Flying Pup From Tasmania To Victoria

tlc

Would anyone know roughly what the cost of flying a Rotty pup from Tassie to Vic would be? Just looking for a rough cost for a friend? Thought I'd get the quickest response here, then he can do a ring around the airlines for the best price. I have no idea where to even help him start?? Thanks for any info on price!!

Best to get a few quotes from the pet carriers. Jetpets, Dogtainers, All Creatures etc. You can find a list of them here on DOL in the market place section on the front page.

ETA: I think from memory Jetpets have a depot at the Hobart Airport.

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

Thanks so much, that has given us a great start, I didn't have a clue. :thumbsup: He has found a breeder in Tassie he liked but wanted to have all the info on how to get the pup to Vic if he decides to go that way. Im just in the process now of making him a list of Rotty Breeders in Vic from the DOL breeder pages. Thanks again!

Not the same states etc but Jetpets was cheapest for me (Geelong to Adelaide), around $200 I think with crate hire (that included driving to Geelong to pick pup up and taking up to Melbourne airport) so airport to airport would have been cheaper.

Edited by fiveplusone

Pretty sure Trixie was about $320 from Brisbane to Perth including pickup from the breeder and crate hire.

It may be worth getting the breeder to ring also because Dogtainers gave my breeder a cheaper quote than they gave me.

Cost me $180 to send Stafford puppies from Hobart to Townsville and Cairns and $150 from Hobart to Melbourne (all in hire crates).

If you're interested, I can possibly put you in touch with somebody who has a crate in Tasmania that they need to get back to Melbourne, so you might be able to cut some costs there.

Guest Pandii

I flew Dante over as a pup, was $115 plus crate about 5 years ago, From a rotti breeder in Tassie

Thanks Ellz will keep it in mind.

I'm hoping he goes the way of a breeder in Vic as I'm not sure the one he has seen in Tassie is a reg breeder (only guessing) I have given him contacts for all the Vic Breeders on the breed pages so hopefully he will make a good choice. I am still suprised at the cost of flying a pup I really thought it would be a lot more!!

Thanks again for all the replys.

As a guide:

Hobart to Melbourne. Airport to Airport. $150 including purchase of new PP40 crate for puppy (up to 11kg) total weight.

Geelong pick up to Adelaide airport. $190 including purchase of new PP40 crate for puppy (up to 10kg) total weight.

Note: Crates can be re-sold to recoup some of the expense.

As a guide:

Hobart to Melbourne. Airport to Airport. $150 including purchase of new PP40 crate for puppy (up to 11kg) total weight.

Geelong pick up to Adelaide airport. $190 including purchase of new PP40 crate for puppy (up to 10kg) total weight.

I'd love to know who this is with.....I couldn't get prices like that for my puppies this year!!!!!

As a guide:

I'd love to know who this is with.....I couldn't get prices like that for my puppies this year!!!!!

If you PM me, I will get back with details.

BTW: Perth Airport to Melbourne Airport 11kg dog in hire crate $137.