet and staring at it covetously. You can see that he is dying to dunk his nose in and fish out a toilet roll ... Was he born with this addiction or was it, as betsy points out, a result of subliminal messages from Kleenex??? Does he think he is a labrador????

Kobi is gorgeous! I still have a real soft spot for vizslas, after falling desperately n love with one called 'Red' when I was a teenager. He was the dog that originally inspired me with the idea that I might like to get into dog sports as well, after watching him do obedience and agility. He belonged to the breeder who bred my younger Ridgeback bitch, and he was, quite simply, the smartest dog I'd ever come across!

thanks everyone for the Vizsla love! Its amazing how many have touched peoples lives (always in a positive way its seems) as this is my first dog I thank everything that I found this breed and am able to fall in love with them first hand!

Except for the piranha teeth that seem to be getting worse by the day - though we do get a few 1/2 days where we think "omgsh i think we may have beaten this phase" only to be attacked with more crazyness than ever!!!

I know it will pass one day, although he will probably be a mouthy dog for a long while and possibly forever, life will be much easier with some bite inhibition!!!

Bring on puppy school (have finished preschool and ready for the bigger boy classes).

It IS funny the obsession dogs have with toilet rolls even 13wk puppy knows they are the best thing ever to steal and play with!!

thanks for all the welcomes too, finding DOL an amazing source of information and looking forward to a long and happy friendship :(

Okay so ages ago I promised a video of Max doing cuteness when my OH gets home. He usually gets home quite late, so the puppy is sleepy and cute when he does. Where he is standing he can see the back door - but its through two rooms - so he doesn't wait at the door. Sometimes Max'll see him coming, then come running to me and sit on me, and do 'thump thump thump' with his tail. I'm sure there's some pack dynamics going on there, but I'm stumped to interpret them :thumbsup: .

And welcome to KobiDaisy!

here is the link...

Gotta love the waggily's!

Okay so ages ago I promised a video of Max doing cuteness when my OH gets home. He usually gets home quite late, so the puppy is sleepy and cute when he does. Where he is standing he can see the back door - but its through two rooms - so he doesn't wait at the door. Sometimes Max'll see him coming, then come running to me and sit on me, and do 'thump thump thump' with his tail. I'm sure there's some pack dynamics going on there, but I'm stumped to interpret them :thumbsup: .

And welcome to KobiDaisy!

here is the link...

Gotta love the waggily's!

Awww! That's so cute :rofl:

Welcome Koby'sDaisy and congratulations on your new arrival!

So excited for you that you have found our cosy corner. Please feel free to ask as many silly questions, vent away frustrations and of course - share the cutest pics of your little one in here!!!

Hi Everyone else! I think most of you may be aware, but for those that aren't I have spent the last three days in hospital after a bit of a scare (ok, a really big scare)... Pleased to report that I am now home safe (with real working internet and non poison food!!!!), Maddie for the time being is safe and Genevieve is being the perfect little lap dog, keeping Mummy warm and in company while she is on bed rest!

As promised from the long weekend, a picture of my gromit dog!!! She is not a fan of the water at all and it was priceless watching her chase OH into the bay and then stop and realise 'Oh crap! I'm wet!', then high tail it back to the sand!!!! :laugh: She loved the freedom of running around though.

photo.jpg