Grand Champion Rules

Eridor

I was reading the DOGS NSW May gazette online this morning and it states

1000 points +

1 BIS or

2 BIG's or

4 25 point CC's

I phoned them to clarify as I had thought like many others it was 4 BIG's but I was told after the lovely lady went ansd checked that yes it is only 2 BIG's

I was reading the DOGS NSW May gazette online this morning and it states

1000 points +

1 BIS or

2 BIG's or

4 25 point CC's

I phoned them to clarify as I had thought like many others it was 4 BIG's but I was told after the lovely lady went ansd checked that yes it is only 2 BIG's

Just for NSW?

Well either the nice lady is wrong or the ANKC site is wrong because this is what is listed under Press release & i do believe the lady may be wrong

Grand Champion Title

1,000 points including

1 All Breeds Best in Show; or

4 Best in Group; or

4 Certificates of 25 points. (these could be Group, BOB or Challenge)

Tracey Barry

ANKC Administrator

Well perhaps they have moved the goal posts again as they have done in the past and perhaps it is a typo, that is why I phoned and asked. I simply posted what I was told.

Please find below a response I just received from dogs nsw to a follow up email enquiry

Dear Jacqui,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please see below an extract from Dogs NSW Rules & Regulations Part 1 Section 10.15

10.15 Grand Champion

(i) Using the point system as approved by the ANKC at the time, an animal will be required to attain the following qualifications to be eligible to the title of Grand Champion. (03/10)

1,000 points including;

1 All Breeds Best In Show; or

2 Best In Group; or

4 Certificates of 25 points (these could be Group, BOB or Challenge)

(These requirements apply to all applications lodged with Dogs NSW for the award of a title of Grand Champion after 1 January, 2010). (03/10)

(ii) The implementation date of the awarding of the title of Grand Champion be 1.1.98.

(iii) Grand Champion will not be awarded to animals retrospectively, but an animal will be eligible to be awarded the title of Grand Champion, if they gain some points towards the title of Grand Champion (1000 points) after the implementation date of the 1.1.98.

(iv) In recognition of the title Grand Champion, the Board of Directors shall issue each applicant a Certificate featuring the name of the dog and it's breeding particulars. The Board of Directors shall determine from time to time the charge to be made for each such Certificate.

(v) A title to a dog's name shall not be used unless by permission of the Board of Directors.

(vi) Any points gained by an overseas registered dog brought to Australia for the purpose of exhibition which would entitle it to the award of the title Grand Champion shall not be recognised unless such dog has been re-registered pursuant to regulation 3.1 (h) or Regulations 9.2 and 9.3 Part 1 of the Regulations or with the Canine Controlling Body of another State recognised as such by the Board of Directors. 2/04

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Dogs New South Wales

P O Box 632, St Marys NSW 1790

Ph: + 61 2 9834 3022

Fax: + 61 2 9834 3872

Email: [email protected]

Aziah I dont know what is going on, I did reply to Michelle whom emailed me and asked if and when this changed but the bit she emailed me does state Using the point system as approved by the ANKC at the time, an animal will be required to attain the following qualifications to be eligible to the title of Grand Champion. (03/10)

I am awaiting a reply to my next lot of questions

:thumbsup: It seriously cant be that hard for them to get it right.

Will be interesting to see what the correct answer ends up being because i now people who have qualified then on that make up but are lead to believe its 4 .

Totally crazy

this is the email I received back,when I asked about it being different to the ANKC and other state body websites, so hopefully some answers soon

Hi Jacqui,

I have checked and noticed the discrepancy between the ANKC and Dogs NSW Regulations. I will have it looked into and advise as soon as I can.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Dogs New South Wales

P O Box 632, St Marys NSW 1790

Ph: + 61 2 9834 3022

Fax: + 61 2 9834 3872